Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezes up on login for particular user...

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezes up on login for particular user... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Environment: Windows 10 Enterprise Issue Description:- One of our user came up with a issue whereas he logs in to the desktop remotely RDP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ravi123WH, May 4, 2020.

1. Ravi123WH Win User

Windows 10 Freezes up on login for particular user...

Hello,

Environment: Windows 10 Enterprise

Issue Description:- One of our user came up with a issue whereas he logs in to the desktop remotely RDP client on MAC and within 5-10 mins the desktop freezes up and logs him out of the desktop with Black screen. Whereas I can login to the desktop and work seamlessly with no issues on RDP.

AS per Event Viewer I see a error logged under system stating Security Kerebros error Event ID 3.

Event Data:

ErrorMessageKDC_ERR_PREAUTH_REQUIRED
    ErrorCode0x19

Can you please provide me a solution to this and root cause to this?

Cleared al cached passwords, Removed all startup applications on his login, restarted the desktop, Group policy update .. Nothing worked!

:)

Ravi123WH, May 4, 2020
  2. marknyy Win User

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, May 4, 2020
  3. oldman1234, May 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Freezes up on login for particular user...

Windows 10 Freezes on Login

Hi Jastin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system after logging-in as it freezes, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Does this issue persists, when you try to open any application or generally as soon you log-in?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the device freezes?
    • How have you installed Windows 10 (Upgrade/ Clean installation)?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and hit
      Enter.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to
    run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Please try to run the Windows Defender to check for the virus on your device.

Refer to: Security & privacy

Note: Data or files which are infected by malware might be beyond cleaning and have to be deleted entirely to maintain the integrity of your system, which means there might be a potential for data loss.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Freezes up on login for particular user...

1. Windows 10 Freezes up on login for particular user... - Similar Threads - Freezes login particular

2. Whitelist application for a particular user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whitelist application for a particular user: I have three users on my windows system all three are administrators, I Would like to whitelist application for two users who are in kiosk mode they cannot run any other application, is this a possibility....
  3. Whitelist application for a particular user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whitelist application for a particular user: I have three users on my windows system all three are administrators, I Would like to whitelist application for two users who are in kiosk mode they cannot run any other application, is this a possibility....
  4. Whitelist application for a particular user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. User not showing up on login screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User not showing up on login screen: So, I was playing Black Desert Online when my house had a power outage, after the power came back on and I turned on my PC, the user I was logged into was gone off the windows login screen. I had checked on another user open the computer, and within C:\Users, the folder where...
  6. Switching between user logins freezes taskbar

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switching between user logins freezes taskbar: The case: My wife and I share the same home PC for work, that we use independently throughout the day. We would like to be able to switch between our users without having to log out and close/reopen our respective documents and apps. Kinda like how it works on a Mac when you...
  7. User not Showing up at login sccreen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User not Showing up at login sccreen: so me and my sister own a laptop. one day, her user dissapeared from the login screen. we checked the user setting both at settings and control panel, her user is active but ists not showing up . help me plz...
  8. Windows 10 starts up requesting login to default user

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 starts up requesting login to default user: I have Windows 10 Pro, x-64, on a refurbished Dell desktop - after upgrading from version 1803 to version 1809, it started trying, after powering up, to log into the default (admin) user account, which cannot really be done, so it says wrong password, and I have to click on...
  9. Windows 10 User Login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 User Login: Hello, I did a fresh install of Windows 10 for a friend and everything went absolutely fine. I setup a Local User account with password and a few days later decided to remove the password as that's what they wanted. When I started the laptop there was no User login required...
  10. Windows 10 freezes at Login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezes at Login: So i updated my PC from windows 7 to windows 10. Had an error but solved it by changing my default save dir to c drive again. After installation my computer freezes either right after i enter my password (it just says welcome with the spinny circle forever) or it hits the...