Windows 10: Windows 10 fresh installation from an out of the box USB drive fails because...

Discus and support Windows 10 fresh installation from an out of the box USB drive fails because... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have recently bought a new machine and a fresh new Windows 10. Everything is straight out of the box. When starting up, the BIOS screen looks good... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RamiEitan, Aug 16, 2020.

1. RamiEitan Win User

Windows 10 fresh installation from an out of the box USB drive fails because...

I have recently bought a new machine and a fresh new Windows 10. Everything is straight out of the box. When starting up, the BIOS screen looks good and it identifies all the hardware including the fresh new SSD.
    I tried installing Windows 10 and put the USB key I got from microsoft and boot from it. It opens a screen prompting me to select 32 or 64 bit, then loads another screen saying "loading files" for a few seconds and then displays an error screen saying the error code is IO1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED and that the computer will reboot.

This is a completely new machine, the SSD is fresh out of the box, and the BIOS identifies every hardware by its name. I also downloaded the latest BIOS version from MSI's website MB is MSI Z490 Unify, but that didn't help.

I'm at a loss. This is a new hard drive so there aren't any files or configurations that could have been messed up, and everything is connected properly according to the BIOS.

:)

RamiEitan, Aug 16, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

I am trying to install a fresh copy (reformatted the hard disk) of windows 10 using a USB

• Created an installation media on a USB flash drive (Win 10 pro) from this page Download Windows 10
    • Changed the boot order on the other PC so that it boots using USB
    • Selected custom install
    • Installing Windows goes through the following steps successfully: Copying Windows Files, Getting Files ready for installation, Installing features, Installing updates and before the last step (Finishing up), it restarts
    • Then it goes back to the start of the installation steps

I am stuck and have read numerous posts but don't know what to do to install a fresh copy of Win 10.

deepakkaushik, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 fresh installation from an out of the box USB drive fails because... - Similar Threads - fresh installation box

2. Fresh Install from USB media failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Install from USB media failing: My computer failed to boot into Windows following a regular shut down, and I decided to do a clean install of Windows.I made a new installation media on a USB drive, formatted both my hard drive and the SSD I use as my boot drive, and attempted to install windows. However, no...
  3. Fresh Install from USB media failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Install from USB media failing: My computer failed to boot into Windows following a regular shut down, and I decided to do a clean install of Windows.I made a new installation media on a USB drive, formatted both my hard drive and the SSD I use as my boot drive, and attempted to install windows. However, no...
  4. USB/Drive Issues After Fresh Install of Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB/Drive Issues After Fresh Install of Windows: Hi everyone, I apologize for my lack of knowledge on the topic, but I will try to describe my issue as best as I can.Recently for a number of reasons I had to install a completely fresh version of windows on my computer. I did this through a USB. I have one large USB that I...
  5. Fresh Windows install fails due to no drives found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fresh Windows install fails due to no drives found: i have a Sager Laptop NH77HPQ wgich i attempted to install windows on from a usb however when i selected to do a clean install it didnt find any drives despite having 3 storage devices installed. my processor is an Intel Core i7 with a nvidia geforce rtx 3060 gpu.everytime i...
  6. Fresh Windows Install from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Windows Install from USB: I have performed a refresh installation from 2 different USB drives and my HP Elitebook continously freezes on Just A Moment. Can some one please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fresh-windows-install-from-usb/4e318321-4776-48e2-923d-39db72bfb940
  7. Computer won’t install a fresh Windows 10 from USB

Computer won’t install a fresh Windows 10 from USB: I few days ago I decided to install a fresh version of Windows 10. After only having my new pc for a month I started getting blue screens when trying to open game applications or logitech applications. I would blue screen about 5 times in a 3 hour gaming/browsing seesion. So,...
  8. Windows 10 Installation "fails" from USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Installation "fails" from USB: So I'm at my wits end with this. I've been trying to install Windows 10 on an old tower of mine that sat kinda dormant for a year. It's not too old, but I'm completely baffled as to why it just refuses Windows 10. Okay so, I've tried 4 different USB sticks: 2x 32GB sticks...
  9. Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing: I am trying to install a fresh copy reformatted the hard disk of windows 10 using a USB Created an installation media on a USB flash drive Win 10 pro from this page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Changed the boot order on the other PC so that...
  10. Windows 10 fresh install fails

Windows 10 fresh install fails: Hi! I'm having a common issue and I've tried all of the fixes I've found online. I still have the issue I have two disks - the USB removable memory stick which contains the installer ISO image, and an M.2 Samsung 500GB drive. I'm doing a fresh install of windows 10 and...