Windows 10: Windows 10 freezing on welcome or login screen, mouse and keyboard wont work either

Discus and support Windows 10 freezing on welcome or login screen, mouse and keyboard wont work either in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My pc boots up normally but when I get to the welcome screen it takes a longer time than it did before to take me to the login screen. Then at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SergioMR79, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 freezing on welcome or login screen, mouse and keyboard wont work either

My pc boots up normally but when I get to the welcome screen it takes a longer time than it did before to take me to the login screen. Then at the login screen it just freezes and wont let me use my mouse or keyboard ive noticed that my cursor displays a loading icon before freezing it seems like it does completely freeze because the time wont even change.

Ive already tried going into safe mode and the other advanced recovery options but it keeps asking me for the admin password when I used my account pin and Im sure it was what I have in mind but it wont accept it, Ive also tried my mail password but it wont work either. I would prefer if I didnt have to reinstall windows since I have a lot of important college files in there.

:)

SergioMR79, Nov 6, 2020
  2. XDCash Win User

Windows 10 Login Screen - Not recognizes any keyboard and mouse

Windows 10 Login Screen not recognizes to ANY keyboard and mouse (both wired and wireless) but when power up to start up and the keyboard is working fine before login screen.

BUT - I am able to enter BIOS (keyboard working fine) and Acer Recovery Program (pressed by ALT + F10) and both keyboard and mouse working fine.

ONLY Login Screen not working where I have to type in password to unlock screen, however the keyboard’s number lock light went off when got on that screen, before that - it was light on while I am on BIOS and Recovery Program.

This not even make sense.

However, I tried those list.

• System restore (failed third times).
    • Refresh PC (failed).
    • Startup Repair (failed).
    • Tried go on safe mode but keyboard and mouse not recognizing.
    • I tried unplug both usb and restart without it until login screen open and reconnect both keyboard and mouse, still not recognizing.

I tried everything, seem nothing work at the login screen.

Any advice?

XDCash, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Bazz Win User
    Login in prompt will not show, keyboard and mouse wont work.

Try powering off the router and then boot.

Bazz, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 freezing on welcome or login screen, mouse and keyboard wont work either

Login in prompt will not show, keyboard and mouse wont work.

I'm stick on the below screen. My keyboard and mouse will not respond. I don't get a login prompt. The time is correct and the little icon in the bottom right indicates if my Ethernet cable is connected.

Windows 10 freezing on welcome or login screen, mouse and keyboard wont work either [​IMG]

I had Window 7. I used the microsoft provided upgrade to install windows 10. The process seemed to have completed successfully. I was able to get a login prompt once and successfully logged in. I opted to not send any information to microsoft at the initial propts. I got to my desktop, everything seemed to be working ok. I thought there were a few startup apps I didn't need in my tray. So I turned off auto startup on login for OneDrive, Skype, and my logitech camera. I restarted and now I get stuck at this screen.

The time updates correctly over time, its not frozen. I can plugin/unplug the Ethernet cable and the little icon in the bottom right will change to indicate if it has internet. I can press the power button on my computer and it correctly interprets that as a shutdown command and it gracefully shuts down.

My mouse/keyboard wont work. They used to work fine. I am able to use the mouse/keyboard in my BIOS with out a problem. However the moment the system starts to load, the lights on my keyboard and mouse go out and they become unresponsive. I tried various combinations of pluging the USB keyboard/mouse into different ports. I tried using different mouses and keyboards. I tried disabling legacy USB support in the BIOS. Nothing helps.

I tried getting into safe mode but can't. Most solutions to get into safe mode require your system to already be working correctly. Holding F8 or F8+Shift don't help.

I'm currently installing windows 10 on my lap top so I can try to create a restore disk. Which should then allow me to go into safe mode and try to repair what ever has gone wrong.

My computer is sporting an i7 with 16 gigs of memory. I use a 128gb SSD for my system and have 3 other hard drives for various data storage. No other OS installed. The computer has been functioning fine for the last two years.

I'm a software engineer with 5 years of professional experience and I've been building my own computers.

Thema:

Windows 10 freezing on welcome or login screen, mouse and keyboard wont work either

1. Windows 10 freezing on welcome or login screen, mouse and keyboard wont work either - Similar Threads - freezing welcome login

2. Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.: After the latest windows 10 update my keyboard and mouse are no longer working. This makes me unable to type in my password at the windows login screen. When I boot to BIOS the mouse and keyboard are working, and if I boot to the windows troubleshoot screen they work as well....
  3. Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.: After the latest windows 10 update my keyboard and mouse are no longer working. This makes me unable to type in my password at the windows login screen. When I boot to BIOS the mouse and keyboard are working, and if I boot to the windows troubleshoot screen they work as well....
  4. Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Keyboard and mouse wont work on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse wont work on login screen: It is as the title says, i cant use my keyboard or my mouse therefore not allowing me to do anything at the login screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-wont-work-on-login-screen/4a8f705d-a0ec-447e-8fda-430c633ca533
  6. Keyboard and mouse wont work on login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse wont work on login screen: It is as the title says, i cant use my keyboard or my mouse therefore not allowing me to do anything at the login screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-wont-work-on-login-screen/4a8f705d-a0ec-447e-8fda-430c633ca533
  7. Keyboard and mouse wont work on login screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Mouse and keyboard not working at Windows login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and keyboard not working at Windows login screen: Decided to reboot my PC today in an attempt to resolve un unrelated problem, but upon reboot I found myself unable to login to Windows because my mouse and keyboard appear complitely unresponsive. They both work just fine in BIOS and I tried fiddling aroung the USB settings...
  9. Login screen wont show up on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login screen wont show up on welcome screen: So whenever I press any button or slide up with my mouse button it does not show up with the login screen. There is no power button on the welcome screen so I cant do a safe mode troubleshoot ----------------------------------- http:/youtu.be/o/MCRamgJgg heres how it...
  10. Login in prompt will not show, keyboard and mouse wont work.

in Windows 10 Support
    Login in prompt will not show, keyboard and mouse wont work.: I'm stick on the below screen. My keyboard and mouse will not respond. I don't get a login prompt. The time is correct and the little icon in the bottom right indicates if my Ethernet cable is connected. [img] I had Window 7. I used the microsoft provided upgrade to...