Windows 10: Windows 10 freezing after leaving it idle for a few minutes

Discus and support Windows 10 freezing after leaving it idle for a few minutes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, the freezing started a week ago and happens once a day. I tried the chkdsk command and the command for repairing image in PowerShell. The HDD is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hanis42, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Windows 10 freezing after leaving it idle for a few minutes

Hello, the freezing started a week ago and happens once a day. I tried the chkdsk command and the command for repairing image in PowerShell. The HDD is set to never turn off. System SSD and HDD for games are both fine. Do you have any suggestions?

Edit: took a look in event viewer and there are 36 Defrag errors. Only 2 of them are recent: one is from 7th February and second is from 14th February.

submitted by /u/Hanis42
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hanis42, Feb 16, 2021

2. Windows 10 freezes/deadlocks after being left idle for a few minutes

I have done all of what you suggested, and it still freezes when idle for a few minutes. I have just performed a 1 hour + download. Five minutes later, while the computer was idle, Windows 10 froze.

Bill Nettles, Feb 16, 2021
  3. MaryWise2 Win User
    Computer freezes when idle a few minutes

HP Laptop with Windows 10 Operating system freezes or locks up when sitting idle for a few minutes. First noticed while watching Netflix, video was stuck and there was a buzzing noise. Trying changing browsers, no difference. Next happened while listening
    to Pandora. Now have noticed it happening when computer left idle for a few minutes. No response to keystrokes or mouse. Have to hold on/off button down to turn off.

MaryWise2, Feb 16, 2021
  4. MikeG760 Win User

Windows 10 freezing after leaving it idle for a few minutes

Windows 10 Freezing when idle for only a few minutes.

Hey everyone,

Currently, I've been dealing with my Windows 10 PC freezing on me after about 5 minutes of being idle. I have to do a reset each time this occurs. It won't freeze while I'm using it but as soon as it's inactive for 5 minutes it locks up.

I've looked into the event viewer and have cleared up most of the issues except for two. I keep seeing Event ID 215 and 370 where the source is the PrintService.

It keeps describing a problem that Installing printer driver MS XPS Document Writer Failed. I don't have a printer connected to this PC and I haven't for the longest time. This is in reference to ID 215

ID 370 keeps complaining that the print spooler failed to regenerate the printer driver information for driver MS XPS Document Writer.

I've already tried disabling sleep and making sure the Hard Disks stay on. I can't seem to pinpoint the problem and it's getting frustrating. Also if I put it to sleep manually and leave it alone I can wake it back up and continue using it until the 5 minutes
    of inactivity occurs.

I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks

-Michael

MikeG760, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 freezing after leaving it idle for a few minutes

1. Windows 10 freezing after leaving it idle for a few minutes - Similar Threads - freezing leaving idle

2. Windows 11 Freezes when left Idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Freezes when left Idle for a few minutes: HI I have recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have been experiencing with the issue where my pc freezes after being left idle for a few minutes. I want having this issue on windows 10 but here on windows 11 I have been experiencing issue.My pc specscpu: ryzen 5...
  3. Windows 11 Freezes when left Idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Freezes when left Idle for a few minutes: HI I have recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have been experiencing with the issue where my pc freezes after being left idle for a few minutes. I want having this issue on windows 10 but here on windows 11 I have been experiencing issue.My pc specscpu: ryzen 5...
  4. After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots: I am running Windows 11, and if I leave my PC hp victus 15fb0xxx idle for a few minutes, it reboots. If I use it continuously, it's fine. I have installed every system update and checked my drivers to make sure they are up to date and I even ran a virus scan I use McAfee....
  5. After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots

After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots: I am running Windows 11, and if I leave my PC hp victus 15fb0xxx idle for a few minutes, it reboots. If I use it continuously, it's fine. I have installed every system update and checked my drivers to make sure they are up to date and I even ran a virus scan I use McAfee....
  6. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  7. Pc freezes after a few minutes

Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  8. Windows 10 Hard Freezing if left idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Hard Freezing if left idle for a few minutes: Hi all, my Windows 10 PC has been freezing (and requiring a hard restart) if I leave it idle for just a few minutes. The amount of time is inconsistent but its usually around 30 minutes. The PC has never ever had this issue before, and it's only started occurring ever since...
  9. Computer freezes when idle a few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes when idle a few minutes: HP Laptop with Windows 10 Operating system freezes or locks up when sitting idle for a few minutes. First noticed while watching Netflix, video was stuck and there was a buzzing noise. Trying changing browsers, no difference. Next happened while listening to Pandora. Now have...
  10. BSOD after a few minutes of idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after a few minutes of idle: After leaving my computer alone for a few minutes my computer restarts with a REGISTRY_ERROR BSOD. I have disabled ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 Critical" and ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical" and also ran sfc/scannow with no integrity violation. I uninstalled...