Windows 10: Windows 10: freezing, spontaneous reboots and blue screen errors

Discus and support Windows 10: freezing, spontaneous reboots and blue screen errors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My ASUS Strix has been having issues lately in the form of some combination of the following: The computer will freeze and not accept any input, if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Elliot Pitter (el229457), Jul 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10: freezing, spontaneous reboots and blue screen errors

My ASUS Strix has been having issues lately in the form of some combination of the following:

• The computer will freeze and not accept any input, if there was audio playing at the time I get to hear the last fraction of a second of it on repeat until I turn the computer off.
    • The computer will spontaneously restart, sometimes it freezes when trying to start up again and I'll have to turn it off and on manually.
    • I will get blue screen errors with the following stop codes. In order of frequency:
      • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
      • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
      • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
      • DIR
    When the issue started I had not installed any new software or drivers. Since then I have made sure my drivers are up to date, checked for malware and ran the memory diagnostic tool. Nothing has changed. And for whatever reason I haven't had any of these issues while playing graphics heavy video games.

:)

Elliot Pitter (el229457), Jul 1, 2019

2. Computer Freezes Then Blue Screen

Hello,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the steps on this article
    on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Error. Blue Screen

Hi,

In addition to the above mentioned solutions by Community members, I would like to add the following:

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10: freezing, spontaneous reboots and blue screen errors

blue screen issue

after monthes of running system it was fine then on windows 7 it blue screened after looking it over myself and getting advice from local pc shop they suggest upgrading os will fix the issue so I upgraded to win 8.1 and along followed the blue screens now again upgrading after more advice I'm on win 10 and the bluescreens followed as a bad pool error rebooting I have included the requested report please help as spending the $150 the local pc shop wants is my next step

bigonexeon, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: freezing, spontaneous reboots and blue screen errors

1. Windows 10: freezing, spontaneous reboots and blue screen errors - Similar Threads - freezing spontaneous reboots

2. Windows 11 periodic and spontaneous reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 periodic and spontaneous reboots: I am looking for help identifying the cause of periodic spontaneous reboots that generate the "unexpected previous system shutdown" system event message. The system is a Lenovo Desktop running Window 11 that has been spontaneously rebooting 1 - 2 times a day.I enabled the...
  3. Windows 11 periodic and spontaneous reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 periodic and spontaneous reboots: I am looking for help identifying the cause of periodic spontaneous reboots that generate the "unexpected previous system shutdown" system event message. The system is a Lenovo Desktop running Window 11 that has been spontaneously rebooting 1 - 2 times a day.I enabled the...
  4. Lots of BSOD errors and spontaneous reboots Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lots of BSOD errors and spontaneous reboots Windows 10: Lots of BSOD errors and spontaneous reboots Since a few weeks I have been having a lot of bsod errors and spontaneous reboots, the error codes are varied and do not seem to be associated with a particular software or driver. I have already done the bsod troubleshooting...
  5. Spontaneous Reboot Windows 10

Spontaneous Reboot Windows 10: Frequently Experiencing spontaneous reboots where the screen will completely black out for around 3 seconds, then it will boot to the motherboard's screen. I recently replaced my power supply thinking that would solve the issue and it ran smoothly for a good many months but...
  6. Windows spontaneously reboots

Windows spontaneously reboots: Windows 10 spontaneously reboots without an error message on screen or in the logs. I've reinstalled all drivers, replaced components, added cooling, removed GPU, removed tablet, removed Wi-FI card, run system, memory, and CPU tests, repaired window, and re-installed windows....
  7. Fortnite freezing spontaneously!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fortnite freezing spontaneously!: Only game I am playing at the moment is Fortnite and I can play normally up until all of a sudden the game freezes and crashes. . I have a low end computer and learnt from a previous thread of mine (...
  8. Windows 10 Freezing - no blue screen - no error code

Windows 10 Freezing - no blue screen - no error code: For the past couple of months, my machine has been experiencing persistent freezes. What happens is that while in the middle of doing something (gaming etc.) the mouse will stop moving, the screen locks, and then a few seconds later the monitor goes into sleep mode. The...
  9. Spontaneous Freezing?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Spontaneous Freezing?: Hi! I have recently upgraded my HP Laptop (of around 4 years old) to Windows 10 from 7. I have had very little to no problems while using it regularly and normally. However, as of today my laptop proceeds to freeze out of nowhere which lasts from a few seconds to a few...
  10. Spontaneous crashes / reboots

in Windows 10 Support
    Spontaneous crashes / reboots: Hi All, I’ll start with a potential apology – my W10 PC is crashing – but not with a blue screen. I’m posting here because I couldn’t see anywhere more appropriate. [EDIT - there obviously was a more appropriate place & I see this post has been moved. Thankyou whoever...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blue screen and spontaneous shutdown