Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezing and Lagging after Update

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezing and Lagging after Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently updated my pc to the newest version of windows 10 version 1909/1903 and i noticed that it is freezing/lagging every 5 seconds. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CharityB1, May 20, 2020.

1. CharityB1 Win User

Windows 10 Freezing and Lagging after Update

I recently updated my pc to the newest version of windows 10 version 1909/1903 and i noticed that it is freezing/lagging every 5 seconds. This frustrates me and I have been looking for a solution. The last big update I had was a few years ago and it had the same problem but I managed to fix it easily. The same solution isn't working. I ran for more updates, I updated all my drivers, I ran diagnostics, I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me?

:)

CharityB1, May 20, 2020
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, May 20, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 20, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Freezing and Lagging after Update - Similar Threads - Freezing Lagging Update

2. Windows lags/freezes during updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows lags/freezes during updates: I have noticed that every time windows is downloading or installing updates in the background my laptop becomes very slow and the apps keep on lagging/freezing. It's impossible to get any work done because of this. Why is this happening and how to resolve this issue?OS:...
  3. Windows lags/freezes during updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows lags/freezes during updates: I have noticed that every time windows is downloading or installing updates in the background my laptop becomes very slow and the apps keep on lagging/freezing. It's impossible to get any work done because of this. Why is this happening and how to resolve this issue?OS:...
  4. Lags after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lags after windows 10 update: Before i updated my pc today everything is running smoothly but after the update the speed became half as usual especially in booting which only takes around 10 to 15 seconds, i also experienced more fps drops. Thank you....
  5. Windows freezing and lagging.

Windows freezing and lagging.: Recently I reinstalled windows 10 because I had an absurd amount of files and other applications I don't need. I figure the performance would increase also the disc was filling up. I cloned my ssd and reinstalled it. But after I reinstalled it, windows started freezing all...
  6. Windows lagging after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows lagging after update: An update notification popped up. I click the notification> I click the restart button> it takes a bit too much too restart> black screen but the pc doesn't turn off > still restarting> starts update> it becomes laggy, it doesnt react instantly(this happens on firefox, and on...
  7. Lagging, Freezing after Windows 10 clean install

Lagging, Freezing after Windows 10 clean install: After an update, I suddenly wasn't able to boot up. After many tries, I made the media creation tool and reinstalled windows. Unfortunately, in doing that I lost the files that would allow me to bring computer back to factory settings, although the partition is still there....
  8. Laptop keeps freezing and lagging after Windows 10 Update

Laptop keeps freezing and lagging after Windows 10 Update: Hello, I don't usually ask questions online as I have a bit of tech experience but I'm stumped with an issue I have with my laptop. After installing an update on Windows 10, my laptop has had several issues such as lagging, unusual CPU/RAM/DISK usage, windows 10 gui...
  9. Windows lagging after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows lagging after update: A few days ago I realized that my PC got performance issue after updating to build 1909. Previously it worked fine, now I am trying to find the reason. After seaching on the internet I checked the latest Motherboard drivers cannot find newer versions and the VGA driver. The...
  10. Windows 10 lags and freezes after new update

Windows 10 lags and freezes after new update: Hi, I have a problem that has been happening intermittently for about a year. I updated a year ago and I would get these 5 second bursts of lag that would slow audio and the display. It would happen about once every few hours. I updated about 3 months later and it stopped. I...