Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes on boot screen. This only happens from a cold boot and only after...

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes on boot screen. This only happens from a cold boot and only after... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 freezes on boot screen with rotating wait symbol. This only happens from a cold boot. It has only started this behaviour after enabling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SAGB - MCET, Feb 12, 2023.

1. Windows 10 freezes on boot screen. This only happens from a cold boot and only after...

Windows 10 freezes on boot screen with rotating wait symbol. This only happens from a cold boot. It has only started this behaviour after enabling secure boot. Pressing reset on the computer case causes the machine to boot normally. Using CHKDSK finds no errors, Using SFC /scannow finds no errors. Motherboard is ASUS-Z87-A with IntelR CoreTM i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz. BIOS is up to date with last release. How do I find out what is causing this?

:)

SAGB - MCET, Feb 12, 2023

2. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 freezes on boot screen.  This only happens from a cold boot and only after... :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Feb 12, 2023
  3. Win10 will ALWAYS freeze at the loading screen on cold boot, resetting after the freeze fixes it and it runs fine. How do I access what it is trying to load in the background?

The subject says it all. It will 100% of the time freeze with the spinning beads loading screen on cold boot. I have to hit the reset button on my tower and then it loads into windows just fine. Choosing "restart" from inside windows itself also boots without
    issue.

What I need is a diagnostic boot screen like used to be in WinXP. Where I can see the list of drivers\services being loading one by one and wait to see which one it "freezes" at on cold boot. I can't seem to "see behind" the Win10 load GUI load screen (unchecking
    GUI boot didn't help in MsConfig).

Any ideas on what the problem may be and if not HOW do I see what it's freezing at? Thanks!!

NorthernRanger, Feb 12, 2023
  4. ElderJohn Win User

Windows 10 freezes on boot screen. This only happens from a cold boot and only after...

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE randomly after cold boot/sleep

For the past month I have been getting random BSOD's all with driver power state failure. They happen randomly, usually within the first 5-10 minutes of cold booting or waking my computer. Steps I have taken to attempt to fix the problem:
    1. Reinstalled GPU drivers/ tried old drivers
    2. Fresh installed Windows 1803, still happened, then fresh installed 1709
    3. Disabled Fast Boot
    None of these things fixed the issue, any help would be much appreciated at pinpointing the issue. Thanks

ElderJohn, Feb 12, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes on boot screen. This only happens from a cold boot and only after...

1. Windows 10 freezes on boot screen. This only happens from a cold boot and only after... - Similar Threads - freezes boot screen

2. Windows 10 freezes on boot screen. This only happens from a cold boot and only after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes on boot screen. This only happens from a cold boot and only after...: Windows 10 freezes on boot screen with rotating wait symbol. This only happens from a cold boot. It has only started this behaviour after enabling secure boot. Pressing reset on the computer case causes the machine to boot normally. Using CHKDSK finds no errors, Using SFC...
  3. Windows 10 freezes on boot screen. This only happens from a cold boot and only after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 freezes on boot screen. This only happens from a cold boot and only after...: Windows 10 freezes on boot screen with rotating wait symbol. This only happens from a cold boot. It has only started this behaviour after enabling secure boot. Pressing reset on the computer case causes the machine to boot normally. Using CHKDSK finds no errors, Using SFC...
  4. Black screen after booting from a cold boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after booting from a cold boot: Hey guys, so whenever I boot my pc especially from a cold state, the pc post, and boots and I get a black screen after loading the icon in the bios. Both my mouse and keyboard don't work and the cursor won't show up. Only RGB lightning works and when I press caps lock or num...
  5. Windows 10 Freeze/Crash after Cold Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freeze/Crash after Cold Boot: I have been having these problem for a couple of weeks now and it is very consistent. Everyday when II turn the computer for the first time it always crashes after 1 few minutes consistently and after I hard reset it, it runs fine. So far I have tried the following method I...
  6. Sound only works on cold boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound only works on cold boot: Hello, I have an awesome Dell laptop running the latest version of Windows 10 that I have had for a couple of years now. I have had this issue since I bought the laptop and have never been able to get the issue resolved. When I cold boot the computer, sound works fine....
  7. BSOD on cold boot only

BSOD on cold boot only: Hi all, this is a duplicate of this post that I posted in the wrong section. Just delete that post. Sorry for making a mess, I'm new on this forum. So: my problem is with my custom build PC, and any help would be greatly appreciated. My problem is similar to the one...
  8. BSOD on cold boot only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD on cold boot only: Hi all, I have a problem with my custom build desktop that is a bit annoying, and any help would be greatly appreciated. My problem is similar to the one described here. My problem is that every cold boot (by this I mean a start of the computer after it has been shut down...
  9. Black screen after cold boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after cold boot: After a cold boot I get a black screen with no mouse pointer. The computer powers up and the monitor comes on but the manufacturer's logo doesn't show and nothing else appears. After repeatedly powering off (holding power button down) and retrying 5 or 6 times it eventually...
  10. BSOD on only cold boots

BSOD on only cold boots: I got a custom built pc for christmas and it has been getting BSOD's since it was built and they have only been happening on cold boots, and the file that is having problems is ntoskrnl. I would love if someone could find the problem that has been going on for weeks. 39014