Windows 10: Windows 10 Fresh Paint completely fails with Surface Pen

Discus and support Windows 10 Fresh Paint completely fails with Surface Pen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to use Fresh Paint on Windows 10 on a Surface Book 2 with a Surface Pen. When I try to use any of the brushes, oil or watercolor, the brush... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Douglas Harber, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Fresh Paint completely fails with Surface Pen

I'm trying to use Fresh Paint on Windows 10 on a Surface Book 2 with a Surface Pen. When I try to use any of the brushes, oil or watercolor, the brush almost always tracks off to the side of where the pen is touching and very often deposits paint way off to the side. One brush sort of works like I expect with the pen but the rest are essentially unusable because the paint is applied nowhere near where the pen is touching.

The extremely odd thing is that all of the brushes work exactly as I would expect if I use my finger to do the painting.

Given that Microsoft has ignored literally every question and complaint about Fresh Paint, making it clear the app is effectively unsupported, I don't expect any kind of helpful response but if some engineer happens to read this who knows someone who knows someone who might have worked on Fresh Paint at some time, maybe pass along that Fresh Paint in its current incarnation is essentially unusable with a pen.

Thanks.

:)

Douglas Harber, Sep 8, 2018

2. Misalignment on Fresh Paint while using Pen on Surface Pro 3 installed with Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

From the description, I suspect that the problem might lies with the Fresh Paint app. Adding more weight to this, I see you telling that you're able to use Pen on other apps without any issues.

However, I suggest you to check any available update for Fresh Paint in Windows Store.
    Launch Windows Store, click on your Profile on top right of Windows Store, and select
    Download and Updates. Now click
    Check for updates, to see if any update available for Fresh Paint app.
    Once update is installed, open the app to see if problem still persist.

If in case problem still persist, the try to uninstall and reinstall the app to see if it makes any difference. For uninstalling the app, go to
    Start menu or Start /> All apps, right-click on the app listed there and select
    Uninstall. After you uninstall the app, go to Windows Store, then try to reinstall the app to see if it works correctly.

Do refer the article
    Troubleshoot Surface Pen with Surface Pro 3
    and see if it helps you.

Keep posted how it went.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Misalignment on Fresh Paint while using Pen on Surface Pro 3 installed with Windows 10

Old title: Misalignment on Fresh Paint

I haven't used Fresh Paint in a while and decided to fire it up today, but noticed something was a bit off once I started "painting". The little circle showing my pen placement was perfectly lined up, but when I went to place a stroke, what I drew was in
    the wrong place (nearly a centimetre above my pen). In every other app, my pen is perfectly calibrated, and even in Fresh Paint it shows up in the right spot until I actually draw something. I'm on a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 and everything is up to
    date. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

oceangirl97, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Fresh Paint completely fails with Surface Pen

Surface Pen

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to go to the below link and try the steps.

Troubleshoot Surface Pen

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...search/troubleshoot-surface-pen?os=windows-10

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Fresh Paint completely fails with Surface Pen

1. Windows 10 Fresh Paint completely fails with Surface Pen - Similar Threads - Fresh Paint completely

2. How Can I use Surface slim pen 2 in Fresh Paint on my Surface laptop 4 running Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I use Surface slim pen 2 in Fresh Paint on my Surface laptop 4 running Windows 11?: Do I have to set same things, what?Thanks for the info. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-use-surface-slim-pen-2-in-fresh-paint-on/c4a978e1-7072-4382-9a31-db9c1b618b41
  3. How Can I use Surface slim pen 2 in Fresh Paint on my Surface laptop 4 running Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can I use Surface slim pen 2 in Fresh Paint on my Surface laptop 4 running Windows 11?: Do I have to set same things, what?Thanks for the info. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-use-surface-slim-pen-2-in-fresh-paint-on/c4a978e1-7072-4382-9a31-db9c1b618b41
  4. Window 10 surface pen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 surface pen: Hi, I just got my laptop and pen. And on the second day of me using it, the pen doesn't want to work on the right end, instead it wants to use the end that has shortcuts. I've tired to fix it by unpairing it and pairing it again but nothing seems to work, I know the battery...
  5. Window 10 surface pen

Window 10 surface pen: Hi, I just got my laptop and pen. And on the second day of me using it, the pen doesn't want to work on the right end, instead it wants to use the end that has shortcuts. I've tired to fix it by unpairing it and pairing it again but nothing seems to work, I know the battery...
  6. Surface pen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pen: I have a pen for my Microsoft surface go and on the box it says that its compatible with my surface go but it doesn't have any instructions on how to connect it. On the side the box says Skymirror and there is no top button or light on the stylus to let me connect it or to...
  7. Fresh Paint

Fresh Paint: I only see a few of my images how do I see all of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fresh-paint/e076975f-b0aa-4138-8a25-46e339678ac7
  8. Fresh Paint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fresh Paint: Hi, Is there anyway to work with Fresh Paint and then save the images to a resolution which is compatible with printing etc? I like the program but it seems the images won't sve as high resolution suitable for applications other than the internet. Any help appreciated....
  9. Fresh Paint

Fresh Paint: Is there a way to add multiple layers in Fresh Paint? I just finished outlining my artwork and it is time to color, but I don't want to go over the line work with other colors and mess it up....
  10. Fresh Paint

Fresh Paint: I've been working on this for a bit and I notice there aren't any layers... Are there layers on this app? If yes, how do I get to them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fresh-paint/ad970900-cfae-4fa5-8733-f29612018a85