Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes randomly but cursor moves

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes randomly but cursor moves in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Home on my laptop and sometimes it freezes randomly but the cursor works and windows media player keeps playing music but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PragyanPoudyal, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 freezes randomly but cursor moves

I'm running Windows 10 Home on my laptop and sometimes it freezes randomly but the cursor works and windows media player keeps playing music but everything else is unresponsive. It's been happening for about 5 months now. A quick restart fixes it, but after a few days it freezes again and the cycle continues. I have a 2 TB Hard disk, 8 GB DDR4 RAM, 4 GB Graphics. I haven't had any recent hardware changes.

I use Bitdefender Antivirus and keep it up to date. The problem usually occurs whenever I'm browsing the internet.

I ran the following commands and no errors were shown, but I keep getting the problem.

•- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    •- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanu p-image /Restorehealth
    •- DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
    •- sfc /scannow

Windows 10 freezes randomly but cursor moves 6956d8e6-5589-4268-8867-be372f9fadc0?upload=true.png Windows 10 freezes randomly but cursor moves eb6488b4-45c7-472b-ae71-74aa99c3460e?upload=true.png

:)

PragyanPoudyal, Mar 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Windows 10 freezes randomly but cursor moves

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes randomly but cursor moves

1. Windows 10 freezes randomly but cursor moves - Similar Threads - freezes randomly cursor

2. PC freezes at random times but I can still move the cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes at random times but I can still move the cursor: I recently built a pc but it tends to become unresposive until i reset the whole computer, the mouse still works when it happens but nothing else does.If anyone has a solution for this please let me knowSpecsMotherboard- ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD AM4 latset BIOSCPU- AMD...
  3. PC freezes at random times but I can still move the cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes at random times but I can still move the cursor: I recently built a pc but it tends to become unresposive until i reset the whole computer, the mouse still works when it happens but nothing else does.If anyone has a solution for this please let me knowSpecsMotherboard- ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD AM4 latset BIOSCPU- AMD...
  4. PC freezes at random times but I can still move the cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop and cursor freezes randomly

Laptop and cursor freezes randomly: For nearly 2 months i have been having a problem where my laptop freezes randomly, I normally surf the web and then the cursor randomly freezes for 5 or more seconds and again unfreezes when i try to click windows button and restart the Laptop cursor freezes for 5 seconds and...
  6. My cursor keeps freezing at random times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My cursor keeps freezing at random times: This sometimes happen and other times it does not. My mouse cursor freezes for a few seconds and starts to move again normally. It keeps on happening every once a minute. I tried to update my mouse drivers but it didnot solve the issue. I uninstalled the drivers t and...
  7. Windows apps randomly freezing Everything but cursor freezes

Windows apps randomly freezing Everything but cursor freezes: First off, i know its not my monitor because the cursor still moves with my mouse, its like the whole pc stops for a second, I haven't found any real solutions. Could it be my drivers?...
  8. Windows 10 freezes randomly but cursor moves

Windows 10 freezes randomly but cursor moves: I'm running Windows 10 Home on my laptop and sometimes it freezes randomly but the cursor works and windows media player keeps playing music but everything else is unresponsive. It's been happening for about 4 months now. A quick restart fixes it, but after a few days it...
  9. Windows 10 Cursor Freezing

Windows 10 Cursor Freezing: Hi, so recently I started having issues with my mouse, where the cursor stops working while playing games or really doing anything. I'll be in the middle of something, when all of a sudden my mouse stops working. The mouse won't start working again unless a slide it around...
  10. Windows 10 momentary freeze hang unresponsive (mouse cursor does move)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 momentary freeze hang unresponsive (mouse cursor does move): Occasionally my PC will stop for a few seconds. NOTHING (other than mouse pointer) will respond for about 10 seconds, BUT when it does start responding again, whatever I tried to do during the hang, whether I had pressed START or ctrl/alt/dlt or whatever, will now pop up...