Windows 10: Windows 10 Fresh Install - Driver Missing Coming from Mac

Discus and support Windows 10 Fresh Install - Driver Missing Coming from Mac in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Coming from using a Mac and I'm trying to install Windows 10 64 bit on my new build but getting error: "A media driver your computer needs is missing"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by asherboy, Feb 15, 2021.

1. asherboy Win User

Windows 10 Fresh Install - Driver Missing Coming from Mac

Coming from using a Mac and I'm trying to install Windows 10 64 bit on my new build but getting error:

"A media driver your computer needs is missing" or "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing"

I'm expecting to see a product activation screen here.

Here is my build:

MOBO: GIGABYTE B550 VISION D AM4 ATXCPU: AMD AMD RYZEN 9 3900X WRAITHPGPU: EVGA GT710 2GB HSF LP DVH PC Only GPU leftMEM: G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3600 TRZ RGBHD1: SAMSUNG E 500GB 970EVO+NVME M.2 SSDHD2: SEAGATE 2TB BARRACUDA 3.5" HD

1. I download the Windows ISO file on my Mac from - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

2. Transferred the ISO file to various USBs using this method - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhgjqbq_zYA&feature=youtu.be

3. Booted my PC with USB and going through Windows 10 load screen and getting error at this point.

4. Have tried switching to various USB ports. Tried on 2.0, 3.0, 3.2 ports and rebooting with no luck.

5. Updated my MOBO through BIOS and no luck here as well.

I formatted my USB using Disk Utility on my Mac to ExFat and after taking steps from step #2 above, it is now:

Universal Disk Format UDF

Would it be better for me to try to download Windows 10 on a PC and transfer to USB? Is downloading Windows 10 from a Mac causing this issue?

I feel like I'm running out of options or have missed some important step.

Currently transferring to what I think is a USB 2.0 as this was one solution I came across.

Looking for any kind of help, thanks in advance!

:)

asherboy, Feb 15, 2021

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Feb 15, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Fresh Install - Driver Missing Coming from Mac - Similar Threads - Fresh Install Driver

2. Fresh install- A media driver your computer needs is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh install- A media driver your computer needs is missing: When using the Windows media installation tool to install a fresh copy of windows for a desktop computer I just built with AMD mother board I keep getting a message saying a media driver your computer needs is missing.I’ve tried multiple things but still can’t get it to go to...
  3. Fresh install- A media driver your computer needs is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh install- A media driver your computer needs is missing: When using the Windows media installation tool to install a fresh copy of windows for a desktop computer I just built with AMD mother board I keep getting a message saying a media driver your computer needs is missing.I’ve tried multiple things but still can’t get it to go to...
  4. Fresh install- A media driver your computer needs is missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Drivers is missing after fresh installation of Windows in New ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers is missing after fresh installation of Windows in New ssd: hi, after fresh installation of windows DVD/CD driver is missing in my laptop. How to download drivers, and how to check, weather my laptop is detecting the CD/DVD hardware..? thank you, krishna....
  6. Windows 10 installation missing drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installation missing drivers: So I recently tried installing windows 10 on a hardrive and I accidentally installed in on my so my hardrive got messed up so I had to install windows 10 on a usb flash drive. And I tried installing it on my pc but it always says “a media driver your computer needs is...
  7. windows 10 fresh install "A media driver your computer needs is missing"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 fresh install "A media driver your computer needs is missing": i'm trying to install windows 10 on new pc through a usb with windows 10 on it created on Etcher on mac but keeps coming up with "a media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB, or HardDisk Driver. If you have a cd, dvd or usb flash drive with the...
  8. Winload.efi is missing after fresh install of Windows 10

Winload.efi is missing after fresh install of Windows 10: I have reinstalled windows 10 several times now on a UEFI bios and a GPT nvme ssd. After i install, i keep getting a blue screen saying winload.efi is missing. Im not seeing am EFI partition being created either when i look at the partitions. I can boot into windows by...
  9. Windows 10 installation missing drivers

Windows 10 installation missing drivers: Hello, Sorry for the long description, I have no experience with Windows so I might make something trivialy wrong. I'm trying to install Windows10 in an existing system (multi-boot). I have several disks including 2 NVMEs. On the NVME I use to boot Linux (UEFI) I made a...
  10. Installing Windows 10 from USB - Drivers Missing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows 10 from USB - Drivers Missing: Hey everyone, I just recently upgraded my old Dell Inspiron with some new hardware. Here are the specs: ASUS Prime B540M-A Motherboard AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics WD 2TB Hard Drive Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB RAM All the other parts were included with the...