Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes on boot. This issue did not occur when i had Windows 7 or Ubuntu on it....

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes on boot. This issue did not occur when i had Windows 7 or Ubuntu on it.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EdinPlayZ [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EdinPlayZ, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 freezes on boot. This issue did not occur when i had Windows 7 or Ubuntu on it....

/u/EdinPlayZ, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Help on triple boot: Ubuntu, Win 7, XP.

• [/quote] then run it Code: sudo gparted[/quote]
    • And you should see that the Windows 7 partition has a flag indicating that it is a boot partition, remove that flag;
    • Reinstall Windows XP on sda2 (now XP should install its loader on sda2 too);
    • Test if XP boots from GRUB;
    • After this restore the boot flag on the 7 partition and test all OSs;
    I remember doing something like this long time ago (Longhorn/Vista early days), but it was with two different HDDs so it was "kinda" easier.
    Good luck. Click to expand... I did exactly what you said and came up with the same results. It doesn't really matter, though. It's just a slight inconvenience that I can overlook. However, I will remember the steps and commands your provided me for future reference. I appreciate your time and effort in helping me with this matter. One last question. Is it possible to have the following OS'es: Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows Home Server, all without conflicts?

GoFigureItOut, Mar 24, 2020
  4. EviLZeD Win User

Windows 10 freezes on boot. This issue did not occur when i had Windows 7 or Ubuntu on it....

Windows 7 freezing strange issue

Hi its me again with another wierd issue (this ones really wierd)

My preordered windows 7 came ( a while back now) so I did a clean install a I was previously running vista x64 sp2 perfectly fine. So after about a week of running windows 7 with no issues at all I had this random freeze (twice) where well I can move the mouse cursor but windows wont respond to anything I do, im using a logitech g15 keyboard and its clock is a good indicator if the computers frozen as it stops updating (used to always happen when vista or xp froze) but it still runs fine when windows 7 was freezing.

After the first incident it didn't happen again until today after starting vmware player to use my old printer it would freeze(was working fine previously) when ever I tried using vmware so I uninstalled vmware but when trying to reinstall it windows 7 would freeze again with the installer stuck I can still move the mouse and highlight shortcuts etc but cant open anything including task manager nothing would happen the problem just got worse. I tried repairing windows with its disc but that was no luck after a couple of restarts windows 7 wouldn't even recognise my keyboard anymore (tried 2 different ones) I had to login using the on screen keybaord instead.

I just quickly did a reformat and partitioned my ssd and am dual booting a clean install of xp(using now) and a clean install of windows 7 and its freezing when I try to install my graphics card drivers now somethings very wrong Im thinking its my ssd as I noticed most of the time the problem occurs the hdd light stays on constantly. XP hasn't crashed on me yet but installing anything on it is really really slow but im not sure whats causing it, im pretty stressed out atm as im a little clueless and I got alot of university work to do C++ etc which is due in soon.

Thanks for any help

EviLZeD, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes on boot. This issue did not occur when i had Windows 7 or Ubuntu on it....

1. Windows 10 freezes on boot. This issue did not occur when i had Windows 7 or Ubuntu on it.... - Similar Threads - freezes boot issue

2. I had Windows 7 Ultimate installed on my Computer But when did a Clean Install of windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I had Windows 7 Ultimate installed on my Computer But when did a Clean Install of windows...: i had windows 7 on my "HP Compaq 2230s Base Model Notebook PC" and there were no issues with graphics. Nut now, i have clean installed windows 10 and now i am getting graphics issues mainly "Opengl2,0 not installed" even after updating the drivers from windows update.I then...
  3. Windows 10, Ubuntu Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, Ubuntu Boot Manager: How to remove Ubuntu Boot from my Samsung SSD with Windows 10 installed? s63 0 60 178252
  4. Dual boot windows 10 and Ubuntu

Dual boot windows 10 and Ubuntu: Hi I've got Windows 10 and Ubuntu. My problem is that if I choose Ubuntu as default OS I can choose between Ubuntu and Windows but if I choose Windows as default OS I have no choice. I remember that some time ago I could choose OS from some blue menu. How to deal with this...
  5. Dual booting windows 10 and 7 issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual booting windows 10 and 7 issues.: Hi everyone, I'm dual booting windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 LTSC they are UEFI installs, I installed windows 7 first. When windows 7 was the last booted OS it will show the old black bootloader selecting windows 7 from there will work just fine, but selecting windows 10...
  6. Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu: I've dual booted my computer with Ubuntu, I was able to boot into it for a while until windows updated itself and now it skips over the Linux boot menu. Secure and fast boot are both disabled. I've tried adding Ubuntu onto the Windows boot menu but I can't get that to work...
  7. Issues booting Windows 10 after failing to Dual Boot Ubuntu

Issues booting Windows 10 after failing to Dual Boot Ubuntu: Hi all, I was trying to dual boot Ubuntu on my Windows 10 machine. The install for Ubuntu failed, and now whenever I try to boot to my solid state drive that only has Windows 10 on it, it won't work, because it can't find the Windows install or something. I have an HD...
  8. Dual boot - Windows 10 - Ubuntu - ACHI issues

Dual boot - Windows 10 - Ubuntu - ACHI issues: Hello I'm trying to dual-boot a new Acer laptop which already has Windows 10 on, adding Ubuntu. To install Ubuntu I need to change the SATA mode to ACHI. Windows does not boot when ACHI is used (No Bootable Device identified). Here are the things I've already tried: -...
  9. Windows 10 freezes on load screen but Windows 7 boots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes on load screen but Windows 7 boots: So I'm pretty stumped and am looking for a hand troubleshooting. My computer ran Win10 fine before and recently stopped booting. It will either: freeze on the load screen, sit loading forever and get DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION or freeze on the load screen getting into automatic...
  10. Issues dual booting Ubuntu 15.10 and Windows 10

Issues dual booting Ubuntu 15.10 and Windows 10: I'm having some troubles trying to get Ubuntu 15.10 64 bit dual-booted with Windows 10 64 bit. Firstly, I burned the latest ISO from the official Ubuntu website to an 8GB USB formatted to FAT-32 using Universal-USB-Installer. I then restarted my computer and changed...