Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes shortly after logging in

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes shortly after logging in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home edition, version 1903, OS Build 18362.836. Last clean install was in June of last year 2019. My computer is Intel Core i5,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dave_M_G, May 31, 2020.

1. Dave_M_G Win User

Windows 10 freezes shortly after logging in

I have Windows 10 Home edition, version 1903, OS Build 18362.836. Last clean install was in June of last year 2019.

My computer is Intel Core i5, 750@2.67GHz, 12GB RAM.

I have had this computer for a few years, without any problems. I haven't installed any new software or device drivers in the last few months that I know of.

In the last few weeks, a problem has emerged. When I start the computer, I can log in and begin using applications. I see no errors or any indication of any problems.

However, after about 5 minutes, maybe less or more, the computer suddenly freezes. The mouse is unresponsive and the cursor can not be moved. No keyboard entry gets registered. I can't get any response from pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL or any other soft reset options.

The only way to regain control of the computer is to do a hard reset with the button at the front of the tower case.

Once I have done this process, and the Windows starts a second time after having frozen once, then it does not seem to exhibit any problems. Essentially, it freezes once a day, shortly after logging in for the first time.

I have tried removing all USB devices and making sure all drivers are up to date. This problem persists.

How do I diagnose and solve this problem?

:)

Dave_M_G, May 31, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, May 31, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 31, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 freezes shortly after logging in - Similar Threads - freezes shortly logging

2. Windows 10 Freezing after logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Freezing after logging in: This has just started happening today. After going though the normal boot and signing in my desktop appears with no icons and the task bar is unresponsive. ctrl alt del pulls up the menu but the task manager will not appear. Was working on an after effect project and it...
  3. Windows 10 Freezing after logging in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Freezing after logging in: This has just started happening today. After going though the normal boot and signing in my desktop appears with no icons and the task bar is unresponsive. ctrl alt del pulls up the menu but the task manager will not appear. Was working on an after effect project and it...
  4. Windows 10 Freezing after logging in

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Freezing After Short Inactivity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Freezing After Short Inactivity: So im having this problem over a week now and I just cant find a solution for it.The problem is that if im not using my pc for more than 15-20 min, it suddenly freezes and the only way to fix it is by hard resetting the pc using the power button. At first I thought it was a...
  6. Windows 10 Freezes after log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezes after log in: I've had an intermittent problem since I first powered up my desktop. After logging into Windows, the screen goes to a solid color the color seems to change between events, then the fans in the tower all speed up to what sounds like maximum rpm's and the computer is locked....
  7. Short freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Short freezes: Hi, when I click into like action centre and system, for example, I get very small brief full system lag/freezes which stops my mouse, sound, everything for that split couple seconds. It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen often. Anyone else experiences this and...
  8. Short freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Short freezes: Hi, when I click into like action center and system for example, I get very small brief full system lag/freezes which stops my mouse, sound, everything for that split couple seconds. It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen often. Anyone else experience this...
  9. Short freeze after waking up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Short freeze after waking up: Hi. WIN 10, 17134.1246 This is not very big problem (if any) but I wonder. Since few days, when i'm waking my laptop (Lenovo y700, i7, SSD), it takes him about second or two to show logon screen. During this second or two, there is a blue screen (not BSOD), and then logon...
  10. Short freeze after waking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Short freeze after waking up: Hi. WIN 10, 17134.1246 This is not very big problem (if any) but I wonder. Since few days, when i'm waking my laptop (Lenovo y700, i7, SSD), it takes him about second or two to show logon screen. During this second or two, there is a blue screen (not BSOD), and then logon...