Windows 10: Windows 10 fresh installation won’t go past network screen

Discus and support Windows 10 fresh installation won’t go past network screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi my son was given a laptop from school and it his now his to keep. I wanted to change windows education edition to normal home edition. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ken T2000, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Ken T2000 Win User

Windows 10 fresh installation won’t go past network screen

Hi

my son was given a laptop from school and it his now his to keep. I wanted to change windows education edition to normal home edition. I have wiped the hard drive and done fresh install with ESD from Microsoft site using creation tool. Windows 10 installs ok and after a reboot you have to setup the account and when I get to network setup I have tried both wired and wireless internet connection. All that happens is a loop “checking the connection to Microsoft” etc. There is no skip and I cannot go back does anyone know a way round this one?

i appreciate any help and thanks in advance.

:)

Ken T2000, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 1, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Wired network speed capped after fresh Windows 10 installation

Strange issue with the wife's PC.

After a fresh Windows 10 OS installation, the wired networking interface refuses to go above 10 Mbps. The only time it will go above 10 Mbps is when I'm running Speedtest.net . It will then max out my 300 Mbps connection. Otherwise, no app whatsoever is able to move any data above 10 Mbps.

The NIC is a crappy RTL8111H. It's plugged into the router via a 1 GbE-capable cable (as I said, Speedtest.net somehow crosses that 10 Mbps limit, and Task Manager confirms that).

I've tried:

1. Updating NIC drivers
    2. Forcing "1 Gbps Full-duplex" in NIC settings (as opposed to auto-neg).
    3. I've not hit the FUP limit of my ISP (I'm 735 GB away from hitting it).

Halp

btarunr, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Windows 10 fresh installation won’t go past network screen

Windows 7 won’t go past welcome screen

I have a Windows 10 laptop. But I’ve still been using my Windows 7 and it has been working perfectly fine since yesterday.

Now it will not go past the Welcome screen even on safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt. I cannot get the F8 to work either so I can generate the Advanced Boot options. I just want to get my data in its C drive loaded into
    my external drive. My last update of external drive has been a week. My windows 7 has been disconnected from the Internet since early January 2020 or December 2019, definitely way before the expiration of Windows 7.

Am able to get in now. It just took time for the computer to go past the welcome screen of safe mode. And I think I may know what caused it.

Thanks for viewing anyway. Wanted to delete this post but it won’t let me.

Hey there MSSW, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 fresh installation won’t go past network screen

1. Windows 10 fresh installation won’t go past network screen - Similar Threads - fresh installation won’t

2. Computer won’t go past black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won’t go past black screen: This is my second build of a of but my 3rd rebuild of this specific pc. I rebuilt the pc. Updated chipset drivers and redownloaded icue and steam. I was playing games fine this time no issues so I decided to take the plunges and try to update windows. Windows seems to be the...
  3. Computer won’t go past black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won’t go past black screen: This is my second build of a of but my 3rd rebuild of this specific pc. I rebuilt the pc. Updated chipset drivers and redownloaded icue and steam. I was playing games fine this time no issues so I decided to take the plunges and try to update windows. Windows seems to be the...
  4. Geobook 1E won’t go past network start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Geobook 1E won’t go past network start up.: It says it connects fine but when I go to click next it does this for a while then says ‘It looked like something happened. Let’s try reconnecting.’ and then says ‘Just a moment’ and then goes to the network page again. I’m not sure of what to do next....
  5. Geobook 1E won’t go past network start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Geobook 1E won’t go past network start up.: It says it connects fine but when I go to click next it does this for a while then says ‘It looked like something happened. Let’s try reconnecting.’ and then says ‘Just a moment’ and then goes to the network page again. I’m not sure of what to do next....
  6. Blue screened laptop now it won’t go past welcome screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screened laptop now it won’t go past welcome screen: [IMG] So as you can see my laptop does this. I got a blue screen one night and it restarted now my laptop does this. It foes this thing like... its refreshing constantly. I cant log in, i cant restore to a point before hand. Worse case scenario i just want to grab the...
  7. Computer won’t install a fresh Windows 10 from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer won’t install a fresh Windows 10 from USB: I few days ago I decided to install a fresh version of Windows 10. After only having my new pc for a month I started getting blue screens when trying to open game applications or logitech applications. I would blue screen about 5 times in a 3 hour gaming/browsing seesion. So,...
  8. Been stuck on this screen multiple times won’t go past it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Been stuck on this screen multiple times won’t go past it: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Secretx51 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jh7rkq/been_stuck_on_this_screen_multiple_times_wont_go/
  9. Windows 10 won’t go past login screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won’t go past login screen.: Hi guys, Turned on my Windows 10 PC and it cannot get past the login screen? The login screen shows a giant white “not responding” style image with the text “windows sign in”, but if I hit a key, or try to ctrl+alt+delete, the screen just goes to black. Cannot get around...
  10. Networking problems on a fresh windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking problems on a fresh windows 10 install: Hello, i just bought a new laptopt with Windows 10 Pro, it is brand new there is no anti virus program other than Windows Defender. I'm having a lot of issues on the internet. I wanted to start by installing Norton, but I found the "Can't reach this page" error on Edge while...