Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes when I click sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes when I click sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I recently started having an issue where when I click the sleep button in the start menu on my desktop, my monitors turn off, but my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by UzoUfondu, Jun 23, 2019.

1. UzoUfondu Win User

Windows 10 freezes when I click sleep

Hello,

I recently started having an issue where when I click the sleep button in the start menu on my desktop, my monitors turn off, but my computer does not actually go to sleep. When I press a button on my keyboard to turn the monitors back on, nothing happens, so I have to manually restart the computer by using the power button. This has become an issue, and I don't know what to do to resolve it. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any help resolving this would be very helpful.

BTW, I'm on Windows 10 Version 1903

:)

UzoUfondu, Jun 23, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 freezes when I click sleep - Similar Threads - freezes click sleep

2. doesnt sleep when i click sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    doesnt sleep when i click sleep: when i press sleep it just turns the display off and i went into advanced power options and the sleep button is supposed to make my PC sleep submitted by /u/SparklesTheT_Rex [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows Freezing and then Beeps When I Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Freezing and then Beeps When I Click: Hi, earlier today I was just playing games specifically Minecraft, and my pc just froze. However, I could still hear sounds from the call I was in with my friend and whenever I clicked with my mouse, the pc would make a beeping sound. After a force shutdown, it seemed to have...
  4. Windows Freezing and then Beeps When I Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Freezing and then Beeps When I Click: Hi, earlier today I was just playing games specifically Minecraft, and my pc just froze. However, I could still hear sounds from the call I was in with my friend and whenever I clicked with my mouse, the pc would make a beeping sound. After a force shutdown, it seemed to have...
  5. Windows Freezing and then Beeps When I Click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Computer freezes if I click the Windows spotlight facts when waking from sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer freezes if I click the Windows spotlight facts when waking from sleep: I have a Dell E6520 running Windows 10 Pro 20H2. When I wake my computer and try to click on one of the fact tabs to find out more about the Windows spotlight, the computer freezes and I have to do a forced restart. I was able to fix it temporarily by resetting and...
  7. Windows 10 update page freezes when clicked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update page freezes when clicked: My Windows 10 update page freezes when I click on anything other than "Check for updates". When I click on "View Update History" or "Advanced Options" or pretty much anything else, the window freezes and I cannot go back or do anything else. I can only close the page and...
  8. Windows 10 settings freezes when I click Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 settings freezes when I click Display: I have been having issue with the windows 10 display option under settings. I tried using all the solutions on the Microsoft forums to no avail. I also reset the PC to its factory settings, and that also didn't work however, I boot using safe mode it doesn't freeze. Need help...
  9. Windows shuts down when I click Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows shuts down when I click Sleep: When I click Sleep in the shutdown menu or press the sleep button on my keyboard it shitsdown. Version: 2004 Build: 19041.264 submitted by /u/Jan_Kal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gs8brn/windows_shuts_down_when_i_click_sleep/
  10. Windows 10 freezes when PC goes to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes when PC goes to sleep: I am using windows 10 in HP notebook. My PC freezes every time when it goes to sleep and I need to restart it every time. The screen also not black but it has red and some different colors in it. And there is a small square appeared which in turn shows the mouse cursor. I...