Windows 10: Windows 10 frequent crash on video playing

Discus and support Windows 10 frequent crash on video playing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been using current desktop and Windows 10 for more than a year. Recently it starts crashing frequently when playing video youtube as it's the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WoodL_124, Aug 22, 2020.

1. WoodL_124 Win User

Windows 10 frequent crash on video playing

I have been using current desktop and Windows 10 for more than a year. Recently it starts crashing frequently when playing video youtube as it's the only video source I've been frequently using like once every few days.

Configured the system dump but it doesn't create the file on every crash. Attached here the latest dumps.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rKXupjyaKsamTOXcPBUbPUdgobbwW1PK/view?usp=sharing

It indicates it's something wrong with Broadcom WiFi Driver wireless driver, but it actually happens only during video youtube play. I can't relate the wifi driver with video?

I thought it's something to do with video so I've done following:

- update browser / switch to different browser

- disable hardware acceleration

- update adobe flash

- update to latest driver using Intel Driver & Support Assistant

- system restore to like 2 months ago

But the crash is still happening.

FYI, my desktop is HP Compaq Elite 8300 All-in-one, and the display is on board Intel HD Graphics.

Is it a driver / application issue?

If it's a hardware issue, should I install a new display card, or get a new wifi card / dongle?

Any comment is appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

:)

WoodL_124, Aug 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 frequent crash on video playing

windows 10 crash while playing a video

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue may occur if the video/graphic drivers are corrupted.

1) Have you installed the latest video drivers for the PC?

2) Does this issue occur only while playing videos?

I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    I suggest you to run the Hardware and device troubleshooter and check.

• Type “troubleshooting” in the search box and click on
      troubleshooter

• In the left pane, click on View all

• Now click on Hardware and device and follow the on screen instruction.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 frequent crash on video playing

1. Windows 10 frequent crash on video playing - Similar Threads - frequent crash video

2. Frequent crashes while playing video games. LSA package not signed as expected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent crashes while playing video games. LSA package not signed as expected: So i have been randomly crashing in games that really shouldnt.My specs are a 3080, i9 10900k, 64g ddr4 ram im running memtest64 as you read this. I have tried alot of stuff but it always comes down to this stupid LSA package not signed, some screenshots down below, its in...
  3. Frequent crashes while playing video games. LSA package not signed as expected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent crashes while playing video games. LSA package not signed as expected: So i have been randomly crashing in games that really shouldnt.My specs are a 3080, i9 10900k, 64g ddr4 ram im running memtest64 as you read this. I have tried alot of stuff but it always comes down to this stupid LSA package not signed, some screenshots down below, its in...
  4. Windows 10 crashes frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashes frequently: I got a Dell laptop and Windows 10 crashes frequently. After lots of troubleshooting, Dell has recommended that I reinstall Windows.Is it possible for Microsoft to diagnose these crashes?Does Microsoft offer any support? I contacted support and they pointed me to some...
  5. Video is Frequently stopping and playing in vlc and youtube

Video is Frequently stopping and playing in vlc and youtube: I have tried to reset the laptop but the problem is still there laptop Model :-Hp pavillion gaming laptop 15-dk0xxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-is-frequently-stopping-and-playing-in-vlc/695544e2-0f46-4fcf-a0e4-e3a0312bb321
  6. Frequent BSOD when playing video games

Frequent BSOD when playing video games: In the past month I have been experiencing BSOD crashes within ~15 minutes of starting up a moderately resource intensive video game. My specs Mobo - Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI-CF CPU - Intel i5-6500 GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070 RAM - Teamgroup-UD4-2400 2x8GB SSD - Sandisk SDSSDA 480GB...
  7. Windows 10 crash when playing video games

Windows 10 crash when playing video games: Hello, I need some help with my computer because this is the second time this has occurred within this week but the first time crashing the computer. I mostly use my computer for gaming and surfing the internet. A few days ago, while I was playing my game, the game suddenly...
  8. Windows 10 pc crashes when playing videos

Windows 10 pc crashes when playing videos: Hi. My windows 10 pc has been crashing lately when I play videos but it's kind of specific. It only has problems with videos on my hard drive. It plays videos online fine. It can even play some videos on my pc fine as long as itunes can open them. But if I use windows players...
  9. Windows 10 crashing frequently

Windows 10 crashing frequently: Have you tried putting the other ram stick in just to confirm the fault?
  10. Windows 10 crashing while playing youtube videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 crashing while playing youtube videos: Hi All, I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since the upgrade I have been having problems with Windows 10 installation. The latest among these is that Windows 10 crashes after playing youtube videos for sometime with BSOD. In the message it says...