Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezes, then Reboots after log-in AMD System

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezes, then Reboots after log-in AMD System in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just built a new system today, the components are as listed: Ryzen 5 3600 Strix 470x-f Motherboard 16gb Corsair Dominator Ram Strix 5700XT 750w... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MCVIIIX, Feb 23, 2020.

1. MCVIIIX Win User

Windows 10 Freezes, then Reboots after log-in AMD System

I just built a new system today, the components are as listed:

Ryzen 5 3600

Strix 470x-f Motherboard

16gb Corsair Dominator Ram

Strix 5700XT

750w PSU

The first time I installed and booted into windows there was no issue, I updated windows, and installed the driver and software for the CPU and GPU From the AMD website, then restarted. I was able to sign in normally but after a few seconds the system freezes and blackscreens, followed by a grey noise screen. The PC then restarts itself and continues to do this. I got to the windows recovery page once and tried to diagnose it but it would comeback with an error. I reinstalled windows once and tried again with no change. I think the PC is able to run normally without the updates and I don't really know which update causes the error since I stupidly installed them all at once. One thing to mention: I thought the graphics card was the issue since the VGA light on the motherboard is on, however, the lights disappear once I switch to a HDMI cable so I'm not quite sure. The graphics card is B-grade though.

:)

MCVIIIX, Feb 23, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Feb 23, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Freezes, then Reboots after log-in AMD System

Windows freezes on the revolving circle upon reboot

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• What happens if you do not restart when the blue circle freezes?
    • Does the freeze happen only during reboot?

For now, I suggest that you place your computer in Safe Mode and reboot your computer and check if you still experience the freeze. To log into Safe Mode refer to the article provided in the link below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If you get the same symptoms in this mode as well, then I suggest that you check if you hard drive has any errors. To do so follow the steps below

1. Open This PC and then navigate to c: drive.

2. Right click on the drive and select Properties.

3. Then click on the Tools tab and under Error Checking
    click on Check.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Freezes, then Reboots after log-in AMD System

1. Windows 10 Freezes, then Reboots after log-in AMD System - Similar Threads - Freezes Reboots log

2. System reboot and random Freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System reboot and random Freezes: System Win 11 x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 32 GB RAM, motherboard TUF GAMING B550M-PLUSIt's been a while since my computer sometimes freezes for a few seconds and returns to normal, other times it just restarts spontaneously, I'll attach the last 2 dumps that were generated from...
  3. System reboot and random Freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System reboot and random Freezes: System Win 11 x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 32 GB RAM, motherboard TUF GAMING B550M-PLUSIt's been a while since my computer sometimes freezes for a few seconds and returns to normal, other times it just restarts spontaneously, I'll attach the last 2 dumps that were generated from...
  4. Windows 10 Freezing after logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Freezing after logging in: This has just started happening today. After going though the normal boot and signing in my desktop appears with no icons and the task bar is unresponsive. ctrl alt del pulls up the menu but the task manager will not appear. Was working on an after effect project and it...
  5. Windows 10 Freezing after logging in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Freezing after logging in: This has just started happening today. After going though the normal boot and signing in my desktop appears with no icons and the task bar is unresponsive. ctrl alt del pulls up the menu but the task manager will not appear. Was working on an after effect project and it...
  6. Windows 10 Freezing after logging in

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 Freezes after log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezes after log in: I've had an intermittent problem since I first powered up my desktop. After logging into Windows, the screen goes to a solid color the color seems to change between events, then the fans in the tower all speed up to what sounds like maximum rpm's and the computer is locked....
  8. Windows 10 Freezing minutes after rebooting.

Windows 10 Freezing minutes after rebooting.: Hello, My Dell XPS 13 laptop was working a little bit slower than normal recently, and I saw that there was a couple of driver updates that needed to be completed so I clicked update and restart. However, it never restarted on its own. Eventually, I rebooted and it said...
  9. Windows 10 freezes shortly after logging in

Windows 10 freezes shortly after logging in: I have Windows 10 Home edition, version 1903, OS Build 18362.836. Last clean install was in June of last year 2019. My computer is Intel Core i5, 750@2.67GHz, 12GB RAM. I have had this computer for a few years, without any problems. I haven't installed any new software or...
  10. AMD Radeon HD 8870 Series PCI at install freez, after reboot black screen before Log in screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Radeon HD 8870 Series PCI at install freez, after reboot black screen before Log in screen: Greetings, I have a Dell Inspiron 17r 5737 with an AMD Radeon HD 8870 and Windows 10 Home x64. For the first look about half years ago i realized that my VGA isn't work, just only the integrated Intel HD Graphics Family card. If i wanted to install the newest (or the...