Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes randomly, stops working, and screen freezes into a random solid color.

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes randomly, stops working, and screen freezes into a random solid color. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently built a new gaming PC and once or twice a day it'll freeze to a random color screen. This isn't just a graphics issue since my audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GarrettT, Jun 16, 2020.

1. GarrettT Win User

Windows 10 freezes randomly, stops working, and screen freezes into a random solid color.

Hello,

I recently built a new gaming PC and once or twice a day it'll freeze to a random color screen. This isn't just a graphics issue since my audio would stop and if I was playing a game, i would disconnect. This isn't a bluescreen and when I boot back into windows it starts up like there's nothing wrong. I have all my drivers installed I think for my graphics card, cpu, and motherboard, and I don't know whats causing it.

I'm running windows 10 pro, a Radeon 560, Gigabyte B450, and a Ryzen 3200G. My Bios and drivers are up to date.

:)

GarrettT, Jun 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Man_Gup Win User
    Solid Color Freeze !help!

Very often my PC freezes whit a solid color, it can be:blue,red,yellow,gray,white

it deppens of background for example on google it will be white

My PC freezes whit a solid color

I cant see anything

And i cant click

if there is music in the background

it will start repeating on certain point

Often it heppends when im playing games

Can someone help?

Man_Gup, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 freezes randomly, stops working, and screen freezes into a random solid color.

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes randomly, stops working, and screen freezes into a random solid color.

1. Windows 10 freezes randomly, stops working, and screen freezes into a random solid color. - Similar Threads - freezes randomly stops

2. Random screen freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random screen freeze: Hello, I had bought an Lenovo laptop 2 years back and suddenly I have got an problem of random screen freeze due to which, I had even changed its disk to an ssd but that did not solve the problem and now whenever I on it it and open it it kust freeze in some second's but...
  3. Random screen freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random screen freezes: I have been having troubles with my Windows 10 laptop for the past few weeks. At completely random intervals, my screen will completely freeze, preventing me from moving my mouse or viewing any changes on my screen. However, my computer itself is still running; I can still...
  4. Screen turns solid color and freezes

Screen turns solid color and freezes: If I try to play any game on my laptop my drivers will just fail. I’ve tried legit everything and nothing has worked for me and my screen still turns to a color and crashes. Im guessing its a hardware problem but im just asking arround first before I get it checked submitted...
  5. Screen turns solid color and freezes

Screen turns solid color and freezes: So Ive been having this problem for at least a month now. Everytime I try to load up games like Minecraft or some other stuff. My screen turns to a solid color like green or brown and my laptop freezes and I have to reset. Ive tried uninstalling my drivers and reinstalling,...
  6. Pc freezes on a random solid color within a minute or so of booting.

Pc freezes on a random solid color within a minute or so of booting.: Hey all, I’ve been running across this issue all day and I’m not sure why. I did some very mild overclocking on my r5 2600x to try and boost my cinebench score (3.8 to 3.95 GHz). And also, right beforehand I used msi afterburner to add about 200 MHz to my brand new gtx 1660...
  7. Pc freezes on a random solid color within a minute or so of booting.

Pc freezes on a random solid color within a minute or so of booting.: Hey all, I’ve been running across this issue all day and I’m not sure why. I did some very mild overclocking on my r5 2600x to try and boost my cinebench score (3.8 to 3.95 GHz). And also, right beforehand I used msi afterburner to add about 200 MHz to my brand new gtx 1660...
  8. Screen freezes randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen freezes randomly: Hello, Since some months ago i´m getting random freezes no matter what im doing in the pc, playing, browsing the web or even when the pc is idle. I haven´t done any hadware changes except the graphics card that i upgraded a week ago, this didn´t change anything because i...
  9. Windows 10 screen freezes on a solid color & needs a manual shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 screen freezes on a solid color & needs a manual shutdown: My Computer: GPU: GeForce GTX970 CPU: Intel Core i5-4690k @ 3.50GHz 8GB Ram Resolution: 1920x1080, 60Hz Nvidia Driver version 3.62 (this is not the most recent I tried a rollback to 3.62 but it doesn't seem to help) OS: Windows 10 Pro Recently my computer has begun...
  10. Random Screen freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random Screen freezing: I see this issue has been discussed but my situation seems to be different. I have random freezing of the screen on my PC which requires a restart to clear. I have always assembled my own PC so refer to my system build at the tab below. I have run the Mem86 test and with 8...