Windows 10: Windows 10 - Freezes

Discus and support Windows 10 - Freezes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, This is my first post in the forum! My problem is that sometimes (around once or twice a day), I get my laptop stucked suddenly. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sarah00, Nov 30, 2015.

1. sarah00 Win User

Windows 10 - Freezes

Hi guys,

This is my first post in the forum!

My problem is that sometimes (around once or twice a day), I get my laptop stucked suddenly. The cursor does not move. The keyboard also does not work (even by trying to turn CAPS lock on and off, I don't see the light on keyboard changing]. So I have to do forced restart.

Before having windows 10, I was using Windows 7 and it was fine. Important note is that I had same problem with Windows 8 so that I returned back to 7.

Any Help?

If any additional info is needed, please ask

:)

sarah00, Nov 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Nov 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Nov 30, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Windows 10 - Freezes

Welcome to the forum!! I am sure you will find plenty of help and the tutorials are great for finding out how to make changes within Windows 10.

If your laptop is freezing then this is usually to do with memory or driver issues or simply that it is overheating. You commented that the same thing happened with Windows 8. I would therefore suspect a driver needs updating and you can check on your laptop manufacturers website for updated drivers for your sound, graphics, LAN, chipset or anything else that they provide for your model. There may also be a BIOS update required for it to work with Windows 10.

Let us know how you get on.

philc43, Nov 30, 2015
  5. sarah00 Win User
    sarah00, Nov 30, 2015
  6. philc43 Win User
    It looks as if Sony does not support Windows 10 on your model so none of the drivers is actually suitable.

Have you tried googling your model number and "Windows 10" to see if anyone else has been successful at an upgrade?

philc43, Nov 30, 2015
  7. sarah00 Win User
    Didn't find.
    But I do have the same problem with Win 8 and drivers support Win 8

sarah00, Nov 30, 2015
  8. philc43 Win User

Windows 10 - Freezes

As there are no drivers to upgrade my next approach would be to suggest a clean install of W10. Make sure you have a backup of all your data and make a system image so that you can restore back to where you are if things go wrong. Of course, you will also need copies of all the programs you want to reinstall as well.

Instructions for a clean install can be found here.

philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Freezes

1. Windows 10 - Freezes - Similar Threads - Freezes

2. Apps keep freezing because I disabled some services in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps keep freezing because I disabled some services in windows 11: I disabled some services in the services app on windows 11, and now certain apps will freeze and crash when I try to perform certain tasks. Settings will freeze and then crash when I try to uninstall an app, explorer will freeze and then restart when I try to access certain...
  3. Apps keep freezing because I disabled some services in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps keep freezing because I disabled some services in windows 11: I disabled some services in the services app on windows 11, and now certain apps will freeze and crash when I try to perform certain tasks. Settings will freeze and then crash when I try to uninstall an app, explorer will freeze and then restart when I try to access certain...
  4. Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.: This has been going on for a little while and I still don't understand what the solution is. No matter, what I do, even cleaning the dust out of PC, it will still randomly restart for no apparent reason. However, there are a few errors that I found in both "Application" and...
  5. Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.

Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.: This has been going on for a little while and I still don't understand what the solution is. No matter, what I do, even cleaning the dust out of PC, it will still randomly restart for no apparent reason. However, there are a few errors that I found in both "Application" and...
  6. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop freezes when updating windows 10: My laptop freezes when updating windows 10 and I force it to turn off by pressing the power button until it dies and when it starts up again it can't play valorant with error code VAL 5 and the laptop can't be shutdown, when I want to shutdown it will turn on again and so on....
  7. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop freezes when updating windows 10: My laptop freezes when updating windows 10 and I force it to turn off by pressing the power button until it dies and when it starts up again it can't play valorant with error code VAL 5 and the laptop can't be shutdown, when I want to shutdown it will turn on again and so on....
  8. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

9. .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing: Hi, I bought myself a Lenovo Legion a couple months ago and one of the few games I've wanted to play, like Fallout 3, requires the .NET Framework 3.5 Download. Every time I try to download it it would be stuck on "searching for required files" for over an hour or barely make...
  10. .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

.NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing: Hi, I bought myself a Lenovo Legion a couple months ago and one of the few games I've wanted to play, like Fallout 3, requires the .NET Framework 3.5 Download. Every time I try to download it it would be stuck on "searching for required files" for over an hour or barely make...