Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezes Randomly while alt+tab in between web and Excel

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezes Randomly while alt+tab in between web and Excel in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Team, I am having this issue since long time. Windows 10 tend to Freeze twice or thrice a day while ALT+TAB between any browser and Excel and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pegaas, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Pegaas Win User

Windows 10 Freezes Randomly while alt+tab in between web and Excel

Hello Team,

I am having this issue since long time. Windows 10 tend to Freeze twice or thrice a day while ALT+TAB between any browser and Excel and nothing works unless restart.

Also have faced BSOD issue while ALT+TAB

My System details are as Follows: Please help as this is really disturbing during some important work.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 4/18/2020, 16:25:51

Machine name: DEVANG

Machine Id: {F4718E30-EEBB-4F46-9CA4-B0667010F311}

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10.0, Build 18363 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202

Language: English Regional Setting: English

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: H310M H

BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/18/18 19:06:57 Ver: 05.0000D type: BIOS

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 12 CPUs, ~3.2GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8054MB RAM

Page File: 3734MB used, 5598MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI 100 percent

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI 100 percent

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

DirectX Database Version: Unknown

DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

:)

Pegaas, Apr 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Alt + Tab from excel to other programs.

After installing windows 10, I am facing problem while switching from Excel (2007) to other programs.

Alt + Tab has to be used twice to move from excel (2007 )to other programs, where as to
    switch from any other program to excel
    alt +tab responds with one key stroke.

This problem has surfaced only after installing windows 10 and Alt + Tab was responding with one key stroke in windows 8 and earlier version.

NandanBhambore, Apr 18, 2020
  4. ThorKhan Win User

Forced to do "ALT-TAB-TAB" to switch instead of "ALT-TAB", when two Excel files are opened.

Normal version:

You hold ALT, then press TAB once, but keep ALT held. A window will appear with small windows of all opened programs and the next program on the list (the one you used before the current one) will be automatically marked. Once you release ALT, you will be
    switched to the marked program.

Hitting ALT+TAB quickly would allow for quick rotation between two programs.

NEW version for EXCEL (working whenever TWO Excel files are opened):

Now I wanted to do exactly that: copy data from Excel file A, ALT-TAB to file B and paste it.

With dismay I realized that some bonus feature was implemented now.

So now you hold ALT, then press TAB once with ALT being held. This time you no longer get switched to the last active program. No - your CURRENT program is marked. If you release the ALT button, you will simply stay in the current Excel file. Now I have
    to ALT-TAB and TAB again to get to the other Excel file.

What is heck? How can I eliminate this "feature" and flush it down the toilet? Double-tabbing thousands of times will definitely drive me completely nuts, so please help me out on that.

ThorKhan, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Freezes Randomly while alt+tab in between web and Excel - Similar Threads - Freezes Randomly while

2. Automatically Alt+Tab Between Different Programs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically Alt+Tab Between Different Programs in Windows 10: Hello all;Is there a way to automatically switch between running apps/programs in Windows 10 for a set amount of time? I have done a ton of reading online but A I am not a programmer, so I am very unfamiliar with Windows PowerShell, VBScripts, and AutoIT, and B I have found...
  3. Automatically Alt+Tab Between Different Programs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically Alt+Tab Between Different Programs in Windows 10: Hello all;Is there a way to automatically switch between running apps/programs in Windows 10 for a set amount of time? I have done a ton of reading online but A I am not a programmer, so I am very unfamiliar with Windows PowerShell, VBScripts, and AutoIT, and B I have found...
  4. Random Alt-tab in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Alt-tab in Windows 11: I have a new Asus Vivobook that shipped with Windows 11. Everything is up to date - Win11, Avast, NordVPN. 28G memory.I noticed that the screen would randomly flash but thought nothing of it. However if I was idle the current screen would change to another open app -- almost...
  5. Random Alt-tab in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Alt-tab in Windows 11: I have a new Asus Vivobook that shipped with Windows 11. Everything is up to date - Win11, Avast, NordVPN. 28G memory.I noticed that the screen would randomly flash but thought nothing of it. However if I was idle the current screen would change to another open app -- almost...
  6. Alt tab randomly skipping windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt tab randomly skipping windows.: I just got the 20H2 update on windows 10 and for some reason sometimes when I alt tab it will skip the most recent window and go to the last one. Any idea if this is a known bug or if there is a fix? submitted by /u/Corpses69 [link] [comments]...
  7. Random alt tabs

Random alt tabs: My computer seem to randomly alt tab at will, and I have no idea why. I used Windows Focus Logger, and the issue might originate from a folder called ImmersiveControlPanel under the Local disc C: - Windows. Have ran Malwarebytes multiple times with no viruses or malware...
  8. [BUG] Slow ALT+Tabbing between programs

[BUG] Slow ALT+Tabbing between programs: don't know what's happening, but alt+tab freezes for a bit, it used to be simultaneous before. submitted by /u/nwr83 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpt8rs/bug_slow_alttabbing_between_programs/
  9. Random Alt-Tabs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random Alt-Tabs?: So, this issue developed some weeks ago. Every hour, from start-up, I get alt-tabbed to a mystery window, called 'Update' according to WindowsFocusLogger. I've tried disabling tasks, I've tried closing down non-essential tasks at start up - I've tried **** round in...
  10. Windows 10: Cannot switch between Windows using Alt-Tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: Cannot switch between Windows using Alt-Tab: I have looked around the web. Everyone says check updates, isn't really an issue, or make sure system settings set to 'desktop mode.' My windows switch fine using Alt-Tab when in Tablet mode, how can I switch windows using Alt-Tab in desktop mode? The OS is called...