Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes with new SSD. Help/Advice?

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes with new SSD. Help/Advice? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/DevdattNair7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvgbln/windows_10_freezes_with_new_ssd_helpadvice/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DevdattNair7, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 freezes with new SSD. Help/Advice?

/u/DevdattNair7, Jun 2, 2020
  2. davnav Win User

new pc 1tb hdd to ssd clone advice needed

Ive just bought a brand new lenovo pc which has windows 10 home 64bit and has a 1tb hard drive fitted, im looking for advice on the following.

Ive fitted the ssd into the pc but its not shown up so need step by step guide on how to make it active ?

Next I need help on how to clone the 1tb hdd to the
    Ssd drive, step by step and best software to use and have the ssd as the main drive then use the the 1hdd for storage.I just dont want to break my new system
    Thanks for your time.

davnav, Jun 2, 2020
  3. SSD stops and freezes laptop

Couple of updates:

1. I created a Linux boot USB key, and monitored my SSD under Linux, so this is evidently not a Windows issue, and
    2. I loaded new firmware for the SSD, and my system seems to be functioning normally now. What a pleasure using a PC that doesn't consistently freeze up.

Thanks to all y'all for your suggestions!

Regards,

Dave

DavidMiller36415, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 freezes with new SSD. Help/Advice?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes with new SSD. Help/Advice?

1. Windows 10 freezes with new SSD. Help/Advice? - Similar Threads - freezes SSD Help

2. Help with new ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with new ssd: I got a new ssd for my hp omen laptop and I put the recovery USB drive in the computer, it gets to 6% with the recovery then blue screens and auto reboots saying the reason is ntfs.sys...
  3. Help with new ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with new ssd: I got a new ssd for my hp omen laptop and I put the recovery USB drive in the computer, it gets to 6% with the recovery then blue screens and auto reboots saying the reason is ntfs.sys...
  4. External Enclosure Advice for File Transfer to new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Enclosure Advice for File Transfer to new SSD: Hi,Please could someone help me regarding external enclosures - I have sent my laptop Lenovo gaming laptop/Ideapad away to be upgraded with a better SSD for larger memory/storage, as I've run out of storage. I thought I had backed everything up from my files, however after...
  5. External Enclosure Advice for File Transfer to new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Enclosure Advice for File Transfer to new SSD: Hi,Please could someone help me regarding external enclosures - I have sent my laptop Lenovo gaming laptop/Ideapad away to be upgraded with a better SSD for larger memory/storage, as I've run out of storage. I thought I had backed everything up from my files, however after...
  6. HELP - Windows 10 not detecting new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HELP - Windows 10 not detecting new SSD: [LAPTOP] I currently have a HDD and I plan on making the upgrade to SSD. However, when using the SATA cable, Windows 10 is not detecting the new drive. How can I format the drive so that my laptop can detect the drive? Also, when opening disk management, the drive is not...
  7. New SSD win10 install, advice please?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New SSD win10 install, advice please?: OK, so Windows updates are just slowing my machine down and I'm thinking of getting an SSD and swapping it over. Problem is my laptop only has one drive slot so I can't clone it the way I've been told and I have not been able to find my product key as It wasn't stuck to the...
  8. New to 10 advice?

New to 10 advice?: hi guys , well i finally got windows 10 after buying a computer from an individual. it does seem not to be a legit copy i cant seem to activate it.the computer itself is pretty powerful but im having problems running some flash type games on webpages. very chopy slow and...
  9. Need some advice on a New SSD Installation...

Need some advice on a New SSD Installation...: I just installed a new SSD (Samsung 970 EVO+ NVMe M.2 1TB). The install went well, but I left some files behind on the old drive (An OCZ Trion 120gb SSD). Anyway, I though there would be a problem if I plugged the old drive back in and booted up into windows without hitting...
  10. Help with new SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with new SSD: I currently had 256GB SSD in my PC and that was getting full so I bought a Samsung 1TB SSD to put in my PC to use as the primary hard drive. I don't want to lose all my data so I chose to use the Samsung software to migrate all of the data from the 256GB onto the new 1TB. I...