Windows 10: Windows 10 freezing exactly every 60 seconds - Potential fix for anyone else experiencing this.

Discus and support Windows 10 freezing exactly every 60 seconds - Potential fix for anyone else experiencing this. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my rig had been experiencing a consistent freeze while I was playing Battlefield V. I chalked it down to driver errors or poor optimization or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AcridSmoke, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 freezing exactly every 60 seconds - Potential fix for anyone else experiencing this.

So my rig had been experiencing a consistent freeze while I was playing Battlefield V. I chalked it down to driver errors or poor optimization or something like that.

Well, after a particularly nasty loss today I decided I would time these freezes using a stopwatch and see if there was a pattern. Bingo, things freeze every 60 seconds. BFV freezing and so was Arkham Knight.

After some googling, stumbled upon someone describing it coinciding with a desktop background slideshow. Turned that off and no more freezing.

Just wanna put this out there for anyone searching for a fix to this problem.

submitted by /u/AcridSmoke
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AcridSmoke, Aug 3, 2020

2. Folder refresh every 60 seconds

I have a new computer that has Windows 10 on it. When I open any of the storage folders such as "My Pictures" it refreshes every 60 seconds. If I have scrolled down in the file list I will then lose my place because the screen refreshes and goes back
    to the top of the list. This is incredibly frustrating! Please help.

GeraldByrne, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Active Time 100% - Read Speed 0 KB/s - Write Speed 0 KB/s - for exactly 60 seconds

I have recently conducted a fresh reinstall of Microsoft Windows 10 Home - none of my hardware has changed.

I am getting sporadic freeze-ups of the operating system. These freeze-ups appear to last for exactly 60 seconds.

I have attempted to diagnose the issue using Task Manager- under the
    Performance tab I can see the freezes coincide with Disk 0 (CWindows 10 freezing exactly every 60 seconds - Potential fix for anyone else experiencing this. :) hitting 100% active time - for exactly 60 seconds (I can see this because the graph is '60 seconds across').

The Active Time is 100 %, the Average Response Time is 0 ms, the
    Read Speed is 0 KB/s, and the Write Speed is 0 KB/s.

What I have tried so far:

• Disabling the Page file for C:.
    • Running System File Checker /SFC with administrative privileges.
    • Running Deployment Image Servicing and Management Tool (DISM)
    • Disabling several services: Windows Search and Superfetch.
    • Checked SMART status of SSD using Kingston SSD Toolbox.
    • Updated Windows using Windows Update.
    • Run Windows Troubleshooter - System Maintenance.

What do people recommend my next steps should be?

SuperCrazyJoel, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Ninkyu Win User

Windows 10 freezing exactly every 60 seconds - Potential fix for anyone else experiencing this.

1 second image freeze exactly every minute

It still happens after a clean boot.
    I tried out the Windows Safe Mode this afternoon and for the first time the freezes didn't occur anymore. I did some tests and narrowed it down to the GPU driver. I tried out the automatically installed driver version by Windows 10 (341.92), the latest version on the Nvidia website (341.95) and an older version (341.81), but in all the 3 cases the problem still occured. I think I'm going to ask the Nvidia support or someone in some Nvidia help forum and update this thread when I have found a solution. But if someone on this forum has an idea as well I'm always welcome for help Windows 10 freezing exactly every 60 seconds - Potential fix for anyone else experiencing this. :)

btw I also did some tests in terms of the scheduling of the freezes. Turns out they always happen at :00 and always every 60 seconds. That means when for example I turn the clock back from 21:40:40 to 21:40:30, a freeze will happen at 21:40:50 (because the last freeze will have been 60 seconds ago at 21:40:00) and at 21:41:00 (because it's the start of a new minute) - don't know if that information is helpful in any way. Also, my GPU is the Nividia GeForce 320M.

Ninkyu, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 freezing exactly every 60 seconds - Potential fix for anyone else experiencing this.

1. Windows 10 freezing exactly every 60 seconds - Potential fix for anyone else experiencing this. - Similar Threads - freezing exactly every

2. For "DavidM121" or, anyone else experienced with minidump files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    For "DavidM121" or, anyone else experienced with minidump files: My original conversation with DavidM121 dates back to October 5, 2022 titled "Random "BSOD" incidents" I got up this morning and moved my mouse to "wake up" the screensaver and within a couple of minutes that darn BSOD came up again and I had to wait for a reboot and things...
  3. For "DavidM121" or, anyone else experienced with minidump files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For "DavidM121" or, anyone else experienced with minidump files: My original conversation with DavidM121 dates back to October 5, 2022 titled "Random "BSOD" incidents" I got up this morning and moved my mouse to "wake up" the screensaver and within a couple of minutes that darn BSOD came up again and I had to wait for a reboot and things...
  4. For "DavidM121" or, anyone else experienced with minidump files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone else experiencing this issue?: Anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone knows why my system has found corrupted files with sfc/ scannow on a fresh install? : r/Windows11 reddit.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-experiencing-this-issue/e88a0816-8426-4358-a3a0-15db14feded0
  6. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone else experiencing this issue?: Anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone knows why my system has found corrupted files with sfc/ scannow on a fresh install? : r/Windows11 reddit.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-experiencing-this-issue/e88a0816-8426-4358-a3a0-15db14feded0
  7. Windows 10 Locks after Exactly 60 Seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Locks after Exactly 60 Seconds: Hi Windows 10 Locks after exactly 60 seconds. I have tried the following steps: Set Turn Off display to 10 minutes Set Put computer to sleep in 30 minutes Set Console Lock Time Out to 60 minutes Disabled Hybrid Sleep and Hybernation. Please advise. Thank you....
  8. Anyone Else Experiencing Unacceptable Customer Service?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anyone Else Experiencing Unacceptable Customer Service?: My upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro disrupted too many administrative rights and lost too much Outlook data to detail here. And now saved files are disappearing. Two days ago, I was recently placed on hold with my cell phone for over an hour. At times, there was...
  9. Anyone else experiencing this Windows 10 lock screen issue?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Anyone else experiencing this Windows 10 lock screen issue?: Until a few days ago I could click once anywhere on the initial Windows 10 screen that comes up this is called the lock screen? and it took me directly to the sign-on screen. Now I have to click on the text in the middle of the picture which takes me to the sign-on screen...
  10. 1 second image freeze exactly every minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    1 second image freeze exactly every minute: Hi everyone *Smile I have a problem with Windows 10 on my laptop. At the start of every new minute (e.g. 21:40:00) the image freezes for a second or two (the audio still runs fine). It doesn't matter how busy my laptop currently is, whether I'm playing a game, watching a...