Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes on saving files

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes on saving files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For last 2 weeks, I am experiencing intermittent freeze/complete when saving files to One Drive. My preference is to save all files I download files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Prasad Gunaratne, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 freezes on saving files

For last 2 weeks, I am experiencing intermittent freeze/complete when saving files to One Drive. My preference is to save all files I download files from the internet or save email attachments to One Drive. I am experiencing freeze for one in every 10-15 files and only way to recover is kill browser or even re-start. My browser is Chrome. Freeze happens immediately after selecting"save as".

Stopping the OneDrive agent didn't help.

I have Surface 2 Laptop 16GB with Windows 10 Home Edition.

:)

Prasad Gunaratne, Feb 28, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 freezes on saving files

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes on saving files

1. Windows 10 freezes on saving files - Similar Threads - freezes saving files

2. file save and save-as not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file save and save-as not working in Windows 10: After I applied Windows 10 Home edition update 11/15/23 I do not remember name of update I got a problem. t was impossible to save-as and open file in Notepad. Also it was impossible to upload files from my computer to some sites. There were no error messages. Page Windows...
  3. file save and save-as not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file save and save-as not working in Windows 10: After I applied Windows 10 Home edition update 11/15/23 I do not remember name of update I got a problem. t was impossible to save-as and open file in Notepad. Also it was impossible to upload files from my computer to some sites. There were no error messages. Page Windows...
  4. file save and save-as not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Freezing when opening File Explorer/Saving big files Mostly Shadowplay recordings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Freezing when opening File Explorer/Saving big files Mostly Shadowplay recordings: Hi. I had this issue on my old HDD, took it out and only had my SSD in my computer and it got fixed. I therefore thought it was a faulty HDD, so I bought a new one, however the problem has started again on my new HDD. This issue was non-existent before, it started after I...
  6. Windows file explorer freezes for 5-10 minutes when usinf save as or navigating for files...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows file explorer freezes for 5-10 minutes when usinf save as or navigating for files...: My laptop latest hardware with 16 GB ram and i7 often gets app frozen for minute 5-10 when i try to use save as or navigate from within to work with file explorer. I ran all possible test on hardware side with no issues detected. Did a complete wipe and reinstall of windows...
  7. windows 10 saving a file.

windows 10 saving a file.: so my laptop is having trouble with saving files to 'this pc', I would like to know why is it saying that I can't save a file and how to fix it please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-saving-a-file/f5543b95-0ba6-4981-b2f8-401ffc3b810e"
  8. Windows 10 unable to save files

Windows 10 unable to save files: My Windows 10 doesn't want to save files, either new Word documents, bank downloads into quicken or newly created power-point. Unable to Save. File Not Found when I try "save as" Can anyone help?...
  9. Windows 10 freezes when saving jpg file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes when saving jpg file: I'm not sure why, but Windows freezes when I try to save a jpg file, either through a download or a "Save As". I have to do a hard reset every time it happens. What can I do to correct this problem? TIA....
  10. Windows 10 will NOT save system files!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will NOT save system files!: Hello I am new to these forums so I hope you will bear with me if I have the wrong forum etc. I have had Windows 10 installed for a while and decided the other day to save anew picture from my webcam for my personal communications etc. I did get the webcam on and clicked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 save as freezes