Windows 10: Windows 10 frequently fails to see computers on Ethernet network

Discus and support Windows 10 frequently fails to see computers on Ethernet network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a mix of Windows computers connected peer-to-peer through an SMC 16-port switch. Frequently the Win 10 machines fail to 'see' other PCs on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MTC-cadmaster, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 frequently fails to see computers on Ethernet network

I have a mix of Windows computers connected peer-to-peer through an SMC 16-port switch. Frequently the Win 10 machines fail to 'see' other PCs on the network - the Win 7 and XP machines can see all the others and transfer files between them. One of the Win 10 machines can see the other Win 10 PC but does not appear on that one.

How can I change settings so that all my computers can see and share with all the others?

Win 10 seems to think that everyone uses only wifi.

Networking in all versions of Windows has never been clear or intuitive, Win10 is by far the worst.

Is there any software that would simplify this procedure?

:)

MTC-cadmaster, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 frequently fails to see computers on Ethernet network

1. Windows 10 frequently fails to see computers on Ethernet network - Similar Threads - frequently fails computers

2. frequent network disconnection via ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frequent network disconnection via ethernet cable: Good evening, I constantly disconnects about every 2 minutes the connection via ethernet cable. I don't know how to solve it, I have already reset the network card, changed the modem, changed the ethernet cable, changed the usb c - ethernet adapter, only by changing the...
  3. frequent network disconnection via ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frequent network disconnection via ethernet cable: Good evening, I constantly disconnects about every 2 minutes the connection via ethernet cable. I don't know how to solve it, I have already reset the network card, changed the modem, changed the ethernet cable, changed the usb c - ethernet adapter, only by changing the...
  4. Cannot see all computers on network - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see all computers on network - Windows 10: On my local network, over and over only 4 computers show up in the Network tab, despite the fact that there are twice as many, including one Linux computer with Samba share. Other PCs are able to see them too, only my PC cannot see them.I have tried all the suggestions here:...
  5. Cannot see all computer on network - Windows 10

Cannot see all computer on network - Windows 10: On my local network, over and over only 4 computers show up in the Network tab, despite the fact that there are twice as many, including one Linux computer with Samba share. Other PCs are able to see them too, only my PC cannot see them.I have tried all the suggestions here:...
  6. Cannot see all computer on network - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot see all computer on network - Windows 10: On my local network, over and over only 4 computers show up in the Network tab, despite the fact that there are twice as many, including one Linux computer with Samba share. Other PCs are able to see them too, only my PC cannot see them.I have tried all the suggestions here:...
  7. Can't see computers on Windows 10 network

Can't see computers on Windows 10 network: I have 3 (PC1, PC2 & PC3) desktop computers all running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. Each are directly connected to a Linksys Hub which then connects to the router. On PC1, when I click on Network I see under Computers PC2 and under Media Drives I see PC1, PC2 & PC3 On PC2,...
  8. Can't see computers on Windows 10 network

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't see computers on Windows 10 network: I have 3 (PC1, PC2 & PC3) desktop computers all running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. Each are directly connected to a Linksys Hub which then connects to the router. On PC1, when I click on Network I see under Computers PC2 and under Media Drives I see PC1, PC2 & PC3 On PC2,...
  9. Windows 10 Not Seeing Other Computers on Private Network

Windows 10 Not Seeing Other Computers on Private Network: I have a friend who has a laptop and a PC, both running Win10. I recently upgraded them to build 2004. Neither can see the other on the private network anymore. Network Discovery is turn on for both for private networks. I compared a lot of the network settings against my...
  10. Windows 10 does not see other network computers

Windows 10 does not see other network computers: There are 5 computers on this network, 4 running Windows 10 and 1 running Windows 7. The primary Windows 10 computer does not see anything on the network. All the other computers see all the network devices, including this primary computer. All settings in Network and...