Windows 10: Windows 10 Fresh Install Question

Discus and support Windows 10 Fresh Install Question in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm planning on rebuilding my PC with some new components. I want to do a fresh install of Win 10 on a new NVMe M.2 SSD. My current Win 10 Home is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by 101Eagle, Feb 16, 2020.

1. 101Eagle Win User

Windows 10 Fresh Install Question

I'm planning on rebuilding my PC with some new components. I want to do a fresh install of Win 10 on a new NVMe M.2 SSD. My current Win 10 Home is derived from a free upgrade from Win 7 Home. I understand that there's a difference between a new Win 10 Home product key and the digital license when I upgraded to Win 10 Home.

Currently under Settings - Activation it says that "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account." I'm thinking that when I install a fresh version of Win 10 on my new SSD, I only need to sign into my Windows account and the digital license will transfer to the new installation. I don't think I need to input a product key.

Am I correct in that assertion or am I missing something?

:)

101Eagle, Feb 16, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 16, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 16, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 installing progs

Fresh installs do it too, in fact i have had the same bs happen. Might be suggested apps which you can turn off.

AsRock, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Fresh Install Question - Similar Threads - Fresh Install Question

2. Fresh Windows Install regarding question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Windows Install regarding question.: In my laptop win11 is already install in HDD, I will install one SSD and use as Dual Storage Configuration. In that SSD I want to fresh install Win11, in this process will I loose my data in HDD, if I do not remove the HDD from Laptop during fresh Windows install?...
  3. Fresh Windows Install regarding question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Windows Install regarding question.: In my laptop win11 is already install in HDD, I will install one SSD and use as Dual Storage Configuration. In that SSD I want to fresh install Win11, in this process will I loose my data in HDD, if I do not remove the HDD from Laptop during fresh Windows install?...
  4. Stolen laptop question - fresh install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stolen laptop question - fresh install?: Hey gang, My laptop was stolen and I am trying to track it. If the thief does a clean windows install, am I out of luck? Thanks..... submitted by /u/WutangCND [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mpdqko/stolen_laptop_question_fresh_install/
  5. Question re: fresh windows install

Question re: fresh windows install: So I'm not sure what happened to my Surface Book 2, but after performing a hard shutdown in the middle of a video driver failure I got stuck in an automatic repair loop. Can't boot to windows, can't reinstall/repair, and apparently even the registry is corrupted beyond...
  6. Fresh install or Upgrade to 10? [Question]

Fresh install or Upgrade to 10? [Question]: Ok, I have read enough articles, many posts here on reddit and have some advices from friends. All are equally split between "just upgrade to 10 already, it's not as it was in the past. Just upgrade from within 7" and "of course you will go to a fresh clean install at some...
  7. Doing a Fresh Re-Installation of Windows 10 Questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Doing a Fresh Re-Installation of Windows 10 Questions: I use Microsoft Windows 10 Home as my operating system. I am finishing up graduate school. After I am done with school, I plan to wipe my computer clean and start fresh with the operating system. I have used the Reset PC options in the Settings section in the past, but I...
  8. Fresh installation question

Fresh installation question: I'm planning my first install of 10 onto a new SSD. I have win7 home registered and my account key on hand. From the reading I've done it seems possible to bypass the "upgrade" step but I'm still a bit confused by some of the jargon etc. Basically what is the simplest...
  9. Fresh Install Questions

Fresh Install Questions: Hey there, so recently I built my first gaming PC. I was having issues with it not displaying anything so I took it to a PC repair shop. The guy fixed it, and also installed Windows 10 as well as all the drivers. This was great, however, I now have a irrational fear that the...
  10. Question Regarding Raid & fresh clean install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Question Regarding Raid & fresh clean install of Windows 10: Hello, I recently did the upgrade and update to windows 10 pro. I am happy with it and all is OK. What I am wondering, Is I need to do a clean install. So, I currently have a raid set up on it and I did not set it up. The great thing is the upgrade/update kept all my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 install select driver nvme dell fresh