Windows 10: Windows 10 fresh installation doesn't boot without the windows USB installer disk

Discus and support Windows 10 fresh installation doesn't boot without the windows USB installer disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 4 disk, 2 nvme and 2 SSD in my system. Recently i formatted all the disks and installed the OS on a nvme disk. The problem is that while the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Arturo84Sgang, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Windows 10 fresh installation doesn't boot without the windows USB installer disk

I have 4 disk, 2 nvme and 2 SSD in my system.
    Recently i formatted all the disks and installed the OS on a nvme disk. The problem is that while the system perfectly work when the installation USB key is connected, if i disconnect it the system doesn't boot.

It's possible that some of the needed files where installed on the usb disk instead of the nvme ? and it's possible to restore it without deleting everything?

I tried scannow from advanced repair tools, and CHKDSK /r c: but the last one says is possible to access to the volume.

:)

Arturo84Sgang, Mar 9, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 9, 2021
  4. thraxed Win User

Windows 10 fresh installation doesn't boot without the windows USB installer disk

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 fresh installation doesn't boot without the windows USB installer disk

1. Windows 10 fresh installation doesn't boot without the windows USB installer disk - Similar Threads - fresh installation doesn't

2. bootable USB doesn't work. Can't install fresh Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bootable USB doesn't work. Can't install fresh Windows: I tried to install fresh windows on my laptop and then when I boot to the bootable USB, it says that the PC needs to be repaired and the winload.efi is missing, it only occurs on bootable USB and my SSD which my old windows is installed is working. Is there anything I can do...
  3. bootable USB doesn't work. Can't install fresh Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bootable USB doesn't work. Can't install fresh Windows: I tried to install fresh windows on my laptop and then when I boot to the bootable USB, it says that the PC needs to be repaired and the winload.efi is missing, it only occurs on bootable USB and my SSD which my old windows is installed is working. Is there anything I can do...
  4. Windows 11 fresh USB install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 fresh USB install: So I've just built a 64gb ram weapon and plugged in my new windows 11 USB, only to get through the first few steps of the install, to learn it doesn't meet the minimum system requirements. Even though it blows them out of the water.I have no way of installing windows, or...
  5. Fresh Windows Install from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Windows Install from USB: I have performed a refresh installation from 2 different USB drives and my HP Elitebook continously freezes on Just A Moment. Can some one please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fresh-windows-install-from-usb/4e318321-4776-48e2-923d-39db72bfb940
  6. Fresh windows 10 install not booting

Fresh windows 10 install not booting: Hello. I have just recently upgraded the core hardware of my computer. in so doing I prepared to have a fresh install running windows 10 as opposed to windows 7 which I had been using previously. I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and made a recovery partition on my storage...
  7. Windows 10 booted as if fresh install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 booted as if fresh install: Hello guys, this is the first time I have encountered something like this. I start my PC this morning and it boots as if it was a fresh install or as if a new user was created default everything settings, wallpaper and etc. I did not perform a fresh install recently except...
  8. Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing: I am trying to install a fresh copy reformatted the hard disk of windows 10 using a USB Created an installation media on a USB flash drive Win 10 pro from this page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Changed the boot order on the other PC so that...
  9. Install Windows 10 as dual boot without USB or DVD

Install Windows 10 as dual boot without USB or DVD: Hi guys, I have the Windows 10 Pro ISO with a Windows 10 key. (from MSDN) I want to install Windows 10 as dual boot with Windows 8.1. Both are x64. Is it possible to install Windows 10 from the ISO? I know you can upgrade that way. But I want to do a clean install...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot - fresh install

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't boot - fresh install: Hello, On Sunday, I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro on my Dell Precision T5810 (1Tb SSD main disk and 1Tb HDD secondary disk). I had some problems afterwards, as it sometimes said it couldn't find a partition table. After a while, this seemed to settle down, and I was able to...