Windows 10: Windows 10 fresh install - is it possible to keep D drive files

Discus and support Windows 10 fresh install - is it possible to keep D drive files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, Over the many years of owning my PC, I have definitely downloaded and installed some questionable software which may have had an impact on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iTzOlly, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Windows 10 fresh install - is it possible to keep D drive files

Hi,

Over the many years of owning my PC, I have definitely downloaded and installed some questionable software which may have had an impact on performance. Because of this, I was planning on reinstalling Windows 10 and wiping the C drive. Question is: will I still be able to keep the files on my D drive and still be able to access it once the reinstall is completed? This has videos, pictures, documents, games etc. on it which I would like to keep - I don't have any other drives big enough to back it up.

Thanks

Olly

submitted by /u/iTzOlly
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iTzOlly, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Windows 10 fresh install - is it possible to keep D drive files

Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

I am trying to install a fresh copy (reformatted the hard disk) of windows 10 using a USB

• Created an installation media on a USB flash drive (Win 10 pro) from this page Download Windows 10
    • Changed the boot order on the other PC so that it boots using USB
    • Selected custom install
    • Installing Windows goes through the following steps successfully: Copying Windows Files, Getting Files ready for installation, Installing features, Installing updates and before the last step (Finishing up), it restarts
    • Then it goes back to the start of the installation steps

I am stuck and have read numerous posts but don't know what to do to install a fresh copy of Win 10.

deepakkaushik, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 fresh install - is it possible to keep D drive files

1. Windows 10 fresh install - is it possible to keep D drive files - Similar Threads - fresh install possible

2. Is it possible to place and keep installation files in the cloud and install locally to D:\?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to place and keep installation files in the cloud and install locally to D:\?: I have a program that I wish to install on my laptop. I have only 750GB of space spread across two drives. 500GB HD, and 250GB SSD. The problem is that the program requires in excess of 400GB to install and run. I can run 400GB off my empty HD, but I cannot both have the...
  3. Is it possible to place and keep installation files in the cloud and install locally to D:\?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to place and keep installation files in the cloud and install locally to D:\?: I have a program that I wish to install on my laptop. I have only 750GB of space spread across two drives. 500GB HD, and 250GB SSD. The problem is that the program requires in excess of 400GB to install and run. I can run 400GB off my empty HD, but I cannot both have the...
  4. Fresh installed windows 10 keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh installed windows 10 keeps crashing: My specs:CPU: Ryzen 7 2700xMOBO: Aorus B450 Pro WiFiRAM: 2x8gb TridentZ G.Skill RGB 3200 mhz working at default bios settings 2133mhzGPU: MSI GT 710STORAGE: ADATA XPG SX8200 SSD NVMe M.2 512GBPSU: EVGA 500W 80+ BronzeOS: the latest Windows 10 Pro This a PC I used at job, It's...
  5. Fresh installed windows 10 keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh installed windows 10 keeps crashing: My specs:CPU: Ryzen 7 2700xMOBO: Aorus B450 Pro WiFiRAM: 2x8gb TridentZ G.Skill RGB 3200 mhz working at default bios settings 2133mhzGPU: MSI GT 710STORAGE: ADATA XPG SX8200 SSD NVMe M.2 512GBPSU: EVGA 500W 80+ BronzeOS: the latest Windows 10 Pro This a PC I used at job, It's...
  6. Fresh installed windows 10 keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Possible to move windows to d drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible to move windows to d drive?: I'm reinstalling windows soon and I'd like to know if its possible to have windows on the D drive or any other drive apart from C. The goal I'm trying to achieve is to have windows kept separate from everything else so for example I can install games and programs to my C...
  8. Fresh Windows 10 Install Keeps Crashing

Fresh Windows 10 Install Keeps Crashing: I built this PC in 2015 and it has always had Windows 7 on it. Since that is becoming outdated, I am trying to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 I don’t currently have an activation code. I have a 256 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD that have been wiped clean with no data. I have a MSI...
  9. Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?

Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?: so i have windows 10 installed on my c: drive but it has become unstable, even a reset and countless other "tricks" didn't fix the issues, so i've decided to just go ahead and do a clean install... as mentioned, it's installed on my c: drive but this time around i would like...
  10. Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?: so i have windows 10 installed on my c: drive but it has become unstable, even a reset and countless other "tricks" didn't fix the issues, so i've decided to just go ahead and do a clean install... as mentioned, it's installed on my c: drive but this time around i would like...