Windows 10: Windows 10 freezing in a weird way

Discus and support Windows 10 freezing in a weird way in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey there. So I've been encountering a weird bug for a long time and still haven't found a solution. Basically windows freezes at a random moment,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/muesli_riegel, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 freezing in a weird way

Hey there.

So I've been encountering a weird bug for a long time and still haven't found a solution.

Basically windows freezes at a random moment, all programs just stand still but I can still move my mouse. I can't open any programs, the start menu or really do anything except for moving my mouse. I recognize this bug as soon as my razer chroma animated lighting freezes in place and shows the same colours (stops moving). It happens even on a fresh install.

My specs:

Aorus x470 Gaming Ultra

Ryzen 7 2700x

Kfa2 gtx 1080 exoc

16gb (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws V at 3200Mhz

Samsung 970 evo 500gb

Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 1tb

Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb

(I don't know it's name)2x 128gb toshiba sata ssd

Nzxt Kraken x62

Nzxt H500i (with smart device)

I've got Windows 10 pro, Manjaro and Arch installed, each one on a separate drives.

Linux is working like a charm but no matter what I do, windows won't function properly.

I hope someone of you has an idea of what's going on and could help me fix it.

submitted by /u/muesli_riegel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/muesli_riegel, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 freezing in a weird way

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 freezing in a weird way

1. Windows 10 freezing in a weird way - Similar Threads - freezing weird

2. Laptop freezes and weird lines appear after some time.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop freezes and weird lines appear after some time.: Hi guys, Over the past 2 weeks, my laptop was encountering some issues and it freezes after a few minutes of use and the display went into a frenzy like the link below: IMG_1206.jpg - Google Drive I had to restart my laptop and the same issue persists after a few mins or...
  3. Weird PC behaviour freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird PC behaviour freezing: So i have had this problem around 5-6 times in the last three years ,and it really confused me ,so here's how it goes :i would be using my PC for quite sometime ,everything is normal then it freezes and wont respond i would have to force shut it down and when i try to boot it...
  4. PC freezes after connected to Internet and acting so weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC freezes after connected to Internet and acting so weird: If I had Windows Defender on while connected to internet, my PC freezes, I can't move my mouse, alt + tab, Ctrl + alt + del or even windows + Ctrl + shift + B doesn't work, it just freezes. For almost a week, I had to race to turn off the internet before it connects or...
  5. Windows 10 weird freeze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 weird freeze: Is it just me.. or is Windows freezing more then ever now? It doesn't freeze completely. Usually is the application i'm using fine. But everything else is frozen. Zero respons. Nada. Restart makes it work again. Tabs reload in Brave browser. Windows 10 Home version 1809...
  6. Windows 10 weird freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 weird freezing: Hi i have an issue with my pc at the moment. Right now I tryin to figure out what the issue is with it randomly freezing when i play games or watch vids. So basically it hard on freezes where it buzzes out the audio or whatever i am watching kinda slows down heavily but...
  7. Weird CPU throttling after fresh install of windows 10. My entire screen freezes every 2...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird CPU throttling after fresh install of windows 10. My entire screen freezes every 2...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JamesGrimmer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5v2fb/weird_cpu_throttling_after_fresh_install_of/
  8. Getting weird screen then freezes up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting weird screen then freezes up: My computer is less then 2 weeks old and I got this message that covered the whole page and wouldn't let me do anything, it said bbleaguez.club port 443 telling me to contact them at Microsoft I am not giving out my password please help...
  9. pc freezes and make a weird sound help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc freezes and make a weird sound help!: 1. So since i have factory restarted my pc,with the shift and restart thing,i deleted everything and logged in with a new account. 2. Sometimes my pc makes weird noises and freezes for like 1 second or less and it is really annoying, it happens when gaming and literally...
  10. weird problem with 2018 hp's freezing up in win10 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    weird problem with 2018 hp's freezing up in win10 1809: I have this weird problem with 2018 HP's (HP ProOne 600 G4 21.5-in Non-Touch AiO) in Windows 10 1809. Eventually, they can't launch any new applications, and any kind of remote script launch hangs up (remote powershell, altiris). But after a reboot it's fine, but there's...