Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezes while watching online videos

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezes while watching online videos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All,I had recently got a PC built and every time i watch online videos, windows freezes and does not allow me to do anything. I am not even able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DhrubaBaishya, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Freezes while watching online videos

Hi All,I had recently got a PC built and every time i watch online videos, windows freezes and does not allow me to do anything. I am not even able to shutdown, restart or even sign out.I have done the following and yet nothing seems to fix the issue:1. Updated all drivers2. troubleshooting2. Made some changes to power settingsCan someone please help me fix this issue?

:)

DhrubaBaishya, Jul 13, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Can't watch videos on Win 10

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• Which web browser are you using to watch online videos?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    If you are using Internet Explorer to watch online videos, I suggest you to
    follow the steps mentioned in the following link and check:Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Note: The above mentioned article contains steps to reset IE. Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings in IE are lost and cannot
    be recovered.

Please reply us with the required information along with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jul 13, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows freezes when watching online videos

Hi Benny,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Do you face this issue while playing downloaded videos?
    I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. If the issue still persists follow next Methods.

Method 1: Run the Video playback troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
          Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run Video playback.

• Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.
    Method 2: Uninstall Adobe flash player and reinstall latest version.

Refer the link below to uninstall Adobe flash player.

Uninstall Flash Player for Windows

Update the latest version Adobe flash player from this link.

Adobe Flash Player End of Life

Do let us know the performance of your computer. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 13, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Freezes while watching online videos

windows 10 crashing when watching videos online

Hi Sean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that Windows 10 crashing while watching videos online.
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will be happy to assist you.

To assist you further with this issue, please let us know the following details.

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?
    • Do you face the same issue when using Microsoft Edge ?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.

• Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

• In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
        Update.
    Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Freezes while watching online videos

1. Windows 10 Freezes while watching online videos - Similar Threads - Freezes while watching

2. Wifi constantly disconnects while watching online videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi constantly disconnects while watching online videos: my wifi seems to automatically disconnect mainly when watching online videos and then also randomly when I'm not even on my laptop or just searching for info. I turn the internet on by right clicking the wifi logo, clicking 'troubleshoot problems' and diagnosing all problems...
  3. PC freezes while watching videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes while watching videos: Hi. I have been having this issue for a few weeks. Whenever I watch a video, my pc will randomly freeze up after sometime sometimes immediately but usually every 10-20 minutes. It happens with any video platform I tried: youtube & netflix in both Chrome and Edge, and also VLC...
  4. PC freezes while watching videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes while watching videos: Hi. I have been having this issue for a few weeks. Whenever I watch a video, my pc will randomly freeze up after sometime sometimes immediately but usually every 10-20 minutes. It happens with any video platform I tried: youtube & netflix in both Chrome and Edge, and also VLC...
  5. PC freezes while watching videos

6. Desktop Freezes After Watching Videos Online

Desktop Freezes After Watching Videos Online: Hello, I've been having this problem where after a while of watching videos online Hulu, youtube, Netflix, etc my desktop starts to slow down then freezes. It doesn't allow me to close down the tab google chrome or open new tabs. There are times where I am able to close...
  7. windows 10 strucks or freezes while watching online videos.

windows 10 strucks or freezes while watching online videos.: i have a dell laptop model: dell g7 7588 . i bought it two months ago. it has intel i9-8 th gen with 128 gb ssd and 1tb hdd with nvidia GeForce gtx 1060 maxq with 6 gb ram. it is making me sick i bought it with 1,70,000 . please help me with it. windows 10 freezes...
  8. watching videos online

watching videos online: Trying to watch videos online and the view is huge. Cannot watch in normal view https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/watching-videos-online/4a64d85e-495d-4379-a778-f2791b689de2
  9. BSOD while watching online videos

BSOD while watching online videos: Many times when I watch online videos( youtube/netflix/others) my laptop freezes and after 10 seconds brings bsod with the error dpc_watchdog_violation. Any help ? 91321
  10. Computer freezing while watching video?

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing while watching video?: Not sure what's going on or if I should be worried about this but when I got up today and checked my PC (I had left it on while watching videos on VLC Media Player) I couldn't move my mouse or anything so I realized that it froze. I restarted it and about 10 minutes later...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. video freezing windows 10