Windows 10: Windows 10 freezing on SSD in Office, when I'm trying to attach some file

Discus and support Windows 10 freezing on SSD in Office, when I'm trying to attach some file in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! Can you help me something please? I have a problem with Win10x64 freezings on several notebooks ProBook 440 G5 and ProBook 430 G5 series.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dmitry010203, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 freezing on SSD in Office, when I'm trying to attach some file

Hello!

Can you help me something please?

I have a problem with Win10x64 freezings on several notebooks ProBook 440 G5 and ProBook 430 G5 series.

All notebooks have SSD disks, 440's initially and in 430's I put it by myself, system was installed two or one month ago for everyone notebooks.

So problems has arises when I'm working in the Office program 2007 and 2010 version and only if I'm trying to attaching some file(s) to excel file or outlook message and only if I did it through the "Attach file" or "Attach" -> "Object" buttons.

After that, the explorer opens without file list but only white windows into explore frame, the system freezing, mouse or touchpad and keyboard not responding and the only way for me to reboot the system is to force to push the power button.

This happens randomly and only with notebooks with SSD (at least same models with HDD works fine with this).

What I'm tried to do:

1) Reinstall the Office program

2) Made a fixed cache for disk

3) Use this command for diagnostic and repairing system

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

:)

Dmitry010203, Feb 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 mail crashes when trying to attach a file.

The problem persists but what I realised is that only MS office documents such as excel and word cause this freeze when I try to attach these type of documents/sheets to my email on Mail for Windows 10. Picture files and PDF's
    are getting attached without any issue. I have tried both the suggestions without any solution thus far.

RavneetSingh1, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Unable to attach documents to email error The following files couldn't be attached: IMG.pdf. Please try again later

Hi Mikalbe,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How are you accessing mail e.g. Mail app or Outlook?
    • Is the issue with a particular format of attachments?
    I suggest you to try attaching a different format of file and check if you are able to attach file and send mail. Also install all pending Windows updates and check. If the issue still persists follow the steps below.

App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run app troubleshooter for issues related to edge and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do let us know if you are able to attach files to email. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 freezing on SSD in Office, when I'm trying to attach some file

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 freezing on SSD in Office, when I'm trying to attach some file

1. Windows 10 freezing on SSD in Office, when I'm trying to attach some file - Similar Threads - freezing SSD Office

2. Windows 10 crashes when trying to attach a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 crashes when trying to attach a file: Whenever I need to attach a file whether through gmail, Slack, etc. -- any app where you can attach files it always crashes when in the file explorer view before I can even click on and attach the file. I don't have any third party antivirus programs, I've deleted suspicious...
  3. Windows 10 crashes when trying to attach a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 crashes when trying to attach a file: Whenever I need to attach a file whether through gmail, Slack, etc. -- any app where you can attach files it always crashes when in the file explorer view before I can even click on and attach the file. I don't have any third party antivirus programs, I've deleted suspicious...
  4. Windows 10 crashes when trying to attach a file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. File Explorer freezes in Windows 11 when I am trying to attach a file over Gmail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer freezes in Windows 11 when I am trying to attach a file over Gmail: Hello , Each time I try to attach a file over gmail , file explorer freezes or takes a lot of time to respond . It takes a lot of time to navigate across folders of the desktop or the PC drives . Earlier I was facing this issue when I click on the Downloads folder to attach a...
  6. File Explorer freezes in Windows 11 when I am trying to attach a file over Gmail

File Explorer freezes in Windows 11 when I am trying to attach a file over Gmail: Hello , Each time I try to attach a file over gmail , file explorer freezes or takes a lot of time to respond . It takes a lot of time to navigate across folders of the desktop or the PC drives . Earlier I was facing this issue when I click on the Downloads folder to attach a...
  7. I'm trying to attach a file to an on line form but when i type the file name it doesn't...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm trying to attach a file to an on line form but when i type the file name it doesn't...: And when I try to do it another way by having the file open and sharing it , the message comes up MAPI error. So I went on line to look up what this is and how to fix it. It says to restart laptop and start Outlook Express and go into tool menu, only I can't see the tool...
  8. Attaching office files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Attaching office files: I cannot attach office files to emails. 1 It does not matter if it is outlook online or app, gmail or any other browser type. It does not matter which browser Edge, IE, Chrome, Firefox have all been tried. 2 I can attach other types of files such as pdf's and jpegs. 3...
  9. browser freezes when attaching excel file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    browser freezes when attaching excel file: no matter which browser I use it freezes when I open an excel file to attach to an email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browser-freezes-when-attaching-excel-file/499bc624-8794-4938-9ef2-7409d76fc6b0
  10. Windows 10 mail crashes when trying to attach a file.

Windows 10 mail crashes when trying to attach a file.: My windows 10 pre-installed with Lenivo Yoga laptop came with Mail app pee installed. Whenever i try to attach an excel or word file to my mail the app freezes and i have to force quit the app. This ruins an otherwise excellent app. I have tried reinstalling the mail and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. office freezing when attaching files

2. chrome attach files freeze window

3. how to close outlook when stuck trying to attach file

4. computer locks up when i try to attach to email,
  5. freezing when attaching ms office files online,
  6. windows 10 unable to attach files to email system,
  7. windows freezes when trying to attach file to e-mail error,
  8. windows freezes when trying to attach file to e-mail i/u,
  9. windows 10 locks up when trying to attach a file in outlook