Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes on load screen but Windows 7 boots

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes on load screen but Windows 7 boots in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I'm pretty stumped and am looking for a hand troubleshooting. My computer ran Win10 fine before and recently stopped booting. It will either:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TylerFontaine, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 freezes on load screen but Windows 7 boots

So I'm pretty stumped and am looking for a hand troubleshooting. My computer ran Win10 fine before and recently stopped booting. It will either: freeze on the load screen, sit loading forever and get DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION or freeze on the load screen getting into automatic repair. I've tried older versions of Windows with no success. However, Win7 loads on the computer perfectly fine. I've swapped out hard-drives and RAM and even put the Hard-Drive in an identical computer where it ran fine.

What could possible issues be/ what steps should I do to troubleshoot? Even if it is a hardware issue I would like to narrow the issue down. I appreciate any and all help.

:)

TylerFontaine, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Nick259 Win User

Friends computer freezing at windows loading screen

Ok my friend is having problems with his computer right now. Basically it crashed on the windows loading screen. This is what he told me on MSN.

Now i'm not too sure what the problem is. I suggested doing a repair install with the xp disk (i'll be giving him that tomorrow) but in the mean time do any of you have any ideas?

Nick259, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 freezes on load screen but Windows 7 boots :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Jborg Win User

Windows 10 freezes on load screen but Windows 7 boots

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes on load screen but Windows 7 boots

1. Windows 10 freezes on load screen but Windows 7 boots - Similar Threads - freezes load screen

2. Windows 11 freezing on loading screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freezing on loading screen.: Hello,I need help figuring out which drivers are causing windows to crash. I have been crashing constantly for a few weeks and finally got around to do a full system reset a few days ago, everything has been running much better now however I am now experiencing BSODs with...
  3. Windows 11 freezing on loading screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 freezing on loading screen.: Hello,I need help figuring out which drivers are causing windows to crash. I have been crashing constantly for a few weeks and finally got around to do a full system reset a few days ago, everything has been running much better now however I am now experiencing BSODs with...
  4. Windows 10 freezes on loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes on loading screen: Recently my pc started acting up and I chose to reinstall windows. Everything went well until it rebooted after installation and now it just freezes on loading screen. I tried changing hard-drive and ram as well as disconnecting the keyboard and mouse nothing changes. Any...
  5. Windows 10 freezes on loading screen

Windows 10 freezes on loading screen: Recently my pc started acting up and I chose to reinstall windows. Everything went well until it rebooted after installation and now it just freezes on loading screen. I tried changing hard-drive and ram as well as disconnecting the keyboard and mouse nothing changes. Any...
  6. Windows 10 freezes on loading screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. When i upgrade to windows 10 when it boots the loading screen just freezes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When i upgrade to windows 10 when it boots the loading screen just freezes: When i upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1 it doesnt work when the boot starts it just freezes and the loading bar just completely freezes too.can anyone help me?...
  8. Windows 7 not loading past Windows loading screen

Windows 7 not loading past Windows loading screen: HiMy PC lost power and was forced to close to lack of power.I have attempted to load the computer today and it will not load past the Windows 7 loading screenI can load the computer in safe mode then select, selective start-up with load system services, load start-up items...
  9. Windows 7 not loading past Windows loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 not loading past Windows loading screen: HiMy PC lost power and was forced to close to lack of power.I have attempted to load the computer today and it will not load past the Windows 7 loading screenI can load the computer in safe mode then select, selective start-up with load system services, load start-up items...
  10. Windows 10 boots but freezes while loading desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 boots but freezes while loading desktop: Windows 10 64 bit machine has suddenly stopped working. Not joined to any domain and no password so goes straight into launching the desktop. But as startup items are loading the mouse or keyboard do not respond. Caps lock light etc do not respond light up either when pressed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 boots to desktop fine freezes for several minutes