Windows 10: windows 10 freezes up, no response from keyboard and mouse turns off

Discus and support windows 10 freezes up, no response from keyboard and mouse turns off in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; windows 10 freezes up, no response from keyboard and mouse turns off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pedro_958, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Pedro_958 Win User

windows 10 freezes up, no response from keyboard and mouse turns off

:)

Pedro_958, Dec 24, 2018
  2. FAXA Win User

Non-responsive keyboard/mouse and general freezing.

Hi

Yesterday evening, my mouse and keyboard started to be non responsive. I would be in the middle of writing a sentence, but all of a sudden my keyboard and mouse would stop working, then about 10 seconds later start up again. It wasn't a total system freeze, because chat messages would still appear on MSN, and everything would still move about on screen when i was playing a game. This happened on and off for about 1 hour, until I couldn't get the keyboard or mouse to work at all.

I booted my PC this morning, but my keyboard and mouse still failed to work. It would boot into Vista and XP fine (im dual booting), but they still wouldn't work - even before i could get into Windows. I reset cmos, I tried switching out the RAM but nothing seems to work, and the problem seems to be getting worse.

About 5 mins ago, I tried to boot into XP, but my whole system froze, and my motherboard let out a faint single beep. When I boot up, I get a single beep telling me that all (should be) fine.

Anyone ever had this problem? or anyone know how to fix it?

(Btw, I have tried different keyboards and mice, and I've tried plugging the USB ones in different sockets, but it didn't make a difference.)

Thanks

FAXA.

3. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Jan 18, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 freezes up, no response from keyboard and mouse turns off - Similar Threads - freezes response keyboard

2. Keyboard and Mouse turn off on boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse turn off on boot: My keyboard and mouse are functioning, I have tried them on multiple devices and they work in the lenovo bios menu but do not work when I get to the log in screen to enter my pin. The keyboard and mouse are both wired and RGB so they light up when the computer is turned on...
  3. Keyboard and Mouse turn off on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and Mouse turn off on boot: My keyboard and mouse are functioning, I have tried them on multiple devices and they work in the lenovo bios menu but do not work when I get to the log in screen to enter my pin. The keyboard and mouse are both wired and RGB so they light up when the computer is turned on...
  4. Windows freezes then keyboard turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezes then keyboard turns off: About 3 years ago I was having a problem where every now and again, my computer froze, lost internet keyboard disconected and all of my external drives also disconected. Now its coming back. It last like 3 seconds but my external drive disconects for a seccond, some programs...
  5. Windows freezes then keyboard turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows freezes then keyboard turns off: About 3 years ago I was having a problem where every now and again, my computer froze, lost internet keyboard disconected and all of my external drives also disconected. Now its coming back. It last like 3 seconds but my external drive disconects for a seccond, some programs...
  6. Windows freezes then keyboard turns off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Delayed keyboard and mouse response

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delayed keyboard and mouse response: I have an Acer Aspire V5 that was donated to me from a friend, The laptop came with Windows 8, but has been updated to windows 10. Since it has been in my possession it has had a 3-4sometimes up to 10 second delay when using keyboard or mouse. I have used troubleshoot for...
  8. mouse/keyboard freeze ups

mouse/keyboard freeze ups: I'm having trouble with Windows 10. Every minute or so, my keyboard, mouse and speakers freeze up for 10 to 30 seconds. I replaced the wireless keyboard/mouse with a brand new set, but it's still hanging on me....
  9. Mouse and Keyboard response / lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and Keyboard response / lag: So i've been struggling with this problem for around 1 week+. It all started one day when i started my csgo and from the begining i feel like my mouse response is not so good, like i am aiming, but the mouse could not respond so well to me like it should be. Also the keyboard...
  10. Mouse and Keyboard turning off

Mouse and Keyboard turning off: Hello, So for last few days I've had this problem with my keyboard which was turning off randomly and only way to fix it was reBoot. I've tried pretty much everything that I read on internet: Device Managerdrivers update/uninstall, disable power saving on each of them etc...