Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes when I try to install a driver

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes when I try to install a driver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I recently built a new PC, but I am having some issues when trying to install certain drivers that I downloaded directly from the motherboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by giovai, Nov 13, 2018.

1. giovai Win User

Windows 10 freezes when I try to install a driver

Hi
    I recently built a new PC, but I am having some issues when trying to install certain drivers that I downloaded directly from the motherboard manufacturer. When it freezes, nothing else happens and I have to force shutdown the PC. I don't know if this started to happen after I updated the Bios or not.
    When the installation wizard starts, it either freezes on the start or during the installation. And it not only happens with the motherboard drivers, but with other programs that presumably install drivers too (for example iCue from Corsair).
    When I open the Device manager, I can see that the ethernet controller has an exclamation sign as it wasn't installed, but that is one of the drivers that I can't install. Either way, I can connect to the internet through an ethernet cable.
    I have tried many things from other posts such as doing hard drive tests, my temperatures are not high, I have reset the CMOS, I am currently doing a Memtest86+ with 1 pass and 0 errors by the time I am writing this, I have made a Windows 10 clean install again, from a new-made install media, run SFC and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth without issue, reallocated memory in the system.

Even though it usually freezes, I have received one time a BSOD for SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (without any other code), and once it froze while I was playing a game.

I checked my hard drives (an SSD and an HDD) and they had no problems (showed healthy in the tests). I installed Windows in each (with the other one disconnected), but the problem persists. Also, I downloaded another ISO and installed it in a USB with Rufus, still no changes.
    I just finished running Memtest86 and it showed no errors.
    I set up RAM speed set to 2666MHz and 1.35V but the problem still persists.
    Tested with one RAM at a time, but nothing changed.
    I tried to install the drivers using the device manager and I could install/update them (now I don't see the Ethernet device with an exclamation sign), but the system still freezes when I try to install something with drivers (for example iCue from Corsair).
    I just noticed that when the PC goes to suspension, it freezes after waking it up (even if I modify the quick startup from the energy settings)

I am really desperate that I can't solve this issue, I don't know if it is a hardware or software problem...
    Please help.

My hardware setting:
    Asrock Z390 Taichi
    Intel i9-9900k
    G.Skill TridentZ 2x8Gb 3200
    Corsair RM750x

:)

giovai, Nov 13, 2018

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Nov 13, 2018
  4. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 freezes when I try to install a driver - Similar Threads - freezes try install

2. Windows 10 download freezing when trying to select drive to install on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 download freezing when trying to select drive to install on: I’m trying to install a fresh copy of windows 10 after computer kept rebooting I got the where you select the drive to download it on and when I click next it goes into a infinite load and doesn’t do anything can anyone help...
  3. Windows 10 download freezing when trying to select drive to install on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 download freezing when trying to select drive to install on: I’m trying to install a fresh copy of windows 10 after computer kept rebooting I got the where you select the drive to download it on and when I click next it goes into a infinite load and doesn’t do anything can anyone help...
  4. Windows 10 download freezing when trying to select drive to install on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. [Help] When I install the driver, windows 10 freezes and I can't use it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] When I install the driver, windows 10 freezes and I can't use it.: I updated my computer's graphics driver the other day and since then I've been experiencing symptoms of my computer always freezing and not being able to use it. The specific symptom is that 3 or 4 seconds after I start windows and the login screen appears, the screen...
  6. pc freeze when i try to install a program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc freeze when i try to install a program: My pc freeze when i try to install icmarketssc5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freeze-when-i-try-to-install-a-program/232b8302-d97b-4b49-8aab-c8bb80cd895e
  7. pc freezes when i try to reset the network driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc freezes when i try to reset the network driver: my wifi connection frequently breaks. While internet, my laptop does not receive internet and says no internet. I tried various ways to resolve it by troubleshooting network, resetting network, adapter reinstall, restart, etc. but all gave me a failure. also, one thing was...
  8. PC freezes when trying to install Windows 10

PC freezes when trying to install Windows 10: I put Windows Media Creation tool on my USB and made my PC boot up using that. It froze on the Windows loading animation on my BIOS splash screen. I'm trying to re-install Windows after I discovered that my SSD may of stopped working, so I took it out and my hard drive (which...
  9. Windows 10 freezes when new Nvidia driver installed

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 freezes when new Nvidia driver installed: Hi all experts, maybe this topic is already somewhere answered but I didn't find any solution after 2 days of searching web. So when I installed windows 10 on my Gigabyte laptop P2542G it stops working after nvidia drivers are updated. It always ask me for a restart and...
  10. Windows 10 install freezes on driver install

Windows 10 install freezes on driver install: I have searched all over google trying to resolve this issue and cant seem to find an answer. I have tried twice to install windows 10 using the auto update. Both times it gets to the screen where it loads files, drivers, etc. It downloads the files fine and when it gets to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 fereezing with installing drivers

2. installing icue setup makes pc freeze

3. taichi freezes while installing thunderbolt software

4. icue install hang,
  5. pc crashes when i try to install new drivers,
  6. windows try to install a driver and hang,
  7. icue freezes on driver install,
  8. pc freezes when trying to install drivers,
  9. when i try to install heavy program my laptop crashes,
  10. z390 taichi driver install freeze hang