Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezing after login

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezing after login in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my HP laptop keep freezing after log in, it works for about 5 minutes as maximum then windows totally freezes, I have tried many solutions from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mankeer C-Sharp, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Freezing after login

my HP laptop keep freezing after log in, it works for about 5 minutes as maximum then windows totally freezes, I have tried many solutions from the internet but unfortunately it was solved for 2 days then it comes back.

I have run it in the safemode, and it is totally responsive, I have run many commands like DISM, scannow, the system start response for 3 -5 minutes then freeze.

I have many doubts such as Microsoft updates, or Mcafee updates.

How can I solve this issue.

:)

Mankeer C-Sharp, Mar 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 Freezes on Login

Hi Jastin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system after logging-in as it freezes, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Does this issue persists, when you try to open any application or generally as soon you log-in?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the device freezes?
    • How have you installed Windows 10 (Upgrade/ Clean installation)?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and hit
      Enter.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to
    run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Please try to run the Windows Defender to check for the virus on your device.

Refer to: Security & privacy

Note: Data or files which are infected by malware might be beyond cleaning and have to be deleted entirely to maintain the integrity of your system, which means there might be a potential for data loss.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Freezing after login

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Freezing after login

1. Windows 10 Freezing after login - Similar Threads - Freezing login

2. Windows 11 freezes after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freezes after login: I got a new lenovo laptop a few months back. Everything went well. But once after a windows update it started to freeze for a few seconds and sometimes even a few minutes. For about 7 seconds after login I can use the computer like normal, then it completely freezes and after...
  3. Windows 11 freezes after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 freezes after login: I got a new lenovo laptop a few months back. Everything went well. But once after a windows update it started to freeze for a few seconds and sometimes even a few minutes. For about 7 seconds after login I can use the computer like normal, then it completely freezes and after...
  4. Every time I boot up my PC it freezes on the login screen. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I boot up my PC it freezes on the login screen. How do I fix this?: Hello,I built this PC one month ago and it has been working great. The last couple days however, my pc would not open settings. I attempted to fix settings using commands given online. None of the options were working. When I went to restart my computer, after using code in...
  5. Every time I boot up my PC it freezes on the login screen. How do I fix this?

Every time I boot up my PC it freezes on the login screen. How do I fix this?: Hello,I built this PC one month ago and it has been working great. The last couple days however, my pc would not open settings. I attempted to fix settings using commands given online. None of the options were working. When I went to restart my computer, after using code in...
  6. Windows 11 freezing on login screen

Windows 11 freezing on login screen: Hello,I'm facing a very frustrating problem on my desktop with Windows 11.I went to sleep last night without switching it off and when I woke up this morning, the PC entered the sleep mode. I tried to use it again but nothing was happening, the screen was still off.I...
  7. Windows 11 freezing on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freezing on login screen: Hello,I'm facing a very frustrating problem on my desktop with Windows 11.I went to sleep last night without switching it off and when I woke up this morning, the PC entered the sleep mode. I tried to use it again but nothing was happening, the screen was still off.I...
  8. Windows lock screen/login screen freeze and sometimes BSOD "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE"...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows lock screen/login screen freeze and sometimes BSOD "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE"...: Getting freezes where at the windows boot-up lock-screen or login screen if It doesn't freeze at the lockscreen simply won't respond to any of the inputs I give, key strokes, clicking to pressing ctrl+alt+del, the screen won't react.If I wait for a long time sometime the...
  9. Windows lock screen/login screen freeze and sometimes BSOD "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows lock screen/login screen freeze and sometimes BSOD "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE"...: Getting freezes where at the windows boot-up lock-screen or login screen if It doesn't freeze at the lockscreen simply won't respond to any of the inputs I give, key strokes, clicking to pressing ctrl+alt+del, the screen won't react.If I wait for a long time sometime the...
  10. Windows lock screen/login screen freeze and sometimes BSOD "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE"...