Windows 10: Windows 10 freezing, mostly in games

Discus and support Windows 10 freezing, mostly in games in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! To the matter: My windows 10 pc freezes seemingly random, but mostly in games. It starts with freezing the visuals, then about 30 seconds later... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bondgamer, May 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 freezing, mostly in games

Hi!

To the matter: My windows 10 pc freezes seemingly random, but mostly in games.

It starts with freezing the visuals, then about 30 seconds later the sound stops working or is in a loop too. Sometimes after that stage, I am getting an black screen and I have to restart. Well, I have to restart anway, because once it started, it wont recover.

I already looked up different things, like checking the event logs (as far as I can tell there are none that cause this), file checks with "sfc /scannow" and the dism.exe.

Tools and driver up to date (gpu, chipset, motherboard and so on). Disconnected all prepherials, tried different monitors, going back to older drivers, nothing works.

I checked the SMART values for the drive in question as well, all fine.

Already wrote the support of the games, as it mostly happens in Tom Clancys Rainbow Six Siege, but they couldnt help me either.

Iam not really a noob when it comes to pcs or troubleshooting, still I am stuck at this point. I did everything I can think of, except reinstalling windows itself.

Maybe one of you has any ideas?

If logs or other informations needed, please let me know.

Edit: PC parts list:

Intel I7 7700K Gigabyte B250D3H 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4-2400 CL 16 Samsung 960 Evo 250gb (with os and game) Seagate 2tb hdd (not the one with the os or game) Asus GTX 1080 Strix Gaming 8GB Be Quiet! 700W Pure Power 10 CM Custom water cooling loop without leaks and low temps.

submitted by /u/bondgamer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bondgamer, May 10, 2020
  2. Marby Rey Win User
    Marby Rey, May 10, 2020
  3. Loraine Mon, May 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 freezing, mostly in games

Windows 10 game freezing

Hi Omar,

To further assist you with your concern, kindly provide the answers for the following questions:

• Did you receive any error messages?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you may try performing the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    link
    . Update us with the result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 freezing, mostly in games

1. Windows 10 freezing, mostly in games - Similar Threads - freezing mostly games

2. Pc freezed randomly when playing game mostly then restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc freezed randomly when playing game mostly then restarts: Hello, I recently came accross a problem with my pc, it's a custom build and everything was fine until about a month ago, my pc would restart when I exited a game or it would restart when I played it. It freezes for like 10 seconds then restarts and takes forever to start up...
  3. Mouse Freezing in Most Games

Mouse Freezing in Most Games: My Logitech ergonomic mouse has the latest drivers and support software. It constantly freezes up very quickly after starting in almost all video games. It still remains functional when switching back to Windows with alt-tab or ctrl-alt-delete. This is obviously a Windows 10...
  4. Crashes, BSOD's and freezes (mostly while gaming)

Crashes, BSOD's and freezes (mostly while gaming): Hi as the title reads I'm experiencing a lot of problems, especially the BSOD's. I have no idea what and how to post files that may help so please provide instructions so I can do that. Some BSOD errors I got today are: - LiveKernelEvent code 1a1 and 141 -...
  5. Games freeze (Windows 10)

Games freeze (Windows 10): Every game I play freezes after a couple minutes (on Steam, Uplay, Origin, Epic Games). I don't know what the problem could be. I've updated all my drivers, cleared my temp files, ran a memory check, ran a system file check and scanned for virusses. Nothing worked out for...
  6. Game freezes when gaming on Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game freezes when gaming on Windows 10!: hello guys, when I play Dota 2 it freezes randomly and I have this problem long time ago. I think this problem wasn't present while I was using Windows 8 but now that I changed it into windows 10 it happens. Im still not 100 % sure if it happened at windows 8. The game...
  7. Most COD Game I play on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most COD Game I play on Windows 10: It all began with the build 10166 but when I am playing say MW3, I cannot stay standing, it seems to drop me into a prone position at will. Any Ideas? 8130
  8. Windows 10 Games Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Games Freezing: Hello. I am having a problem with games freezing on my windows 10 pc. The games that have been freezing are GTA 3, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas and Team Fortress 2. GTA V is working fine without any freezes. if i reboot my pc all games are working fine, the freezing usually...
  9. Freezing Notebook, mostly while playing a game

Freezing Notebook, mostly while playing a game: Hello, Im having very bad issue. So it is happening like this: 1. I launch a game and play 2. (During playing) Sometimes it work normally, but in most cases it at first lag, switch to desktop, sound working but i dont see game window, i see only its running and when i...
  10. 0x000000D1 & 0X1000007f, Freezes or restarts "randomly" gaming mostly

0x000000D1 & 0X1000007f, Freezes or restarts "randomly" gaming mostly: I have seen so many of these threads and dislike to create another, suppose it's time for my own dump though. The following is a copy of my notes that I've tried to clean up a bit for this thread. Checked for windows updates due to RQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error....