Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezing on Using Internet on Any Browser

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezing on Using Internet on Any Browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just updated to Windows 10 on a brand new hard drive because the old one with Windows 7 was going bad. It was compatible and everything was fine. This... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Allidoisace, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Freezing on Using Internet on Any Browser

Just updated to Windows 10 on a brand new hard drive because the old one with Windows 7 was going bad. It was compatible and everything was fine. This has been absolute hell for my business when I get on the internet on any browser the computer locks up, first the screen then the mouse. Forced to shut off the computer and that doesn't mean when I go back on the internet it doesn't do it again. I've checked all drivers for updating, stress tests, virus scanning and the problem proceeds to happen. I have messed with the Fast boot and starting in Safe Mode (Doesn't happen in safe mode), however the problem still occurs on a Clean Boot (No apps on startup besides the generic). No idea what to do.

:)

Allidoisace, Jul 5, 2016

2. Can't access any internet sites on any browser on windows 10 platform

I am not able to access any of the internet sites on windows 10 platform, except very few like msn or Microsoft (occasionally) while using any of the browsers like edge, crome, Mozilla etc. Really getting stuck up in the middle of work. I have tried all
    tricks and measures as per community answers but all in vein

Pls assist

Subodh Gupte, Jul 5, 2016
  3. JoeNamco Win User
    Can't access any internet sites on any browser on windows 10 platform

Did you read the posting that is pinned to the top of this forum?

JoeNamco, Jul 5, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Windows 10 Freezing on Using Internet on Any Browser

If you did an upgrade, there are issues when the upgrade moves stuff over from the old OS folder to the new one. Only way to fix is do a Clean Install. That means downloading and burning either to a USB key or DVD the Windows 10 ISO that you can download from Microsoft.com.

bro67, Jul 5, 2016
  5. It is a brand new install.....there is no previous OS because I installed from a USB on the new hard drive.

Allidoisace, Jul 5, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Did you also turn off the Gateway to flush the IP tables and any old information that it could be retaining from when the computer had the previous OS.

If you are running any kind of third party security software, try turning it off by disabling. Are there any other computers or devices in the house that are experiencing the same issue? What browser are you using?

bro67, Jul 5, 2016
  7. Dont know how to turn off the gateway....no other compurers are experiencing the same issue at the business. I said it happens on all browsers.

Allidoisace, Jul 5, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

You unplug the gateway, which is your modem that you have to get Internet.

bro67, Jul 5, 2016
  9. So, just unplug my modem. Plug it back in?

Allidoisace, Jul 5, 2016
  10. spunk Win User
    Unplug the Modem and the Router if two separate devices. Wait 15 seconds and Plug the modem in first then the router. Then restart the troubled computer. When all the lights come back on the Router and Modem, try it again.
    If this doesn't help, go to Start/Search and type CMD, Right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing system files.

spunk, Jul 5, 2016
  11. Okay I will try this when I get the chance.

Edit: I appreciate your help thus far by the way.

Allidoisace, Jul 5, 2016
  12. Nothing wrong...except recently it froze on the login screen to windows after turning it on. So, this is completely separate from the browser/network.

Allidoisace, Jul 15, 2016
  13. spunk Win User

Try a Clean Boot. If that works, then add one startup item at a time and reboot each time, when the behavior returns, you will know what the problematic program is.

spunk, Jul 15, 2016
  14. Tried that already and did not work.

Allidoisace, Jul 15, 2016
  15. spunk Win User
    spunk, Jul 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Freezing on Using Internet on Any Browser - Similar Threads - Freezing Using Internet

2. Internet not loading any apps or browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet not loading any apps or browser.: I turned on smart app control in windows 11.After that internet is not working on any app,and no browser is working.I also turned off smart app control,but problem persists....
  3. Internet not loading any apps or browser.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet not loading any apps or browser.: I turned on smart app control in windows 11.After that internet is not working on any app,and no browser is working.I also turned off smart app control,but problem persists....
  4. Internet Browsers Freezing Performance Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Browsers Freezing Performance Issues: Hey,I purchased an Asus Laptop a few days, and I'm facing serious and weird issues with the laptop performance from day 1 on both OS Windows 10 & 11.Whenever I open an Internet Browser it freezes after few minutes. Chrome - freezes after 2-5 minutes of usage, Edge - freezes...
  5. Internet Browsers Freezing Performance Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Browsers Freezing Performance Issues: Hey,I purchased an Asus Laptop a few days, and I'm facing serious and weird issues with the laptop performance from day 1 on both OS Windows 10 & 11.Whenever I open an Internet Browser it freezes after few minutes. Chrome - freezes after 2-5 minutes of usage, Edge - freezes...
  6. Windows 10 Freezing when using browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezing when using browser: My windows 10 freezing is freezing specially when using browser, I have tried several methods to fix this, to pinpoint the problem whether it's software or hardware failureDevice Model: ASUS TUF FX505DY-AL117TNotes:> Windows 10 will freeze after a few minutes of browsing in...
  7. Windows 10 pc freezes when using any browser

Windows 10 pc freezes when using any browser: I have a pc that i use for gaming and school, and just recently after making no changes, when i open any browser my entire computer freezes randomly for about 3-5 seconds every 1-3 hours. Ive tried many different scans and checks and my hardware seems to be fine and I dont...
  8. Windows 10 Home - When using any browser constantly loses internet

Windows 10 Home - When using any browser constantly loses internet: I have not had this issue before. I bought a Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home a little over a month ago. Since I bought it I have had this issue and cannot find a work around. Due to various online programs I use, I have to have Chrome, Firefox and IE. While using either of...
  9. Windows 10 browsers are not connecting to internet but any else is...

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 browsers are not connecting to internet but any else is...: So Im using my mobile data on my pc with usb modem ofc and so now randomly (couldv been after update) chrome or any other browser doesnt take internet connection, youtube page worked in chrome buy anything else no. Other apps like steam works well with net and even games do...
  10. Windows 10 browsers are not connecting to internet but any else is...

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 browsers are not connecting to internet but any else is...: So Im using my mobile data on my pc with usb modem ofc and so now randomly (couldv been after update) chrome or any other browser doesnt take internet connection, youtube page worked in chrome buy anything else no. Other apps like steam works well with net and even games do...