Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezes when internet connection is lost or slow.

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezes when internet connection is lost or slow. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been dealing with this issue for a while now, and as you can imagine Microsoft support forums only provide stupid answers or extremely rudimentary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Geeknificent, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Freezes when internet connection is lost or slow.

I've been dealing with this issue for a while now, and as you can imagine Microsoft support forums only provide stupid answers or extremely rudimentary steps by people/moderators that don't know how a computer works.

The issue im having is that my OS freezes with the exception of my mouse and software that already have their data loaded when my internet connection gets slow or drops out (thanks comcast). during this time I cant open new programs, I cant close existing programs, and I cant access shutdown/restart or control panel.

When this happens the only way to make my computer responsive again is to either unplug the ethernet cable or reboot the modem, if i restart without doing either the computer gets frozen at the login screen.

Now there is no reason that the operating system should become unresponsive when the internet goes out but it is.
    So does anyone know a fix so that when the internet stops working properly my computer wont freeze because of it?
    There has to be some kind of setting that can be adjusted so that the OS isnt frozen by poor internet connectivity.

:)

Geeknificent, Dec 3, 2017

2. Windows 10 and Internet speed problems

Hi, after update Windows 10 always freezing with internet connection, before update to latest version of Windows 10 speed of internet was on pc 100mbps, now about 50mbps. Always freezing internet page, need restart it, reconnect again. Recovery need. Stoping.
    Windowns 10 working slow, need a lot of time to load it. Do something. ANd why impossible to write to LIVE agent????? Transfer this problem to technical support center, I don't have time to sit here and wait until you to wite me... PC slow, internet slow and
    ect.... On android smartphone internet speed is good. Problem is with your windows 10

Tvrkykitewindows, Dec 3, 2017
  3. hello2u Win User
    Can't download Windows 10 due to slow Internet connection

I got the 'get windows10 app' but when I try to download the windows, due to the slow Internet connection,it gets to 20%, 30%.... when Internet gets lost, when I try to resume, I lose the downloaded portion, that's so frustrating.

I'd like to get advantage of this free upgrade, I need to know is there another way to download Windows 10 on stages.

hello2u, Dec 3, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Windows 10 Freezes when internet connection is lost or slow.

It is normal for the system to cause a halt if it loses a connection. If the connection is the cause, it helps to know if this is on a public wifi connection or your own personal private connection.

bro67, Dec 3, 2017
  5. no its is NOT normal for the system to halt on a connection loss, loss of internet should have NO impact on whether the operating system functions or not. I am using my own personal connection.

Geeknificent, Dec 4, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Actually it is if the OS is expecting something when it has to connect to a external drive or cloud storage. It all depends on how you set up for the OS to either Map or create a network connection to what you are calling a drive.

bro67, Dec 4, 2017
  7. i dont use cloud storage and im not connecting to an external drive...

Geeknificent, Dec 4, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

If that is the case, then where is this other drive coming from? Comcast is not doing anything to your computer to cause those problems, your machine is the problem and needs some maintenance done to clean out all of the trash and file fragments.

bro67, Dec 5, 2017
  9. You literally understood nothing about my situation, I didn't say anything about another drive, you did.
    either that or, you don't know how a computer works.

Geeknificent, Dec 5, 2017
  10. can someone who please understands how a computer works help me with this issue? I know there are other users that are glancing over this.

Geeknificent, Dec 5, 2017
  11. bro67 Win User
    Actually I do and none of it makes any sense, because it has zero effect on one item some how creating a conspiracy against another. Yes Windows does freeze up during the boot process if it has to finish installing any updates or has to run a process that is in the tasks that it is asked to run. No, Comcast, AT&T, Joe's Bar and Grill Public wifi has zero effect on how your system runs or responds to any commands or tasks that it is asked to do.

bro67, Dec 5, 2017
  12. bro67 Win User
    Hmm, that would be about a thousand of us on here with more years being around computers, since the first one was ever created by man.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Freezes when internet connection is lost or slow. - Similar Threads - Freezes internet connection

2. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot (Lost internet connection when Iphone is connected)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot (Lost internet connection when Iphone is connected): At work, I used to share my laptop ethernet connection to my iphone through mobile hotspot. It used to work fine until today. When my iphone is connected to the laptop, my laptop internet connection was lost (no connection to outlook server, chrome browser etc..). However,...
  3. Internet driver fails when internet connection is lost.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internet driver fails when internet connection is lost.: I live in an area where our internet suddenly disconnects when multiple devices are using it simultaneously. As of mid-january Ive had problems with my “Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe” network adapter not connecting to the internet. When I go to device manager, I find the...
  4. Windows 10 pro Freezing when connected to internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 pro Freezing when connected to internet: I did install several times Windows 10 pro from usb, DVD on my laptop. Lenovo T400, 6 GB of RAM, CPU -- Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz . Everything works okay. Few times I did activated Windows 10 pro, when I was connected to internet, everything okay and then if I was...
  5. Laptop freezes when connected to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop freezes when connected to the internet: My laptop freezes when connect to the internet via Wifi even though the connection is still. This happens only when opening a site; there autamatically several tabs are opened andthen suddenly laptop is freezed. No problem with updating apps, virus scans etc.and email....
  6. Slow Internet Connection in Windows 10

Slow Internet Connection in Windows 10: Hallo, I recently upgraded my Windows OS from 8.1 to Windows 10. The model of my computer is Acer Aspire E1. But my internet connection became very slow after that. I had to reinstall the driver of my wireless adapter but itsn't fix the problem. I tried to disabled windows...
  7. Lost internet connectivity

Lost internet connectivity: Sudenly my Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 version 1803 lost internet connectivity. I got a strong WiFi signal but no Internet . Wi-Fi and internet are working properly with another devices. Running the troubleshooter I got a message: " security or firewall settings might be...
  8. Slow Internet connection with Windows 10

Slow Internet connection with Windows 10: I have a new HP Notebook with Windows 10 Home 64 bit , but I have very slow wi-fi Internet connection wherever I go. I have a 1 TB hard disk and 8 GB system memory. Any way to speed things up? Thanks in advance....
  9. Lost Internet connection when upgrading to Windows 10

Lost Internet connection when upgrading to Windows 10: When upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I lost Internet connection. On the installation DVD for the motherboard asus z170 pro gaming it says "Windows 10 Ready", so the network drivers should work I think. Just to be sure, I did download the latest drivers from here:...
  10. Windows 10 Freezing Problems, Internet Connections, Slow Login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Freezing Problems, Internet Connections, Slow Login: I've had nothing but problems ever since I upgraded to windows 10. I was forced to revert back to Windows 7 after a 1 hour (not exactly, I stopped paying attention to it while it was going) of it updating. The moment I got started I got hit with a major inconvenience. I had...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 freezing with slow internet connection