Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezing minutes after rebooting.

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezing minutes after rebooting. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My Dell XPS 13 laptop was working a little bit slower than normal recently, and I saw that there was a couple of driver updates that needed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AidanFurlong, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Freezing minutes after rebooting.

Hello,

My Dell XPS 13 laptop was working a little bit slower than normal recently, and I saw that there was a couple of driver updates that needed to be completed so I clicked update and restart.

However, it never restarted on its own. Eventually, I rebooted and it said the update had failed. From there, whenever I attempted to use more than one app, all apps would begin to be unresponsive, including the taskbar and desktop shortcuts.

I have clean booted and still run into this issue. I have system restored to before the failed update but the issues remain. I have run scans through the command prompt but have found nothing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

AidanFurlong, Dec 12, 2020

2. reboot/freeze problem

my computer runs fine for about 20-30 minutes and then reboots/freezes(sometime it reboots, sometimes it freezes)
    i have an evga 680i A1 board, 4x1gig xms2 dhx, q6600, 2x8800ultra's, 2x150gb raptors, pci-e wireless n card.

i have tried running the computer at stock speeds and voltages and have the same problem, so it's not an overclock issue.

it seems to be a software problem. but where do i start? the computer run @3.6ghz can run all night(9hours) orthos stable, but when im using it, it locks up every 20-30 minutes.

any suggestions?

Fitseries3, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Borderlands freezes and thaws

I'm positive the steps I took above fixed it. I went through 10 rounds in the underdome (well over an hour of gameplay) without a single freeze. Previously, I couldn't play 15 minutes without at least one freeze.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 12, 2020
  4. dawei Win User

Windows 10 Freezing minutes after rebooting.

Windows 7 freezes for 1 minute

My custom built rig has lately, in the past 2 months or so, been having these spits of freezing. It will freeze for exactly 1 minute: always 1 minute, every time. I can time it down to the second.

The weird thing is that when it freezes, some programs seem to be immune to it. When playing a full screen game, video and audio will freeze (though not always at the same time, sometimes one or the other will lag). Playing a 3D game in windowed mode seems to be immune to it however. Windows explorer and Firefox always seems to freeze, but Windows Messenger (including video call) will work as normal even while everything else is frozen. After a minute has passed, everything is back to normal. It happens at irregular intervals: sometimes it will happen then happen again 30 seconds later, and sometimes I can go hours without the problem.

It's a bit bizarre and I'm not sure what is causing it. The fact that it is always exactly 1 minute makes me think it's some dumb program checking for an update or something, but I can't pin it down.

Any ideas appreciated.

dawei, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Freezing minutes after rebooting.

1. Windows 10 Freezing minutes after rebooting. - Similar Threads - Freezing minutes rebooting

2. My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.: Computer is rebooting.*** Moved from: Microsoft 365 Insider / Outlook / Windows *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-is-rebooting-after-10-or-15-minutes/0c2f8b76-802a-4edb-a7b6-299f0d4f2cfa
  3. My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.: Computer is rebooting.*** Moved from: Microsoft 365 Insider / Outlook / Windows *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-is-rebooting-after-10-or-15-minutes/0c2f8b76-802a-4edb-a7b6-299f0d4f2cfa
  4. My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Minecraft Rebooting Windows 10 after minutes-> to hours of play.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Rebooting Windows 10 after minutes-> to hours of play.: So i have java/bedrock edition of minecraft on my pc and i have windows 10 home. My game crashes after a couple minutes to even after and hour at some points it’s random, and when it does this my screen goes black and my whole pc reboots and restarts windows. I’ve updated...
  6. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  7. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  8. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows 10 freezes a few minutes after wake from sleep, requires hard reboot

Windows 10 freezes a few minutes after wake from sleep, requires hard reboot: Windows 10 Home Version 1803 Build 17134.472 When my notebook wakes up from sleep mode, it works normally for a few minutes, and then it completely freezes - screen stays on, but the laptop does not respond to any keyboard or mouse inputs. There is no crash warning, no...
  10. Windows 10 Pro freeze after 5-10 minutes after rebooting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro freeze after 5-10 minutes after rebooting: Hi everybody. I've installed clean Windows 10 Pro (eMachines e732). After 5-10 minutes of work it starts to be irresponsible: browser doesn't load pages (infinite loading) but still can create new tabs. start menu doesn't open. windows explorer does not open on 'win+e'...