Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes when PC goes to sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes when PC goes to sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 in HP notebook. My PC freezes every time when it goes to sleep and I need to restart it every time. The screen also not black but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ManikantaGogula, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 freezes when PC goes to sleep

I am using windows 10 in HP notebook. My PC freezes every time when it goes to sleep and I need to restart it every time. The screen also not black but it has red and some different colors in it. And there is a small square appeared which in turn shows the mouse cursor. I have attached the photo too. Please help me. Windows 10 freezes when PC goes to sleep c6004340-0417-48d3-92af-8d86d2d794cd?upload=true.jpg

:)

ManikantaGogula, Nov 6, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

PC goes to sleep automatically.

Hi Hamza,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep automatically. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to run the Power troubleshooter. Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel by right click on
      Start
      Button.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to follow the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that were provided by Aleksandr 10 and JanElliott_1969.

We're looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Nov 6, 2018
  3. PC goes to sleep automatically.

Hello

I have Dell core i5(7th generation). I am using windows 10. My system goes to sleep automatically sometimes. I have increased sleep set time but still I doesn't work. I usually happens while playing video game on my laptop. The game keep on running but system
    goes to sleep and I continues when I log in again.

Please suggest any solution for this problem.

Thank You.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings / PC

HamzaMinhas1, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 freezes when PC goes to sleep

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes when PC goes to sleep

1. Windows 10 freezes when PC goes to sleep - Similar Threads - freezes goes sleep

2. Apps are closing when PC goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps are closing when PC goes into sleep mode: Whenever I put my laptop into sleep and then start it again, all my windows and apps close down. I checked all options from power and sleep settings, advanced power settings, etc. but I could not find anything. My PC is ASUS TUF A16. I checked troubleshooting as well, it did...
  3. Apps are closing when PC goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps are closing when PC goes into sleep mode: Whenever I put my laptop into sleep and then start it again, all my windows and apps close down. I checked all options from power and sleep settings, advanced power settings, etc. but I could not find anything. My PC is ASUS TUF A16. I checked troubleshooting as well, it did...
  4. Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I lock my PC my pressing Windows key+L PC locks and goes to login screen but my monitor goes to sleep less than 1 minuter. Is there any option to extend time for sleep? Help!...
  5. Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I lock my PC my pressing Windows key+L PC locks and goes to login screen but my monitor goes to sleep less than 1 minuter. Is there any option to extend time for sleep? Help!...
  6. Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC Goes To Sleep Automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Goes To Sleep Automatically: Hi, I need a little help with my pc. Recently I have been having a problem with my laptop going into sleep mode randomly even if I'm using it at the moment it happens. Sometimes it happens, once I turn it on, it doesn't happen anymore for a few minutes. But sometimes it goes...
  8. PC reboots when ever it goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC reboots when ever it goes to sleep.: Ever since an update in February 2021, whenever my laptop goes into sleep mode and you try to wake it up it reboots. In the event log, I get these errors The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 0x0000000000000000, 0xffff9a0f010e9028,...
  9. Windows 10 goes to sleep when it definitely should NOT

Windows 10 goes to sleep when it definitely should NOT: I've been experiencing this on several all? of my systems at home for quite a while now, and I'm biting the bullet to ask around about thismajor annoyance. TL;DR The PC goes to sleep while some activity is running, and this causes failures in that activity. The typically...
  10. windows 10 goes to sleep

windows 10 goes to sleep: Have all the settings for power and screen saver to NEVER. Just started recently to go to sleep every 10 minutes. Did this happen with the recent updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-goes-to-sleep/8a798d07-4d70-42e8-bb9d-b4c4734aa182

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer freezes when going to sleep

2. google freeze when computer go to sleep

3. computer goes black and freezes when going to sleep