Windows 10: Windows 10 freezing in login screen after restart

Discus and support Windows 10 freezing in login screen after restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I restarted my pc yesterday by accident and when it starts it suddenly freezes at the login screen. I login automatically so I have the spinning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by YannickSmieja, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 freezing in login screen after restart

So I restarted my pc yesterday by accident and when it starts it suddenly freezes at the login screen. I login automatically so I have the spinning dots but they just freeze at some point. This isnt the first time this happened but I don't know how to fix it. I can login using safe mode but that doesn't help. I tried using a backup from the 3rd of March but that didn't help either.

:)

YannickSmieja, Mar 11, 2019
  2. ATIonion Win User

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 freezing in login screen after restart

Little to no keyboard input on windows 10 login screen

I have encountered an issue where only the space bar and enter keys work on login.

Below is a step by step of what I have found so far:

1. I restarted my computer - and tried to enter my pin and noticed that nothing was happening and i could not log in but the enter and space keys were working.
    2. I then walked through the change pin process - it through me back to the login screen and inputs worked again.
    3. I then tried running the hardware and device troubleshooter and it found no issues.
    4. I then downloaded the windows diagnostic tool - it repaired two issues in relation to a windows update, on in regards to a corrupt database and another which i cant remember.
    5. I restarted after it fixed these issues and I could log in fine.
    6. I then restarted again to be 100% sure it worked - and behold the issue was back again.
    7. As long as I go into the reset pin process and come back into the login screen again I can then enter my pin.

I dont know what has caused this issue and if anyone else has encountered it but is there any fixes or other potential solutions could try to resolve this?

Am thinking at the moment I may have to do a clean install of windows 10 but I would like to avoid that if I can. *sarc

joshcranmore, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 freezing in login screen after restart

1. Windows 10 freezing in login screen after restart - Similar Threads - freezing login screen

2. Windows 10 freezes after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes after login: It happened to me when I was browsing the internet, PC suddenly frozen and couldn't do anything, only mouse cursor was visible and I could move it, so I restarted, after that I couldn't run the PC correctly, cause it would always freeze after signing in. After some time the...
  3. Windows 10 freezing at login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezing at login screen: My computer has randomly started freezing when I get to the login screen, so I can’t even use my computer! Help, how do I fix this? submitted by /u/UltroGmr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k6s03m/windows_10_freezing_at_login_screen/
  4. Windows 10 freezes at Login Screen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 freezes at Login Screen: [ATTACH]If you face a situation where after you enter the password of your account […] This article Windows 10 freezes at Login Screen first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Windows 10 Freeze at restart screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Freeze at restart screen: Hello everyone, Apologies if there are any errors in this message, english is not my main language, i will try to do my best to explain my issue. I hope you can help me out with this. So basically my computer freezes on the "Restarting" screen everytime i try to restart...
  6. Windows 10 Freezing after login

Windows 10 Freezing after login: my HP laptop keep freezing after log in, it works for about 5 minutes as maximum then windows totally freezes, I have tried many solutions from the internet but unfortunately it was solved for 2 days then it comes back. I have run it in the safemode, and it is totally...
  7. Windows 10 restarting and freezing after login after updating from windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 restarting and freezing after login after updating from windows 7: I have just completed updating a Dell Lattude 3340 to Windows 10 from Windows 7 On first login the windows kept retsarting aftre about 3 minutes. I went into safe mode and unchecked automatic rtestart. The computer now freezes on all profiles after about 3 minutes from...
  8. Fix for Windows 10 freezing at login screen after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fix for Windows 10 freezing at login screen after update: I fixed my dad's computer that froze at the login after the April update (pretty much what is happening in this person's post). What worked for me was- booting into safe mode with networking then running the Windows Update troubleshooter then downloading the...
  9. Windows 10 either freezes after login or black screen before login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 either freezes after login or black screen before login: The problem from the older thread about graphic driver persisted, but uninstall and reinstalling the same driver didn't do anything to fix at all. It was fine yesterday until I put it to sleep and left it for around 3 hours. The laptop froze a lot when I tried to login in...
  10. Windows 10 freezing on login screen

Windows 10 freezing on login screen: Windows 10 loads up to the time and date screen completely frozen, theres only one other icon on the screen and its the network icon ( usually there is a power button with this). Mouse and keyboard led lights have power but both are unresponsive. Some steps I did: 1....