Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes randomly

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes randomly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I have been getting these random freezes a couple of times now which locks up the entire system and forces me to do a hard restart and i have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Keepoman, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Keepoman Win User

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi! I have been getting these random freezes a couple of times now which locks up the entire system and forces me to do a hard restart and i have tried EVERYTHING to resolve it, but no luck. I tried updating all drivers to the newest, did a sfc /scannow which repaired all the corrupt files, firmware update of HDD and defragging the HDD.
    I know there is nothing wrong with my hardware because this ONLY happens in Windows 10 and not in Windows 8.1. This is the 2nd time i'm installing Windows 10 to see if the issue was resolved somehow, but nope. Also tried with a upgrade and with a clean install 2 times.

Does anyone have any tips or fixes for this? It's really starting to drive me crazy..

:)

Keepoman, Aug 2, 2015
  2. Little.star, Aug 2, 2015
  3. patricjr Win User
    Windows 10 Freezes Randomly

my windows 10 freezes randomly in a dell insperon 15 300 series

patricjr, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Same here! Driving me absolutely nuts! Have you found a solution yet? If so please lemme know because you have the same exact symptoms as me and I'll let you know if I figure it out.

staugiedawg88, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Keepoman Win User
    Nope.. i reverted back to Windows 8.1 again and the freezing just vanished.. it's really weird

Keepoman, Aug 3, 2015
  6. ivylad Win User
    Got the exact same issue. I re-install Intel HD graphics driver and now the freezing seems to be less frequent. I am going to try mobo chipset drivers later. I don't know if it's related but when I try to Restart my system the spinning wheel just keeps on spinning and I have to do a hard reset.

ivylad, Aug 3, 2015
  7. Keepoman Win User
    Yeah it's a darn shame it has to freeze because i actually started to like Windows 10

Keepoman, Aug 3, 2015
  8. Keepoman Win User

Seriously, does no one have some kind of solution? I just want to try every option i can get, even if it does not work.

Keepoman, Aug 3, 2015
  9. letmein Win User
    Some apps need to be uninstalled because they might cause problems with the upgrade process. Especially security programs. You'll be able to reinstall these apps after the upgrade to Windows 10 is done.

Other apps need to be uninstalled because they won't work correctly or might not work at all with Windows 10. You won't be able to reinstall or use these apps after the upgrade is done. Also unplug any usb devices. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...faq-windows-10

letmein, Aug 3, 2015
  10. Keepoman Win User
    This also happens with a clean install. I tried both upgrade and clean install and i still get the exact same issue.

Keepoman, Aug 3, 2015
  11. letmein Win User
    Press Windows key + X

Click Command Prompt (Admin)

Type in at the prompt OR Copy and Paste these one at a time : (Hit enter after each)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

When the procedures are complete exit the command prompt:

Next, do the following:

Right click on the start button and click Command Prompt (admin) Click Yes

Type: cleanmgr.exe

Click OK

letmein, Aug 3, 2015
  12. Keepoman Win User
    Already did all of that.. still a no-go

Keepoman, Aug 3, 2015
  13. letmein Win User

letmein, Aug 3, 2015
  14. ivylad Win User
    Yeah I've done all of that too and no go for me either. Sometimes it will fine for 15mins before crashing then all of a sudden the start button won't work and apps don't open and the internet connection drops (network card crash). Only option then is to hard reset the PC. I guess it is explorer.exe crashing which I think is what a recent Nvidia MS patch was causing but I don't have that patch installed anyway. I'm not sure a clean install will help judging by the fact that others have done this and it made no difference. I can only think it can be graphics driver related but I have the latest driver for my integrated Intel Graphics HD 4600. So frustrating!

ivylad, Aug 4, 2015
  15. I think that this is why you should do a clean reinstall of Windows 10.... You have to do that with all of the other windows anyway

sondawg18401, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 freezes randomly - Similar Threads - freezes randomly

2. Windows explorer randomly freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer randomly freezes: From time to time, windows explorer will stop working, leaving me with the active window barely working, unable to use shortcuts like atl+tab, or altf4.After a while in vegetative state, the computer will reboot.A strong guess is that discord desktop is the culprit but it...
  3. Windows explorer randomly freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer randomly freezes: From time to time, windows explorer will stop working, leaving me with the active window barely working, unable to use shortcuts like atl+tab, or altf4.After a while in vegetative state, the computer will reboot.A strong guess is that discord desktop is the culprit but it...
  4. Windows explorer randomly freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random PC Freezes, EventLog 6008, Kernel-Power Event ID 41, WHEA-Logger event ID 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random PC Freezes, EventLog 6008, Kernel-Power Event ID 41, WHEA-Logger event ID 1: Good time of the day Experts.We are at the wits end figuring cause of spontaneous freezes and crashes of the PC. Sometimes when playing video games, sometimes even when logging into windows. Tried, what seems like everything: Updating video drivers, Updating bios,...
  6. Random PC Freezes, EventLog 6008, Kernel-Power Event ID 41, WHEA-Logger event ID 1

Random PC Freezes, EventLog 6008, Kernel-Power Event ID 41, WHEA-Logger event ID 1: Good time of the day Experts.We are at the wits end figuring cause of spontaneous freezes and crashes of the PC. Sometimes when playing video games, sometimes even when logging into windows. Tried, what seems like everything: Updating video drivers, Updating bios,...
  7. Random PC Freezes, EventLog 6008, Kernel-Power Event ID 41, WHEA-Logger event ID 1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.: This has been going on for a little while and I still don't understand what the solution is. No matter, what I do, even cleaning the dust out of PC, it will still randomly restart for no apparent reason. However, there are a few errors that I found in both "Application" and...
  9. Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.

Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.: This has been going on for a little while and I still don't understand what the solution is. No matter, what I do, even cleaning the dust out of PC, it will still randomly restart for no apparent reason. However, there are a few errors that I found in both "Application" and...
  10. Windows 11 PC randomly freezes without blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC randomly freezes without blue screen: Hello,My laptop is suffering a serious situation that affect me quite a lot. This problem only occurs when my computer only running on discrete GPUcalled "dGPU direct connection mode" in my computer. Whether I am playing games, writing documents, or even just on hook, the...