Windows 10: Windows 10 freezing on Setup

Discus and support Windows 10 freezing on Setup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently sold my old PC. I had windows 7 64-bit professional until I upgraded to Windows 10. So I tried to reset my PC through Update and security,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Onimir, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Onimir Win User

Windows 10 freezing on Setup

I recently sold my old PC. I had windows 7 64-bit professional until I upgraded to Windows 10. So I tried to reset my PC through Update and security, but an error said I couldn't and no changes were made. So I loaded USB with windows 10 64-bit and started the install from that, which it asked if I wanted to delete all files, which I did and the PC began it's installation of Windows 10 again. So my buyers comes over and sees the PC on the Windows 10 setup, where it asks to information about the user and time/date etc. He says no problem. I remove the USB and restart the PC to see if it'll boot to the same screen, it does and he took it home so he could finish the install. I mentioned he should use his Windows 10 login as I know that the upgrade key for windows 10 is different. So he gets home and the PC freezes after clicking next, it just stays frozen. I am not sure what to do. I'll thinking of sending him my old windows 7 professional discs and key as well as the USB, but I'm not sure if it'll help. Thanks for any info you guys can give.

:)

Onimir, Jun 1, 2016
  2. RTB10 Win User

Windows 10 Mail freezing after KB4022405 installed

Windows 10 Mail is frequently freezing after KB4022405 was installed. Once it freezes closing the task and restarting the client will work for a little while before freezing again. Deleting and recreating the account did not resolve.

Windows Version 1703 OS Build 15063.483

Email setup: Yahoo account setup for IMAP.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

RTB10, Jun 1, 2016
  3. windows 10 freezes and stuck on set up.

please help

I had to reset my windows 10, and it went okay, I installed the windows, but when try to connect to a network in the setup the laptop freezes so I skipped this step and started the setup and pressed on the use express
    settings and it also freezes on just a moment... so I'm stuck on the setup and I can't do anything

please help

muthanahodrob, Jun 1, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Onimir,

Moving the PC has probably disturbed or loosened an internal connection. Have him re-seat all of the plugs and cards in the motherboard and especially check the memory and graphics cards.

philc43, Jun 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 freezing on Setup - Similar Threads - freezing Setup

2. Windows Hello setup freezes with a blank screen after clicking "Set up"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello setup freezes with a blank screen after clicking "Set up": I am trying to setup Windows Hello Face recognition for the first time with a new Hello compatible web cam that I just got. It is a Nexigo Hellocam highly rated on Amazon. When I click on "Set up" under "Windows Hello Face" in the "Sign-in options" page in accounts setup, I...
  3. Windows Hello setup freezes with a blank screen after clicking "Set up"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello setup freezes with a blank screen after clicking "Set up": I am trying to setup Windows Hello Face recognition for the first time with a new Hello compatible web cam that I just got. It is a Nexigo Hellocam highly rated on Amazon. When I click on "Set up" under "Windows Hello Face" in the "Sign-in options" page in accounts setup, I...
  4. Windows Hello setup freezes with a blank screen after clicking "Set up"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 freezing with dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing with dual monitor setup: Hello,I have had a recurring issue for a few months now that is occurring on two different systems. As the title of this post describes, both monitors freeze up and don't allow for me to shutdown Windows 10 properly hold down the power button until the computer turns off....
  6. Windows 10 install freezes seconds into setup spinning dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install freezes seconds into setup spinning dots: I'm trying to install 10 to an old desktop that meets the required minimum specs. I've tried the media creation disk and rufus MBR format with the same results. Desktop is currently running 7....
  7. Windows freeze up and flicker in a dual screen setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freeze up and flicker in a dual screen setup: Issue: I recently bought a display tablet for drawing similar to Wacom drawing tablets, and tried to set up a dual-screen situation for my desktop. But since then there are occasions where the screen just freezes and starts to flicker with lines and colours, almost like I'm...
  8. Windows 10 Fresh Install Freezing at Various Points of Setup

Windows 10 Fresh Install Freezing at Various Points of Setup: I ran into some troubles on my PC not too long ago, so I decided to do a complete reinstallation of Windows to get it back in a working state. Using the Creation Tool, I installed Windows into a clean SSD (the same SSD that I reinstalled windows some time before) and...
  9. Windows freezes when setup restarted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows freezes when setup restarted: we built a PC and we plugged in the windows 10 installation usb. it would install normally but then when it automatically restarted in the installation it would deadlock on the boot screen. whenever we restart the computer now it does the same thing. if we try safe mode it...
  10. Trying to install Windows 10 but it freezes before the setup wizard

Trying to install Windows 10 but it freezes before the setup wizard: I just finished building my computer and I am trying to install Windows 10 onto it. I'm using a USB flash drive and I downloaded the ISO using the media creation tool via Microsoft's website and I created the install media using Rufus. When I plug my USB into the computer and...