Windows 10: Windows 10 freezing after fresh install

Discus and support Windows 10 freezing after fresh install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I built a PC recently, and it is currently running well on a mechanical hard-drive. Last night I attempted to install a fresh copy of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ransworld, Dec 27, 2018.

1. ransworld Win User

Windows 10 freezing after fresh install

Hello,

I built a PC recently, and it is currently running well on a mechanical hard-drive. Last night I attempted to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 on an SSD, but the PC is now freezing regularly.

Sometimes the PC restarts itself after the cursor becomes unresponsive. Once I was presented with a blue-screen that said something about "clock_watchdog_timeout".

If these were all new parts I would have assumed there was a hardware problem; but the PC runs perfectly on the hard-drive, albeit very slowly.

I've tried removing all unessential USB hardware, connected my old mouse and keyboard, updated the UEFI firmware, updated the AM4 chipset, graphics, LAN and audio drivers. I even tried a fresh install on another hard-drive and the PC still locks up. Windows update is having trouble completing because the PC keeps locking up.

Any suggestions?

:)

ransworld, Dec 27, 2018
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 27, 2018
  3. wt_lesny Win User
    Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Windows 10 freezing after fresh install

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 freezing after fresh install

1. Windows 10 freezing after fresh install - Similar Threads - freezing fresh install

2. Window 10 Freezes on Fresh installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 Freezes on Fresh installed: Hello, My desktop has been constantly freezing and sometimes giving me BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR within minutes of window startup. It seems to operate normally in safe mode. What troubleshooting steps can I perform to fix this issue? Desktop Spec. CPU: G4560...
  3. Windows 10 Fresh Install Freezing at Various Points of Setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fresh Install Freezing at Various Points of Setup: I ran into some troubles on my PC not too long ago, so I decided to do a complete reinstallation of Windows to get it back in a working state. Using the Creation Tool, I installed Windows into a clean SSD (the same SSD that I reinstalled windows some time before) and...
  4. Windows 10 Fresh Install Freezing at Different points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fresh Install Freezing at Different points: I posted a BSOD thread yesterday where essentially after installing some MS and drivers and a Windows update, my computer literally became unusable. Eventually, I decided to just revert back to the default state so that at least the computer will be useable for work that I...
  5. BOSD after fresh install of windows 10

BOSD after fresh install of windows 10: Been receiving multiple death screens, and would appreciate some help figuring it out. 090519-4109-01.dmp 9/5/2019 9:10:33 PM UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 0x0000007f 00000000`00000008 ffffce80`9b50b090 dfffce80`9b4f2fe0 fffff803`2adc1cbd ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+1bfcc0 NT...
  6. Windows 10 freezing upon install, fresh build with no OS

Windows 10 freezing upon install, fresh build with no OS: I just built a new computer. I've accessed the BIOS, but, other than that the computer has no Operating System. I purchased a license for windows 10 and created windows installation media on a USB drive (16gb). When I plug it in to my new build, the blue windows logo will pop...
  7. BSODs after fresh Windows 10 install

BSODs after fresh Windows 10 install: Hi, I just formatted my SSD a couple days ago and installed Windows fresh, because I was receiving some BSODs for a while. I suspect PatchCleaner may have exacerbated the issue when I tried running that about a week ago (before the format/install). Here is a zip of the...
  8. Freezing on new- motherboard, fresh install

Freezing on new- motherboard, fresh install: Hi, My desktop was getting BSODs and freezing. Since I am not good at PC troubleshooting I've taken it to repair... twice. One tech said it was the motherboard, so I got a new one, had it installed and also upgraded by 150 SSD to a 250 GB SSD, then I started having...
  9. Freeze / Reset after fresh Windows 10 install

Freeze / Reset after fresh Windows 10 install: PC ran fine for few days then froze / crashed and reset few times earlier. Any help appreciated *Smile *Cool*Cool Files: Attachment 86923 (Previous thread) Solved PC freeze, reset during games - Windows 10 Forums 54466
  10. Fresh install of windows 10 after upgrading?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh install of windows 10 after upgrading?: So I have upgraded from W7 to W10. But there is all kinds of annoying bugs and problems that my friend who did a fresh install doesn't have. So I want to just re-install a fresh W10 rather this upgraded version from W7. How can i do this now that I already upgraded? 20799

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fresh windows 10 install freeze

2. window 10 setup freezing

3. fresh win 10 install freezing

4. 10 freezeing after install