Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 FREEZES WHEN MOVING LARGE NUMBERS OF FILES TO EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE OR MOVING...

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 FREEZES WHEN MOVING LARGE NUMBERS OF FILES TO EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE OR MOVING... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; WINDOWS IS HORRIABLE it is taking me weeks to move files around in an external hard drive some times they move quite amazingly fast then at others... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PHILLYJOE, Apr 25, 2019.

1. PHILLYJOE Win User

WINDOWS 10 FREEZES WHEN MOVING LARGE NUMBERS OF FILES TO EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE OR MOVING...

WINDOWS IS HORRIABLE

it is taking me weeks to move files around in an external hard drive some times they move quite amazingly fast then at others they freeze up. I tried using tera copy but still they will not work as hoped/

:)

PHILLYJOE, Apr 25, 2019
  2. JanaDyck Win User

move files from my C drive to an external hard drive.

what steps do I take to move files from my C drive to an external hard drive. My C drive is almost full.

JanaDyck, Apr 25, 2019
  3. DaveK Win User
    Defrag: Move Large Files To End Of Drive?

Hey guys, I saw Defraggler has the option to move large files to the end of the drive, I picked movies (MKV/MP4 etc.)

Is it good to move these large files to the end of the drive? I'm assuming it's for less used files so it doesn't read them as fast or something?

Should I do this or just put it back to normal?

DaveK, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

WINDOWS 10 FREEZES WHEN MOVING LARGE NUMBERS OF FILES TO EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE OR MOVING...

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

1. WINDOWS 10 FREEZES WHEN MOVING LARGE NUMBERS OF FILES TO EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE OR MOVING... - Similar Threads - FREEZES MOVING LARGE

2. Happens constantly when opening file explorer to move files to external hard drive....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Happens constantly when opening file explorer to move files to external hard drive....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/odusoa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/15xfugd/happens_constantly_when_opening_file_explorer_to/
  3. Move data to external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move data to external hard drive.: Hi. My computer drive is really unorganized. I installed a lot of bloat, put things in seemingly random files, and other stuff. I decided that I wanted to use a new hard drive. I have an external 1tb hard drive that I could move all of my drive's contents into. There is one...
  4. Move data to external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move data to external hard drive.: Hi. My computer drive is really unorganized. I installed a lot of bloat, put things in seemingly random files, and other stuff. I decided that I wanted to use a new hard drive. I have an external 1tb hard drive that I could move all of my drive's contents into. There is one...
  5. Move data to external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Move file from hard disk to external

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move file from hard disk to external: If I move a file from my laptop to an external drive will I be able to recover the file later on my laptop, same as for example a deleted file with a program like Recuva....
  7. Move file from hard disk to external

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move file from hard disk to external: If I move a file from my laptop to an external drive will I be able to recover the file later on my laptop, same as for example a deleted file with a program like Recuva....
  8. Hard drive move

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard drive move: Haven't seen this question yet. I have an Intel NUC-7. A lightning strike killed this computer and every electronic device in my office. I desire to replace the NUC-7 with a NUC-10 barebones. The 500GB SSD, spinning 2TB HD and the 32GB RAM may have survived. I can move these...
  9. Moving photos onto external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving photos onto external hard drive: Hello! I need help. I have a phone full of photos. I want to get them onto an external hard drive and I’m having a tough time. Any help would be appreciated. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7. The laptop is a Lenovo so Desktop/IBM. The external HD is a KESU with FAT-32. I...
  10. Move files to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move files to an external hard drive: i want to move pictured from my computers hard drive to an external hard drive via a usb port. When I right click and copy and go to past... I cant find the usc hard drive option to past to? thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows large move job freezes