Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes on load screen but Windows 7 boots

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes on load screen but Windows 7 boots in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I'm pretty stumped and am looking for a hand troubleshooting. My computer ran Win10 fine before and recently stopped booting. It will either:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TylerFontaine, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 freezes on load screen but Windows 7 boots

So I'm pretty stumped and am looking for a hand troubleshooting. My computer ran Win10 fine before and recently stopped booting. It will either: freeze on the load screen, sit loading forever and get DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION or freeze on the load screen getting into automatic repair. I've tried older versions of Windows with no success. However, Win7 loads on the computer perfectly fine. I've swapped out hard-drives and RAM and even put the Hard-Drive in an identical computer where it ran fine.

What could possible issues be/ what steps should I do to troubleshoot? Even if it is a hardware issue I would like to narrow the issue down. I appreciate any and all help.

:)

TylerFontaine, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Nick259 Win User

Friends computer freezing at windows loading screen

Ok my friend is having problems with his computer right now. Basically it crashed on the windows loading screen. This is what he told me on MSN.

Now i'm not too sure what the problem is. I suggested doing a repair install with the xp disk (i'll be giving him that tomorrow) but in the mean time do any of you have any ideas?

Nick259, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 freezes on load screen but Windows 7 boots :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Jborg Win User

Windows 10 freezes on load screen but Windows 7 boots

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes on load screen but Windows 7 boots

1. Windows 10 freezes on load screen but Windows 7 boots - Similar Threads - freezes load screen

2. Windows 10 keeps freezing on loading screen (first boot after installing it). I tried to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps freezing on loading screen (first boot after installing it). I tried to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RoccoPurnell [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5abdp/windows_10_keeps_freezing_on_loading_screen_first/
  3. Can't boot in (loading circle freezes)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot in (loading circle freezes): I can't login info my PC because this loading circle is stuck. It got stuck before as well but I was able to fix it by going in safe mode and restarting. But this time I can't fix it this way. What could be the cause of it. I don't remember installing or updating any drivers...
  4. Windows 10 boot disk frozen on loading screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 boot disk frozen on loading screen: I just built a new pc and I am trying to out windows 10 onto it, and whenever I select the usb drive and boot to it from the bios the windows logo appears, the loading circles load and then the loading circles freeze. I used microsofts tool to put windows 10 on the usb drive....
  5. Windows 10 boots but freezes while loading desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 boots but freezes while loading desktop: Windows 10 64 bit machine has suddenly stopped working. Not joined to any domain and no password so goes straight into launching the desktop. But as startup items are loading the mouse or keyboard do not respond. Caps lock light etc do not respond light up either when pressed...
  6. Windows 10 boot freezes on windows 10 splash screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 boot freezes on windows 10 splash screen: I have an Alienware laptop and I recently began to get several issues while using my laptop. The laptop froze from time to time and I never had this type of issue before. One day I went out of the house for a couple of hours and I left my laptop on not running anything heavy...
  7. Windows 10 boot intermittently freezing on Logo Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boot intermittently freezing on Logo Screen: I have Windows 10 on three computers. Two work fine. The third has been giving me boot problems for as long as I have had it upgraded from Windows 8 (which worked perfectly). On around 50% of boots it will simply freeze at the Windows logo screen with no spinning dots. I...
  8. Computer Freezes on Loading Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Freezes on Loading Screen: Hey, all Normally I'm able to solve my issues myself. Google is my best friend, but I truly have not been able to find a solution to this one. I have a dual CPU desktop workstation that came with Windows 7. I upgraded to Win10, everything seemed fine, then I tried to...
  9. Freezes after windows 10 loads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Freezes after windows 10 loads: Built a new computer and it all worked fine. Moved it to another area and now it freezes after Win 10 loads. Ran a compatibility report and all are to work together. Tried to reinstall Win10 and it can't even do that. 70055
  10. Just loaded windows 10 32 bit freezes on first boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Just loaded windows 10 32 bit freezes on first boot: I just loaded windows 10 on a new computer. On the first boot with the Windows logo on the screen and the dots going around in a circle after the circle goes around about 10 time and before the welcome screen and we are getting things ready it freezes on the circles. Does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 boots to desktop fine freezes for several minutes