Windows 10: Windows 10 freezing overnight or left unattended and mouse or escape icons not working

Discus and support Windows 10 freezing overnight or left unattended and mouse or escape icons not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On my Asus windows 10 upgraded from 7 the mouse is sometimes frozen when left on overnight and even escape or alt buttons or any keyboard button doesnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NileRemsing, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Windows 10 freezing overnight or left unattended and mouse or escape icons not working

On my Asus windows 10 upgraded from 7 the mouse is sometimes frozen when left on overnight and even escape or alt buttons or any keyboard button doesnt work and i have to shut diwn and wait and turn on. It does work but i am afraid it just wont turn back on. Please help.

:)

NileRemsing, Jan 18, 2021

2. Windows 10 Mouse left click only randomly works

Hi,

Provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about the issue you're experiencing with your mouse device:

• Is your Windows 10 up-to-date?
    • Are your drivers updated? If not yet, you can follow the steps found on this
      link
      on how to update your drivers in Windows 10.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to find and repair the problems with your devices and hardware.

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Choose Large icons from the View by dropdown list found at the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate then click Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps on how to run the troubleshooter.
    Note: Make sure that you have administrator rights before running the troubleshooter.

Let us know the outcome after running the troubleshooter.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    left mouse buttion not working

Thanks for all these helpful information, Glen. First step that we can try is to isolate if this is a hardware or software issue.

If your keyboard is connected via USB, have you tried plugging it to a different USB port and still get the same results? If you have other working mouse, try it onto your PC and see if the issue will persist and let us know.

As for the software side, check if your drivers are updated to the latest version, particularly with the
    mouse driver. If that didn't fix the issue, follow the steps listed below to perform Windows 10 Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter:

• Ttype Troubleshooting on the Cortana search box and hit the Enter key.
    • Click View All located on the top left corner of the control Panel window.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Run the troubleshooter.

Try out these steps and let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Windows 10 freezing overnight or left unattended and mouse or escape icons not working

Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 freezing overnight or left unattended and mouse or escape icons not working

1. Windows 10 freezing overnight or left unattended and mouse or escape icons not working - Similar Threads - freezing overnight left

2. Blue screen if left unattended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen if left unattended: Hello. Recently I frequently get blue screens when I leave my computer inactive for 30 minutes to an hour. Also, on rare occasions, it freezes while browsing. For some strange reason this has never happened during a game. When I check the stop code, it is often...
  3. Blue screen if left unattended

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen if left unattended: Hello. Recently I frequently get blue screens when I leave my computer inactive for 30 minutes to an hour. Also, on rare occasions, it freezes while browsing. For some strange reason this has never happened during a game. When I check the stop code, it is often...
  4. Blue screen if left unattended

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse freezes to top left is screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse freezes to top left is screen: My mouse jumps to the top left of my screen and I can not get it to leave there or click anywhere else. Sometimes I can move it for a second, but it jumps right back up to the top left. I have to turn my computer off and back on to fix it. Windows 11 home edition....
  6. Windows 10 freezes if left unattended - then it starts working again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes if left unattended - then it starts working again: Hello I am continuously experiencing the following issue. I turn on my PC, log in to Windows 10 and everything is awesome. I then leave the PC unattended, without moving the mouse cursor and when I get back to the computer, the cursor still moves but the PC is in a "pre...
  7. Windows 10 crashing when left unattended.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 crashing when left unattended.: I have been through the Driver Verify procedure and uploaded the dumps and msinfo details to https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cqki5geYU3jfe9dXOfiGbxNthu1HlbZ1/view?usp=sharing Many thanks Pete Harrison...
  8. Windows 10 freezes/deadlocks after being left idle overnight

Windows 10 freezes/deadlocks after being left idle overnight: I basically have the same problem as many others on this forum. The odd thing about my PC is each day when I come home from work and click on something browser left open overnight it takes sometimes minutes to react - if I'm very patient, and keep browsing, eventually it...
  9. Windows 10 Freezes But Mouse Works

Windows 10 Freezes But Mouse Works: Hi, First thing first I'm not a windows fan I never was (XP was pretty great though but every version after that felt like cr*p it's like MS wanted to make good money after XP instead of software) well anyways so I bought a HP Probook 6460b "Used" a few weeks ago. [ATTACH]...
  10. Computer freezing overnight

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer freezing overnight: I've got a problem that I can't seem to figure out. . I leave my computers on 24/7. I never shut them down. Well, about 3-4 times each week, i'll wake up of a morning and one of my computers freezes over night. The other computer NEVER does it. Have any idea what could be the...