Windows 10: Windows 10 freezing after fresh install

Discus and support Windows 10 freezing after fresh install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I built a PC recently, and it is currently running well on a mechanical hard-drive. Last night I attempted to install a fresh copy of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ransworld, Dec 27, 2018.

1. ransworld Win User

Windows 10 freezing after fresh install

Hello,

I built a PC recently, and it is currently running well on a mechanical hard-drive. Last night I attempted to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 on an SSD, but the PC is now freezing regularly.

Sometimes the PC restarts itself after the cursor becomes unresponsive. Once I was presented with a blue-screen that said something about "clock_watchdog_timeout".

If these were all new parts I would have assumed there was a hardware problem; but the PC runs perfectly on the hard-drive, albeit very slowly.

I've tried removing all unessential USB hardware, connected my old mouse and keyboard, updated the UEFI firmware, updated the AM4 chipset, graphics, LAN and audio drivers. I even tried a fresh install on another hard-drive and the PC still locks up. Windows update is having trouble completing because the PC keeps locking up.

Any suggestions?

:)

ransworld, Dec 27, 2018
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 27, 2018
  3. wt_lesny Win User
    Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Windows 10 freezing after fresh install

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 freezing after fresh install

1. Windows 10 freezing after fresh install - Similar Threads - freezing fresh install

2. Window still freeze after fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window still freeze after fresh install: Hi ! Why i install a fresh copy of window 10 pro and still freeze in noway ? Actually I'm having this problem before reinstall it everything was going smooth ,l.And reason that I teinstall it just because I am changing a new ssd from old 256 to 1 tb , and after that all kind...
  3. Window still freeze after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window still freeze after fresh install: Hi ! Why i install a fresh copy of window 10 pro and still freeze in noway ? Actually I'm having this problem before reinstall it everything was going smooth ,l.And reason that I teinstall it just because I am changing a new ssd from old 256 to 1 tb , and after that all kind...
  4. Window still freeze after fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer restarts and freezes after a fresh install of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer restarts and freezes after a fresh install of windows 10.: After I reinstalled windows 10 in my desktop and after it boots up it takes 1-2 min to either restart my system or freeze and become completely unresponsive. I have tried most fixes on the internet and nothing has worked this far and I'm getting very desperate. I need ideas....
  6. Computer restarts and freezes after a fresh install of windows 10.

Computer restarts and freezes after a fresh install of windows 10.: After I reinstalled windows 10 in my desktop and after it boots up it takes 1-2 min to either restart my system or freeze and become completely unresponsive. I have tried most fixes on the internet and nothing has worked this far and I'm getting very desperate. I need ideas....
  7. Windows 10 Freezes after fresh installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Freezes after fresh installation: Hi, I am having issues with a fresh install of Windows 10 20H2 on a new computer. I download the iso from Azure portal, then putting it into a usb with rufus. After the installation, the pc reboot. On the first screen some prints appears like preparing devices and so on...
  8. Windows 10 fresh install freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fresh install freezing: Hello, so I have build a new pc for my girlfriend im installing windows 10 with the media creation tool via usb. The beginning goes well enough, but once it restarts the pc it freezes before it finishes booting. I have installed with 2 separate drives same problem, I have...
  9. Window 10 Freezes on Fresh installed

Window 10 Freezes on Fresh installed: Hello, My desktop has been constantly freezing and sometimes giving me BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR within minutes of window startup. It seems to operate normally in safe mode. What troubleshooting steps can I perform to fix this issue? Desktop Spec. CPU: G4560...
  10. Freeze / Reset after fresh Windows 10 install

Freeze / Reset after fresh Windows 10 install: PC ran fine for few days then froze / crashed and reset few times earlier. Any help appreciated *Smile *Cool*Cool Files: Attachment 86923 (Previous thread) Solved PC freeze, reset during games - Windows 10 Forums 54466

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fresh windows 10 install freeze

2. window 10 setup freezing

3. fresh win 10 install freezing

4. 10 freezeing after install