Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes on old laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes on old laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It's a 7 year old laptop, and Windows just freezes sometimes HDD was replaced to a new SATA SSD, and it still happens Memtest passed successfully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mibaup, Feb 1, 2021.

1. mibaup Win User

Windows 10 freezes on old laptop

It's a 7 year old laptop, and Windows just freezes sometimes

HDD was replaced to a new SATA SSD, and it still happens
    Memtest passed successfully
    Could it just be that some little component(s) are damaged on the motherboard and it's just not visible, and it causes the problem whenever these components needs to work?
    Or, I can further troubleshoot?

*Edit: I do not have the laptop right now, so tomorrow I will provide more details, but I'd be happy if you gave me suggestions for further troubleshooting until I'll have more details

Thanks

:)

mibaup, Feb 1, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 freezes on old laptop - Similar Threads - freezes old laptop

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly on an old PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes randomly on an old PC: my setup:GeForce GT 610Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.668GB DDR2120GB SSDWin10motherboard: P7N SLI Platinumi was using windows 7 for a long time and in 2019 finally decided to upgrade to windows 10, at first everything was fine but then my pc started randomly freezing, everything...
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly on an old PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 freezes randomly on an old PC: my setup:GeForce GT 610Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.668GB DDR2120GB SSDWin10motherboard: P7N SLI Platinumi was using windows 7 for a long time and in 2019 finally decided to upgrade to windows 10, at first everything was fine but then my pc started randomly freezing, everything...
  4. Windows 10 freezes randomly on an old PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop randomly freezing while playing an old mmorpg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly freezing while playing an old mmorpg: Hello guys.I've recently bought an msi gf 66 katana, i5 12500H rtx 3050 with 16 gb ram.There is this old game i've been playing since ages ,called scions of fate with these requipments : OS: WindowsXP, Vista. Processor: PentiumIII 800MHz. Memory: 256 MB RAM. Graphics: ATI...
  6. Old windows 10 laptop bootlooping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old windows 10 laptop bootlooping: I have an old HP envy from I believe 2013 and it started bootlooping sometime last year. I tried to fix it but gave up and just started trying again today. I'm trying to get into advanced startup options but I just can't get to it. I've tried using F8 on startup but that...
  7. Drivers for Windows 10 for a old laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers for Windows 10 for a old laptop: Hello,I have a old HP laptop Compaq Presario CQ43-205AU running windows 7. Since, w7 ran out of support so, I decided to install w10.I then searched for drivers on HP website but HP didn't made the drivers for it.Will I get drivers for Windows 10?...
  8. Windows 10 Laptop freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Laptop freezes: My laptop suddenly hang on sevral times a day while working especially watching movies. When it freezes, asking to restart which take several minutes to be back. My laptop also functioning slowly. It irritates and give extreme stress......
  9. Can't access old laptop HDD, freezes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't access old laptop HDD, freezes: I'm trying to access some files from an older laptop that no longer works. When I connect the hard drive (Seagate ST500LM021 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cashe SATA - OEM) from my old laptop to my new personal laptop (Manufacturer: Acer, Model: Aspire R5-571TG) the computer...
  10. Laptop Freezing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Freezing Windows 10: My laptop has been crashing/freezing daily for at least 3 weeks now, I've reset it and the crashes still occur. It seems to happen when chrome is open and it can crash after a hour or not crash all day. I've tried to fix it myself but nothing I do is working any help would be...