Windows 10: windows 10 freezing with certain programs

Discus and support windows 10 freezing with certain programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently every time I utilize certain programs, like Realists, my laptop freezes. Windows 10 and a one year old Lenovo laptop. Also running a little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChrisVeech, Nov 20, 2018.

1. windows 10 freezing with certain programs

Recently every time I utilize certain programs, like Realists, my laptop freezes. Windows 10 and a one year old Lenovo laptop. Also running a little slowly these days.

:)

ChrisVeech, Nov 20, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 22, 2018
  4. windows 10 freezing with certain programs

Is There a Fix to Windows 10 Explorer/program freezing and crashing?

Hi Dakota,

It is possible that one of your installed programs may be interfering with the smooth functioning of explorer.exe. There are certain steps that we can do to troubleshoot this issue. Let's follow the methods provided by Abdul_Malik on this

link
    and see if this will resolve your issue.

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 freezing with certain programs

1. windows 10 freezing with certain programs - Similar Threads - freezing certain programs

2. Can't interact with certain Windows Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't interact with certain Windows Programs: Hi! For some reason I'm unable to click on some Microsoft apps with my mouse. I can use my keyboard to interact with them but, nothing with my mouse. For example, Power Toys loads up but, I can't click on anything! All I can do is move the window around but I can't click on...
  3. Can't interact with certain Windows Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't interact with certain Windows Programs: Hi! For some reason I'm unable to click on some Microsoft apps with my mouse. I can use my keyboard to interact with them but, nothing with my mouse. For example, Power Toys loads up but, I can't click on anything! All I can do is move the window around but I can't click on...
  4. Windows lags and shutters in certain programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows lags and shutters in certain programs: Hello, I’ve recently build a very powerful machine and in the next few days after that I had some really annoying/weird problems going on: - I installed photoshop and ccleaner and when I open these specific softwares I experience some sort of lag, as if my mouse cursor goes...
  5. Certain windows programs not opening

Certain windows programs not opening: No apps opening that ive downloaded online, and certain windows programs are not opening, i think it might be an issue with Java but ive tried to repair it and its still not fixed. Discord and my browsers work....
  6. Windows 10 freezing after certain period of time

Windows 10 freezing after certain period of time: Hello, I had Windows 7 for very long ammount of time and I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 around 7-10 days ago. However after I upgraded to Windows 10 this started happening, it never happened while I had Windows 7. Computer runs normally without any problem but its just...
  7. Windows not opening certain programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not opening certain programs: My computer is having an issue where there are certain programs that when I try to launch them, the hourglass icon appears next to the cursor for a second, then goes away and acts like nothing happened. It is only happening on certain programs, such as the office programs...
  8. Program freezes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program freezes in Windows 10: I have a problem with Windows 10 freezing. When I'm using Family Tree Maker program and Ancestry.com with a split screen, one window or both will freeze. I have to say this is not limited to only FTM program but others as well. When I open the Task Manager it shows a high...
  9. PC Freezes for 1-2 seconds when launching certain programs

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Freezes for 1-2 seconds when launching certain programs: The PC would freeze for a few seconds when I open certain programs the first time after waking the PC from sleep. It would not freeze if I open the program again after the first time, until I sleep the PC again. Programs that would freeze are e.g. MPC, Potplayer, etc....
  10. Windows 10: Programs freeze/windows 10 freeze

Windows 10: Programs freeze/windows 10 freeze: Hi guys. I've had this problem since the start of February, where my google, Counterstrike:Global Offensive (Steam game) or many other programs would just freeze or, my windows would entirely freeze. Sometimes I would launch google and my google won't open, I would try to...