Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes up

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have Windows 10. Recently my hard drive on my desktop computer crashed. After replacing the drive and bringing over my files, the computer keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidMeadows2, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 freezes up

I have Windows 10. Recently my hard drive on my desktop computer crashed. After replacing the drive and bringing over my files, the computer keeps periodically freezing up.

I have run the registry clean program and eliminated all the bad files.

I checked the event log and have found repeat errors and warnings on several files.

PerfNet 2004

Perflib 1008

PerfProc 20.2

,NetRuntime 1026 App Santivirus also 1023

SantivirusSvc 1000

Get the following event notices:

8193, Application Error Event 1000

13 App Error VSS Volume Shadow Copy Service Error. System Shutdown is in progress.

I have already deleted Santivirus that was unnecessary for me but that didn't fix the problem.

For Perflib, I checked Microsoft support and have googled the terms. I pulled the instructions for repairing the Perflib 1008 error from this Community. The instructions give me two Methods: 1. run System File Checker. Method 2, run DISM or System Update Readiness tool.. It appears that is an either/or decision. However When I downloaded the instructions for running System File Checker, Using the Command Prompt as Administrator, I get an instruction to run the DISM tool PRIOR to running System File Checker.

The DISM instructions make me nervous and I would like to avoid trying it.

Which Repair fix should I follow? That is, do I need to run DISM prior to running System File Checker? Or can I just run SFC only?

Thanks Dave Meadows

:)

DavidMeadows2, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 freezes up

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes up

1. Windows 10 freezes up - Similar Threads - freezes

2. pc freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc freezes after startup: My pc freezes after startup. Once pc starts up and is ready to log in, it will freeze. holding the power button and turning it back on makes it work fine after. Ive tried running startup repair but I always get the prompt " C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ". Ive...
  3. pc freezes after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc freezes after startup: My pc freezes after startup. Once pc starts up and is ready to log in, it will freeze. holding the power button and turning it back on makes it work fine after. Ive tried running startup repair but I always get the prompt " C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ". Ive...
  4. pc freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc freezes after startup: My pc freezes after startup. Once pc starts up and is ready to log in, it will freeze. holding the power button and turning it back on makes it work fine after. Ive tried running startup repari but I always get the prompt " C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ". Ive...
  5. Asus Tuf gaming f15 freezing, wifi driver goes off error code 45 and windows run into...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus Tuf gaming f15 freezing, wifi driver goes off error code 45 and windows run into...: Hi, so I own an Asus TUF F-15 for over 2 years but since from the start of 2023 I'm getting a random disconnect from wifi, my laptop suddenly like in a freeze like state and usually it will end up with BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation. I've tried using an usb wireless adapter to...
  6. Asus Tuf gaming f15 freezing, wifi driver goes off error code 45 and windows run into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Tuf gaming f15 freezing, wifi driver goes off error code 45 and windows run into...: Hi, so I own an Asus TUF F-15 for over 2 years but since from the start of 2023 I'm getting a random disconnect from wifi, my laptop suddenly like in a freeze like state and usually it will end up with BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation. I've tried using an usb wireless adapter to...
  7. Asus Tuf gaming f15 freezing, wifi driver goes off error code 45 and windows run into...

8. Cannot enable memory integrity - freeze and bsod after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable memory integrity - freeze and bsod after restart: Memory integrity setting is off and I can't leave it on without Windows crashing. If I turn it on, Windows asks to restart. When I restart, Windows freezes at the loading screen with spinning circle and after some time crashes with bsod and error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION....
  9. Cannot enable memory integrity - freeze and bsod after restart

Cannot enable memory integrity - freeze and bsod after restart: Memory integrity setting is off and I can't leave it on without Windows crashing. If I turn it on, Windows asks to restart. When I restart, Windows freezes at the loading screen with spinning circle and after some time crashes with bsod and error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION....
  10. Entire PC freezing while playing/after closing out games ASUS Tuf Gaming Fa617NS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entire PC freezing while playing/after closing out games ASUS Tuf Gaming Fa617NS: Hello, I am having an issue where I will be playing games on my gaming laptop, then it suddenly freezes and everything becomes unresponsive. The only way to fix it, is to lose all progress on whatever I am working on, and force restart my laptop VIA the power button.When the...