Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezes while using Network Drives

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezes while using Network Drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, We are facing issues with Windows 10 1709 build that the Explorer crashes while trying to use Network drives. We have made the changes in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sumeet Bhardwaj, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Freezes while using Network Drives

Hi All,

We are facing issues with Windows 10 1709 build that the Explorer crashes while trying to use Network drives.

We have made the changes in the Quick Access settings and have tried all the steps that we were able to find in the Microsoft and Technet articles but the issue is still the same.

This is hampering the work.

Please assist.

There are no issues using the same drives with windows 7 machines.

Moreover, we are not even able close the programs and everytime we have to force shutdown the machine.

Thanks,

Sumeet

:)

Sumeet Bhardwaj, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Freezes while using Network Drives

little cat, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Freezes while using Network Drives

1. Windows 10 Freezes while using Network Drives - Similar Threads - Freezes while using

2. Windows 11 and 10 Desktop randomly freezing while using and while idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and 10 Desktop randomly freezing while using and while idle: Good evening. My PC has been randomly freezing multiple times today. Either the screen will be on and the mouse will just stop moving or when the system is idle and I go to move the mouse to awaken it it does nothing. I was working with Windows 11 Home, which I upgraded from...
  3. Windows 11 and 10 Desktop randomly freezing while using and while idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and 10 Desktop randomly freezing while using and while idle: Good evening. My PC has been randomly freezing multiple times today. Either the screen will be on and the mouse will just stop moving or when the system is idle and I go to move the mouse to awaken it it does nothing. I was working with Windows 11 Home, which I upgraded from...
  4. File Explorer crashes or freezes while accessing Mapped Network Drives

in Windows 10 News
    File Explorer crashes or freezes while accessing Mapped Network Drives: [ATTACH]If File Explorer crashes or freezes while accessing Mapped Network Drives on your Windows 11/10 system, this post may help you fix it. This issue prevents users from accessing the data inside the mapped network drives because every time users try to access them, File...
  5. Windows freezing while using gamebar capture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezing while using gamebar capture: Hello, I have had this issue for a week or 2. I have tried searching for a solution and fix it but none of them worked. I have online classes which i record using the xbox gamebar capture, while doing so after awhile my screen freezes up. I can't open task manager, shut...
  6. Freezes while using Google Chrome-Windows 10 Issue

Freezes while using Google Chrome-Windows 10 Issue: I'm a nutrition coach, so my job requires me to spend a lot of time at Google Chrome you know, mailing with clients, creating diet plans in Google Sheets, etc. About a few days ago I found 2-3 second browser freezes every 30-40 minutes. I have following system specs...
  7. Computer Freezing while using Photoshop

Computer Freezing while using Photoshop: Something weird is happening with my PC while on photoshop everytime i use this particular tool, the magnetic lasso tool, the whole PC just freezes -No HDD Acitivty LED Off -No Dump File Produced i have to force shutdown to get out of freezing -Task manager shows no bad...
  8. Windows 10 freezes while Restarting then...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 freezes while Restarting then...: Working with my laptop (HP Pavilion G62; Intel i5; 4GB DDR3), I want to restart. It freezes on blue screen when loading logo is spinning. After that it won't load to desktop (again, freezes on black screen when loading logo is spinning. What is problem? Is it related to...
  9. Computer freezes with Grey screen while using - Windows 10

Computer freezes with Grey screen while using - Windows 10: For no reason and in any screen; browser, Office Products, email, etc. my computer will suddenly lock-up, have a gray (ghost) screen with a cross that looks like it is composed of 2 jelly beans. I cannot get out of this screen even when I Ctl+Alt-delete to try and get to...
  10. Windows using network while gaming online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows using network while gaming online: It happens from time to time but it's really annoying. I don't wanna mess with system settings but god I have to disable something or rollback to Windows 8.1 . My system is brand new and I left it alone the first 2 days so it could update and don't bother me but still it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network drive freezes

2. windows 10 freezes network drive