Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes on first boot, starts on second

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes on first boot, starts on second in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a fresh install of Windows 10, installed a few days ago.Every time I shut down the computer and turn it back on again, it gets stuck on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Lrzinck, May 9, 2022.

1. Lrzinck Win User

Windows 10 freezes on first boot, starts on second

I have a fresh install of Windows 10, installed a few days ago.Every time I shut down the computer and turn it back on again, it gets stuck on the loading screen, without the spinny bar.I have to hold the button down and force my PC to turn off. Then when I turn it back on again, it works perfectly!What is going on here?How can I fix this?I thought that doing a fresh install of Windows 10 would FIX any and every issue.Thank you ahead of time for your help!Larry

:)

Lrzinck, May 9, 2022

2. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 freezes on first boot, starts on second :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, May 9, 2022
  3. InhexSTER Win User
    PowerDVD 9 freezes on startup for 10 seconds

My problem is that my PowerDVD 9 freezes whole system for 5-10 seconds while starting. It happens on my HD monitor Samsung 240HD. But when I connect 40 inch 720p tv it works great. Please, can u suggest what the problem or give some link to fix.

InhexSTER, May 9, 2022
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, May 9, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 freezes on first boot, starts on second - Similar Threads - freezes boot starts

2. Freezes and USB disconnecting on first boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezes and USB disconnecting on first boot: As the title states, every time i start my pc for the first time of the day or after it being off for a while, it freezes randomly for 1-5 seconds and disconnects and reconnects alll my usb devices mouse, keyboard, etc.... Once i restart my pc it doesn't happen anymore.The...
  3. Freezes and USB disconnecting on first boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezes and USB disconnecting on first boot: As the title states, every time i start my pc for the first time of the day or after it being off for a while, it freezes randomly for 1-5 seconds and disconnects and reconnects alll my usb devices mouse, keyboard, etc.... Once i restart my pc it doesn't happen anymore.The...
  4. Freezes and USB disconnecting on first boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 freezes on first boot, starts on second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes on first boot, starts on second: I have a fresh install of Windows 10, installed a few days ago.Every time I shut down the computer and turn it back on again, it gets stuck on the loading screen, without the spinny bar.I have to hold the button down and force my PC to turn off. Then when I turn it back on...
  6. Windows 10 freezes on first boot, starts on second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 freezes on first boot, starts on second: I have a fresh install of Windows 10, installed a few days ago.Every time I shut down the computer and turn it back on again, it gets stuck on the loading screen, without the spinny bar.I have to hold the button down and force my PC to turn off. Then when I turn it back on...
  7. Windows 10 Blue-screen of Death on First or Second Boot of day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Blue-screen of Death on First or Second Boot of day: I built a PC and installed Windows 10 Pro, and I'm getting the blue screen usually when I power on the computer for the first time that day. In the link below are dump files created when that happened today....
  8. Windows 10 freezes on first boot, starts on second

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 freezes on first boot, starts on second: I have a fresh install of Windows 10, installed a few days ago. Every time I shut down the computer and turn it back on again, it gets stuck on the loading screen, without the spinny bar. I have to pull the plug to get it to turn off. Then when I turn it back on again, it...
  9. windows 10 start menu freezing first time after boot.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 start menu freezing first time after boot.: I have windows 10 pro 1803. After every reboot of my PC the Start menu icons don't seem to work(Ions are little greyed out).They are clickable but they don't do any actions. This is solved if I close and open the Start menu again. Any permanent fix Note 1 : This doesn't...
  10. windows 10 freezing for few seconds to start HDD

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 freezing for few seconds to start HDD: hi i have nvme evo 970 as boot/os / i9 9900k / 64gb DDR4 3200 / win10pro also have 3 HDD for data, which i can see in power settings go toturn off mode in 20minutes...(standard) (balanced mode) now for some reason pc will freeze for few seconds once those HDD starting i...