Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezing all of a sudden, can't figure out why or how to fix

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezing all of a sudden, can't figure out why or how to fix in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Never had issues with my computer before (which is only about a year old), now all of a sudden it's freezing randomly; no particular action or app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AspiringCello75, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Freezing all of a sudden, can't figure out why or how to fix

Never had issues with my computer before (which is only about a year old), now all of a sudden it's freezing randomly; no particular action or app seems to be causing it, locks up screen, mouse and keyboard. Only way to end it is to press or hold down the power button manually. Computer then often has trouble turning back on (get a "no signal" screen on monitor or sometimes shuts itself down and restarts itself while trying to turn on). Tried updating drivers and other software to no avail so far. Would sincerely appreciate any help.

Specs:
    Acer - Predator G3-710

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU 3.60GHz RAM 16GB
    64-bit OS, x64 processor
    Running Windows 10 v.1903 (though initial problems started when on version before this, have continued on this version).
    NVIDIA GeForce Drivers v.436.30

:)

AspiringCello75, Oct 1, 2019
  2. BulldogXX Win User

windows 10 freezes up. will kb3176938 fix it?

Here's a
    list of the fixes in KB 3176938
    , so you can read for yourself.

A computer can freeze for thousands of different reasons. Your first step is to figure out why it happens. Then you can ask for a solution to that problem.

BulldogXX, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Freezing all of a sudden, can't figure out why or how to fix

Borderlands freezes and thaws

I'm positive the steps I took above fixed it. I went through 10 rounds in the underdome (well over an hour of gameplay) without a single freeze. Previously, I couldn't play 15 minutes without at least one freeze.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Freezing all of a sudden, can't figure out why or how to fix

1. Windows 10 Freezing all of a sudden, can't figure out why or how to fix - Similar Threads - Freezing sudden can't

2. why can't i figure this out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i figure this out?: i bought a copy of windows 11 from Microsoft's website, but when i installed it it just gave me a better version of windows 10. i can't figure it out thru the updates section either. what am i missing or forgetting?...
  3. why can't i figure this out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't i figure this out?: i bought a copy of windows 11 from Microsoft's website, but when i installed it it just gave me a better version of windows 10. i can't figure it out thru the updates section either. what am i missing or forgetting?...
  4. All of my browsers freeze my pc and I can't figure out why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my browsers freeze my pc and I can't figure out why: Per the subject, every browser I have tried freezes my pc. This includes brave, edge, opera, and chrome. This is a recent issue over the past week or 2. I have read some places hardware acceleration could cause this, but I cannot find the setting for this on my pc where most...
  5. All of my browsers freeze my pc and I can't figure out why

All of my browsers freeze my pc and I can't figure out why: Per the subject, every browser I have tried freezes my pc. This includes brave, edge, opera, and chrome. This is a recent issue over the past week or 2. I have read some places hardware acceleration could cause this, but I cannot find the setting for this on my pc where most...
  6. can't figure out!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't figure out!: Hello, it seems i can't locate the right site for my rog strix z490-h gaming from asus. If someone friendly and knowledgeable enough to help me find it, i would be really happy. Is there a failsafe way to find for any motherboard, i would be relieved to know it too,Best...
  7. can't figure out!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't figure out!: Hello, it seems i can't locate the right site for my rog strix z490-h gaming from asus. If someone friendly and knowledgeable enough to help me find it, i would be really happy. Is there a failsafe way to find for any motherboard, i would be relieved to know it too,Best...
  8. can't figure out!

9. Continuous crashes can't figure out why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuous crashes can't figure out why: Recently my laptop keeps crashing whenever I try to do something normal on it... sometimes it crashes suddenly after logging in and sometimes I can use it for like 4-8 hours in a stretchI tried searching on the event logs and couldn't find anything which points towards the...
  10. i figure out how to fix this

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i figure out how to fix this: 021-03-22 15:40:46, Info CSI 00000398 Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\Program Files x86\ is owned twice or has its security set twice Original owner: Microsoft-Windows-shell32, version 10.0.19041.844, arch Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, pkt {l:8...